Dominique Schuler

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Baller » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:02 pm

rep wrote:
Baller wrote:Miss Basketball is a CAREER award!!!!

no, actually it isn't

yes, it is....you need to go ask the media or a head coach!!!
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:03 pm

Baller wrote:
rep wrote:

no, actually it isn't

i am the media
rep

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:06 pm

rep wrote:
Baller wrote:
rep wrote:

no, actually it isn't

i am the media

rep do you get a voice in Miss basketball or player of the year? Since it sounds like your part of the media
Last edited by Ditka14 on Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:06 pm

then you may want to read about the award before you cast your vote.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:08 pm

Baller wrote:then you may want to read about the award before you cast your vote.

how about i listen to the discussion that is had before the votes are cast
rep

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:11 pm

ghetto*revival wrote:u better start driving "ditka" cause schulers got it in the bag

If schulers got it in the bag what D-I school is bagging to have her play? Or is she going to be another U-mary or UND star??? Not saying those arn't good schools though if she is not close to be at D-I level she is not on the same level as keilpinski
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:19 pm

Baller wrote:then you may want to read about the award before you cast your vote.

it's not a career award trust us... especially rep
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby bruins44 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:21 pm

Ming01 wrote:

it's not a career award trust us... especially rep

its not a career award!!  I remember when Tyron Terry from Valley City won the MR Basketball award... he had a great senior year and state tournament and won the award because of it
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:43 pm

If it is judged by what she has brought to the team then Schuler should be considered.  Shanley would have been better this year, maybe much better than the last few years.  But Schuler has brought them over the top.  She is the go to person, the play maker, the shooter the calm in the middle of the storm that has made everybody else better.  Unselfish and a team player who wants to win.  Just what is the criteria?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:00 pm

EDC wrote:If it is judged by what she has brought to the team then Schuler should be considered.  Shanley would have been better this year, maybe much better than the last few years.  But Schuler has brought them over the top.  She is the go to person, the play maker, the shooter the calm in the middle of the storm that has made everybody else better.  Unselfish and a team player who wants to win.  Just what is the criteria?

I agree with everything you just said!!  Schuler has put Shanley over the top, she has made them a very very good team and deserves all the praise she is getting
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ghetto*revival » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:34 pm

cdub1 compared schuler to kieplinski? sp by sayin kieplinski has more state titles under her belt dom has played in nd for not even one season yet and im sure if she would have played since her freshman year she would be a hands down pick for miss basketball  she has made shanley an elite team. not to mention shs hasnt even played a west team so i dont understand why you think the west is so great Shanley is the in the edc so when a west team comes to the shanley gym and proves to me they are a better team i will stop talkin about how good this group of girls are
ghetto*revival

Postby cdub1 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:42 pm

ghetto*revival wrote:cdub1 compared schuler to kieplinski? sp by sayin kieplinski has more state titles under her belt dom has played in nd for not even one season yet and im sure if she would have played since her freshman year she would be a hands down pick for miss basketball  she has made shanley an elite team. not to mention shs hasnt even played a west team so i dont understand why you think the west is so great Shanley is the in the edc so when a west team comes to the shanley gym and proves to me they are a better team i will stop talkin about how good this group of girls are

schuler is probably top 5 in the state maybe top 3 havent seen her play but i only hear good things but if you go watch kielpinski play you will see what i mean schuler all state easy lions all star easy miss basketball candidate sure why not miss basketball isnt gonna happen even like you said she hasnt been here long enough IF she is better than kielpinski and since they probably wont play all year long unless they play at state we wont know i say they are both very good players and shanleys team i will actually give some credit to with their record now i thought it was the start of the season fluke but they proved me wrong i will give them that

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:18 pm

I have not seen Shanley play, but I can not stress it enough that kielpinski will win.  I would be awfully surprised if Schuler made it because only the media from the East has had the opportunity to see her play. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:41 pm

Okay, I am going to throw something out there and a lot of people are going to be mad, but I am not hatin on anyone I think that Shuler is a great player BUT......she averages around 16-17 points a games, isn't among the leaders in the EDC in rebounding or assists (that under three assists per game) and under three steals per game.  She makes her team a lot better but why are we having this discussion that she could possibly get miss basketball over kielpinski or even Lafrance for that matter???
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 3sport » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:42 pm

ghetto*revival wrote:cdub1 compared schuler to kieplinski? sp by sayin kieplinski has more state titles under her belt dom has played in nd for not even one season yet and im sure if she would have played since her freshman year she would be a hands down pick for miss basketball  she has made shanley an elite team. not to mention shs hasnt even played a west team so i dont understand why you think the west is so great Shanley is the in the edc so when a west team comes to the shanley gym and proves to me they are a better team i will stop talkin about how good this group of girls are

i guaruntee mandan and kielpinski would get the win in shanley maybe even century could
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby ghetto*revival » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:57 am

how can you garuntee something like that noone knows how the outcome of a game like that would be. im not gonna say shanleys the best but i will give them a shot at the state title and until the tourneys over noone can say how much better the west is
ghetto*revival

Postby sioux75 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:53 am

I have not seen Shanley play this year, and Shanley has not played any west teams, so it is hard to judge how Shanley will match up with West teams until the State Tournament.  However  the Class A girl's poll has Mandan, Bismarck and Century all ahead of Shanley.  Also while Shanley has won all but one of their games, they have not won in as convincing of manor as the three top west teams.

