Dominique Schuler

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby point/center » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:14 am

What are the odds of her being nominated? or winning?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:16 am

she should atleast be nominated.  im gonna say shes the best player in the EDC.  drops 25 on red river last night makin 7-8 from 3!! thats pretty impressive.

i personally dont think she can win it with keilpinski? in Mandan and since shes only been playing in ND for 1 season.  if she played here since her freshman year she would have to be the favorite.
Last edited by baseball on Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:53 am

I certainly think Senior Player of the year is more appropriate.  Miss Basketball is a career award and Shuler has not had a career of ND Basketball.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:25 am

baseball wrote:she should atleast be nominated.  im gonna say shes the best player in the EDC.  drops 25 on red river last night makin 7-8 from 3!! thats pretty impressive.

i personally dont think she can win it with keilpinski? in Mandan and since shes only been playing in ND for 1 season.  if she played here since her freshman year she would have to be the favorite.

she would still not be the favorite keilpinski started varsity as an eighth grader and won a state championship schuler seems really good but i will give a player no credit until they play good against century bismarck or mandan

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:47 am

cdub1 wrote:
baseball wrote:she should atleast be nominated.  im gonna say shes the best player in the EDC.  drops 25 on red river last night makin 7-8 from 3!! thats pretty impressive.

she would still not be the favorite keilpinski started varsity as an eighth grader and won a state championship schuler seems really good but i will give a player no credit until they play good against century bismarck or mandan

cdub, you are contradicting yourself...in a recent post you talked about privratsky being the second best player in the state behind keilpinski, yet she has not played those three teams.  It is not fair to not give credit if they do not get the opportunity to play those teams.

I agree that shuler is behind keilpinski, but I dont agree with the last statement.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:08 am

Baller wrote:I certainly think Senior Player of the year is more appropriate.  Miss Basketball is a career award and Shuler has not had a career of ND Basketball.
Miss Basketball is a career award? really? I wasnt aware of that.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:21 pm

point/center wrote:
Baller wrote:I certainly think Senior Player of the year is more appropriate.  Miss Basketball is a career award and Shuler has not had a career of ND Basketball.
Miss Basketball is a career award? really? I wasnt aware of that.

i dont think it is, but i could be wrong
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby EDC » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:13 pm

cdub1 wrote:

I got the impression that you thought Mandan and Century were head and shoulders above everybody else.  Now you add Bismarck to the choosen few teams in ND you consider unbeatable.  Interesting.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:07 pm

EDC wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

I got the impression that you thought Mandan and Century were head and shoulders above everybody else.  Now you add Bismarck to the choosen few teams in ND you consider unbeatable.  Interesting.

its not really interesting century and mandan are way over everybody...the way bismarck plays DEFENSE tells me who is good when they play against them as they are not an easy team to score on and i give privratsky credit cuz i seen her play i havent seen schuler play
Last edited by cdub1 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EDC » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:07 pm

I am beginning to think that the East has a chance against the West and no free passes will be given.  The East knows that the West has NO respect for them.  A lot can happen during a season and lets enjoy the rest of the year and look forward to the State tournament and let the best teams win.  :) 
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:15 pm

Its kind of hard to when almost half the teams have only 1 win and 2/3 don't even have a .500 record.  I mean how do you know how good DL and Shanley are if they are playing those teams.

Shanley      9 1
Devils Lake 8 1
South          6 4
West Fargo 4 6
Red River    4 6
North          1 8
Central        1 8
Wahpeton   1 8
Valley City   1 10
Last edited by Deuce on Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:26 pm

one way of looking at it is, with the exception of south and devils lake, shanley has buried any other team. they don't play down to clearly weaker opponents.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:30 pm

Shuler is the best player in the EDC so she will win EDC player of the year and be a finalist for Class A senior player of the year.... The coaches vote for that award and with alot of coaches not liking or jealous of the Mandan program she might get votes for this award.

The writers and TV guys vote for Miss Basketball and with Kalpinski winning possibly 4 state titles and going DI she will win Miss Basketball, most of the writers that vote dont even see the girls play unless they see them in their home town or at State...

Does anyone know how Shuler got to Shanley?  rumor has it that she is living with her sister in Fargo...
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:33 pm

bruins44 wrote:Shuler is the best player in the EDC so she will win EDC player of the year and be a finalist for Class A senior player of the year.... The coaches vote for that award and with alot of coaches not liking or jealous of the Mandan program she might get votes for this award.

The writers and TV guys vote for Miss Basketball and with Kalpinski winning possibly 4 state titles and going DI she will win Miss Basketball, most of the writers that vote dont even see the girls play unless they see them in their home town or at State...

Does anyone know how Shuler got to Shanley?  rumor has it that she is living with her sister in Fargo...

she didnt like it in Wahp anymore so she is living in an apartment with her sister yes.  i dont know if she had friends that go to shanley before this year or not all i know is shes with her sister..
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsbest44 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:12 pm

It will be tough for her to win since she's new to the state, and with all of keilpinski has accomplished
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:21 pm

Schuler played summer ball with a few of the SHS posts. i think that played a big factor in her decision
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:13 pm

If keilpinski doesn't win Miss Basketball i will drive my truck off the memorial bridge, she is hands down going to win it. No one else has a chance sorry, but the truth hurts, being apart of possibly 5 state championships is unheard of. One of the best girls basketball players ever to come out of north dakota
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ghetto*revival » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:45 am

u better start driving "ditka" cause schulers got it in the bag
ghetto*revival

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:01 am

ghetto*revival wrote:u better start driving "ditka" cause schulers got it in the bag

kielpinski had it in the bag last year add the fact she has 4 state championships and better numbers than schuler with most of the state thinking kielpinski is better schuler really doesnt have a chance

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:31 am

ghetto*revival wrote:u better start driving "ditka" cause schulers got it in the bag

i gotta go with ditka on this one, schuler may get senior of the year but not miss bball.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Trickey7 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:25 pm

Schuler should get Miss Basketball it will be apparent when they upset the west in the state tourney, but I am sure voting will already be done.
Trickey7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:17 pm

Ditka14 wrote:If keilpinski doesn't win Miss Basketball i will drive my truck off the memorial bridge, she is hands down going to win it. No one else has a chance sorry, but the truth hurts, being apart of possibly 5 state championships is unheard of. One of the best girls basketball players ever to come out of north dakota

I agree,  Keilpinski is one of the best players to ever come out of ND!!  Everyone else is playing for second place....  like I said before Shuler will be the EAST senior player of the year but not the state player of the year or MISS BASKETBALL, both of those will go to Keilpinski.  Ghetto and Trickey 7 its nice to be loyal to your player but please try to be realistic!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:39 pm

Trickey7 wrote:Schuler should get Miss Basketball it will be apparent when they upset the west in the state tourney, but I am sure voting will already be done.

schuler doesnt have a chance she is gettin about 15 a game kielpinski is gettin 20 10 and 5steals kielpinski has 1,2,3,4 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS how many does schuler have in nd um...ZERO schuler is really good but she is not on kielpinski's level kielpinski is a d-1 player schuler is a good north dakota player

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:51 pm

Miss Basketball is a CAREER award!!!!
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:53 pm

Baller wrote:Miss Basketball is a CAREER award!!!!

no, actually it isn't
rep

Next

Return to Girls