Dominique Schuler

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baseball » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:02 am

the_real_deal wrote:Why did she transfer to Shanley in the first place? Was the competition in Minnesota that good so she wanted to transfer to a place where she could put up better stats?

wow....way to give her a good reason for moving.  she was dominating at Breckenridge too.  shes a good friend of mine and she moved becaused she didnt like all the drama in breck and thought it would be better if she moved to fargo to live with her sister.  not to mention in breck she was alone alot when she was at home, maybe she moved in with her sister so she could maybe come home and see someone instead of an empty house.  maybe thats just what she told me and really is about the stats.....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby shs01240 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:19 am

Good insight.
Last edited by shs01240 on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the_real_deal » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:55 am

Im sure all of her Breckenridge teammates appreciate her leaving after they had put in hours of hard work with her to try to become a good team and then she just leaves before her last year.  She seems like she was putting herself in front of others, trying to get noticed rather than helping teammates win who had put alot of stock into her being a big part of the team
the_real_deal

Postby shs01240 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:31 am

Did you not read "baseball'S" statement!? Sometimes in life there are things that take precedence over athletics. If she was such a selfish person, wouldn't she think to transfer to South where athletic dominance is expected? I'm sure her teammates were disappointed, but if they were true friends and teammates they would fully understand her situation.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:43 am

shs01240 wrote:Did you not read "baseball'S" statement!? Sometimes in life there are things that take precedence over athletics. If she was such a selfish person, wouldn't she think to transfer to South where athletic dominance is expected? I'm sure her teammates were disappointed, but if they were true friends and teammates they would fully understand her situation.

your family is more important than sports and i would think her teammates know that and are fine with it

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Trickey7 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:43 am

the_real_deal wrote:Im sure all of her Breckenridge teammates appreciate her leaving after they had put in hours of hard work with her to try to become a good team and then she just leaves before her last year.  She seems like she was putting herself in front of others, trying to get noticed rather than helping teammates win who had put alot of stock into her being a big part of the team

Mandans entire team plays in the summer and many other girls  make sacrafices to get better.  Schuler played in summer leagues did any of her teamates? 

The fact is she transferred before she got even found out if she would be eligible for sports tells you her transfer wasn't for sports.
Trickey7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ben23 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:11 pm

Baller wrote:I certainly think Senior Player of the year is more appropriate.  Miss Basketball is a career award and Shuler has not had a career of ND Basketball.

I agree with this but isn't Miss Basketball suppose to be given out to the best player in Girls Basketball, but i think Senior Player of the year i what she will get.  But if she did get Miss Basketball i would not be suprised.
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:18 pm

Ben23 wrote:
Baller wrote:I certainly think Senior Player of the year is more appropriate.  Miss Basketball is a career award and Shuler has not had a career of ND Basketball.

I agree with this but isn't Miss Basketball suppose to be given out to the best player in Girls Basketball, but i think Senior Player of the year i what she will get.  But if she did get Miss Basketball i would not be suprised.

kielpinski proves nite in and nite out y she is the best schuler is good but not the best

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bruins44 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:19 pm

Ben23 wrote:

PLEASE!!  if Kalpinski wins Miss Basketball why wouldnt she also win Class A Senior player of the year???   Shuler may be the best senior in the EDC but there are at least 3 girls in the WDA that are better... Fetig and LaFrance are better and obviously Kalpinski...  so she should be happy with getting EDC senior player of the year, because the state award will go to Miss Mandan!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AandBfan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:44 am

Last year on the boys side Travis Mertens won mr.basketball while Eric Erdmann won player of the year so it has happened
AandBfan

Postby Baller » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:48 am

Senior player of the year is voted on by the coaches while Mr/Miss Basketball is a media award.  It could definately go to two different players.

I do agree that the state senior player will be kielpinski, but shuler or thorson could get EDC.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the_real_deal » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:32 am

Schuler won't win it, I don't see it happening.  A coach of a team that played her said she really wasn't as good as advertised and can be defended by smaller, quicker players.  This coach told me he knows when it comes to tourney time everyone will know how to shut her down and expose her weakness
the_real_deal

Postby 666 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:22 am

AandBfan wrote:Last year on the boys side Travis Mertens won mr.basketball while Eric Erdmann won player of the year so it has happened

Travis Mertens won senior of the year for the EDC and Mr. Basketball so i dont see where Erdmann won player of the year, he did win the mvp during the state tourney but not player of the year. isnt that the Mr. Basketball award.

Postby AandBfan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:48 am

Erdmann won Gatorade player of the year for North Dakota
AandBfan

Postby Trickey7 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:44 am

the_real_deal wrote:Schuler won't win it, I don't see it happening.  A coach of a team that played her said she really wasn't as good as advertised and can be defended by smaller, quicker players.  This coach told me he knows when it comes to tourney time everyone will know how to shut her down and expose her weakness

She went for 13 pts,11 boards and 7 assists vs. West Fargo on Saturday in less than half the game.  Not bad all around, pass, rebound and shoot.  What weakness are referring to? 

Double up on her and her teamates thrive, they are good enough to beat anyone. 
Trickey7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:08 am

Trickey7 wrote:
the_real_deal wrote:Schuler won't win it, I don't see it happening.  A coach of a team that played her said she really wasn't as good as advertised and can be defended by smaller, quicker players.  This coach told me he knows when it comes to tourney time everyone will know how to shut her down and expose her weakness

She went for 13 pts,11 boards and 7 assists vs. West Fargo on Saturday in less than half the game.  Not bad all around, pass, rebound and shoot.  What weakness are referring to? 

I could put up those numbers vs west fargo and I struggle....take a look at her numbers vs. good teams like DL and South
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:08 am

Trickey7 wrote:

anyone not named the mandan braves

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shs01240 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:52 am

Schuler signs with NDSCS
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Girls