Shanley beat Devils Lake by 3 pts., beat West Fargo by 7 pts., and South by 5 pts, all at home. South beat Devils Lake by 2 pts.  From these games it looks like the top three east teams are pretty evenly matched and West Fargo on some nights may not be too far behind. 

When you compare South and West Fargo's games against the top west teams it looks like the west teams are better.

South lost to Century by 21 pts., and to Bismarck by 12pts.  West Fargo lost to Century by 27, and Bismarck by 35pts.

Mandan the top ranked team in the state, has not played any games with teams from the east this year, but they won the Energy Classic in Gillette Wy.
sioux75

Postby demonfan74 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:59 am

Good analysis.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby persha1 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:52 pm

I have seen Schuler play and she is selfless.  Sits out when team is ahead, cheers on other team members.  She seems to be a class act.  I know at state volleyball, she was nominated for Miss v-ball, from the east, I heard her tell her mom, the young lady that received the honor really deserved it.  She said "I was honored to be nominated..."  Don't know many girls with that kind of class.  It sounds like any of the girls that have been mentioned are worthy.  :D
persha1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:00 pm

persha1 wrote:I have seen Schuler play and she is selfless.  Sits out when team is ahead, cheers on other team members.  She seems to be a class act.  I know at state volleyball, she was nominated for Miss v-ball, from the east, I heard her tell her mom, the young lady that received the honor really deserved it.  She said "I was honored to be nominated..."  Don't know many girls with that kind of class.  It sounds like any of the girls that have been mentioned are worthy.  :D

You think Keiplinski and lafrance don't cheer on there team when there sitting out?:?
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby persha1 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:47 am

I don't know, I've not seen them play.  I was committing on Miss Schuler, no one else.  And I would hope they would, but I have seen players that don't....
persha1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Trickey7 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:05 am

sioux75 wrote:I have not seen Shanley play this year, and Shanley has not played any west teams, so it is hard to judge how Shanley will match up with West teams until the State Tournament.  However  the Class A girl's poll has Mandan, Bismarck and Century all ahead of Shanley.  Also while Shanley has won all but one of their games, they have not won in as convincing of manor as the three top west teams.

Shanley beat Devils Lake by 3 pts., beat West Fargo by 7 pts., and South by 5 pts, all at home. South beat Devils Lake by 2 pts.  From these games it looks like the top three east teams are pretty evenly matched and West Fargo on some nights may not be too far behind. 

When you compare South and West Fargo's games against the top west teams it looks like the west teams are better.

South lost to Century by 21 pts., and to Bismarck by 12pts.  West Fargo lost to Century by 27, and Bismarck by 35pts.

Mandan the top ranked team in the state, has not played any games with teams from the east this year, but they won the Energy Classic in Gillette Wy.

Bismarck Centry beat Minot by 2pts.  Devils Lake beat Minot by 22. Shanley beat Devils Lake by 3 pts.

The game Shanley vs. Centry looks to be a laugher by your logic, Shanley by 23. 

This is where we turn to logic and realize that teams match up differently vs each other and people have hot and cold nights.  Mandan may be the best team, they lost to Centry, who lost to Bismarck.  The only thing for certain is you have to bring it in March.

Mandan has proven it and Shanley, Centry and Bismarck (maybe DL or South if they get on fire) will have to step it up to knock them off. 
Trickey7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demonfan74 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:19 am

Ditka14 wrote:
persha1 wrote:I have seen Schuler play and she is selfless.  Sits out when team is ahead, cheers on other team members.  She seems to be a class act.  I know at state volleyball, she was nominated for Miss v-ball, from the east, I heard her tell her mom, the young lady that received the honor really deserved it.  She said "I was honored to be nominated..."  Don't know many girls with that kind of class.  It sounds like any of the girls that have been mentioned are worthy.  :D

You think Keiplinski and lafrance don't cheer on there team when there sitting out?:?

Those were the two players I thought cheered the most for their teammates on any team I've seen play.  Watching the century/mandan game, lafrance was sitting out most of the first half in foul trouble but still stood up and cheered for her teammates; most players would slouch and look upset.  Then when both players had fouled out, each was constantly jumping up and down and cheering for their respective team. 

Persha1:  I don't think many girls nominated for an award like that would say "That girl shouldn't have won; I deserve it more!" Most players up for the award are classy players, or at least put on a good act if they truly aren't. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the_real_deal » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:06 am

Why did she transfer to Shanley in the first place? Was the competition in Minnesota that good so she wanted to transfer to a place where she could put up better stats?
the_real_deal

Postby shs01240 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:01 am

Schuler transferred so she could see BETTER competition in V-ball and Basketball. These stats are nothing new for her, she started at breck. as an 8th grader and led in points and assists all but one year. B4 she transferred she was on som top 40 seniors list in minnesota. She'd put up great numbers no matter where she played. Probably gets more press in ND though.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Girls