EDC Poll

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who will be the Number 1 seed in the EDC

Fargo South
5%
Fargo North
No votes
West Fargo
No votes
Shanley
47%
GF Red River
No votes
GF Central
No votes
Devils Lake
37%
Valley City
No votes
Wahpeton
11%

Total votes : 19

Postby EDC » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:34 pm

Who will win the EDC tournament?  I feel it will come down to two teams - Devils Lake and Shanley.  South is always dangerous but I have seen them play and so far they aren't as strong as prior years.  I would say South is the darkhorse.    Overall the EDC is down this year with Wahpeton and Valley City totally out of the picture.  North has been disappointing though they haven't had any easy games yet.  West Fargo has some potential but they lost too much from last year.  Central shouldn't challenge - good shooters but will get outrebounded every game.  Red River came in highly rated but haven't performed with South beating them badly.  Crookston will beat RR by at least 20.  Not saying DL and Shanley are head and shoulders over South but both are better if they stay healthy.  My opinion at this time - just trying to generate some fun.  Not meant to offend!!
Last edited by EDC on Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:27 pm

Well put.  What is your pick?
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:58 pm

Toss up between DL and Shanley
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:16 pm

Interesting that people think Shanleys win over Devils Lake was a fluke.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DeuceTrey » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:20 pm

EDC wrote:Interesting that people think Shanleys win over Devils Lake was a fluke.

im dont think it was a fluke, but i do think that DL should have won that game, and when they play each other again, DL will win. DL played horrible defense most of the game, and couldnt do anything on offense, until the last part of the game when they were down by 21 and only lost by 3. Shanley is a good team, but i think DL is better.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:38 pm

Didn't Devils Lake beat Crookston by about 20 last year?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:42 pm

EDC wrote:Didn't Devils Lake beat Crookston by about 20 last year?

yeah..in the christmas tournament in grand forks
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EDC » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:56 pm

Any thoughts after South beat Devils Lake?  I think it is even harder to pick between the three (DL, South, Shanley)  I think DL came into the season thinking they might go undefeated in the EDC.  South expected to lose some in the beginning and steadily improve hoping for a top three finish.  Shanley didn't know what to expect other than to be in the upper half.
Last edited by EDC on Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:40 pm

EDC wrote:Any thoughts after South beat Devils Lake?  I think it is even harder to pick between the three (DL, South, Shanley)  I think DL came into the season thinking they might go undefeated in the EDC.  South expected to lose some in the beginning and steadily improve hoping for a top three finish.  Shanley didn't know what to expect other than to be in the upper half.

i didnt see the South and DL game, but i do know that south was up by 10 at half, and from what i heard, they won by two on a last second, hail mary shot. does anyone know more about this?
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:46 pm

it wasn't a hail mary shot.  Mandy Hage got into the middle of the lane and had a little floater that went of the backboard and in.  It is a shot that Mandy shoots a lot, doesn't always go down for her, but it did when it counted. 

South was up by ten at the half, but the had a nice run at the end of the half.  It was about a 5 point game throughout.  Souths posts really got the best of Devils Lake.  Stensgard and Stroup both had 19 and Haring brought the ball up the floor so because privratsky was guarding Burk.  Haring was able to get in the lane and feed the posts for some really easy baskets.

Probably the best South has played all season...a very fun game to watch.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Trickey7 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:07 pm

Until someone beats Shanley, It is hard to say that any team has an upper hand vs. them.  They are only getting better, we can predict all we want and everyone in the East has had a shot at them without a win.  The second half of the schedule will tell alot.  Good coaching always makes the difference near playoff time.
Trickey7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EDC » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:59 pm

I am a little surprised that South only has one vote.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:10 pm

EDC wrote:I am a little surprised that South only has one vote.

Thats because the only ones that ever write on here are Shanley and Devils Lake fans!!

I think it will be a dog fight between the three schools, all three have a ways to go before they can beat Bismarck Century and Mandan.... but thats what Century was saying last year when South beat them in the semi finals at State!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:32 pm

bruins44 wrote:
EDC wrote:I am a little surprised that South only has one vote.

Thats because the only ones that ever write on here are Shanley and Devils Lake fans!!

I think it will be a dog fight between the three schools, all three have a ways to go before they can beat Bismarck Century and Mandan.... but thats what Century was saying last year when South beat them in the semi finals at State!!
So you voted for South?  I was impressed with the way South handled DL.  South is improving - no surprise.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:09 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:
EDC wrote:Interesting that people think Shanleys win over Devils Lake was a fluke.

im dont think it was a fluke, but i do think that DL should have won that game, and when they play each other again, DL will win. DL played horrible defense most of the game, and couldnt do anything on offense, until the last part of the game when they were down by 21 and only lost by 3. Shanley is a good team, but i think DL is better.

Any loss of confidence in Devils Lake after the loss to South?  I think the game exposed some weaknesses in DL.  DL couldn't stop a big post, didn't shoot their best (have to shoot good to win) , and got tired (not very deep)  Thoughts?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:27 pm

South posts played well against DL.  they played a great game, it was fun to watch,  I think DL did get tired, but they are still very quick, You have to get back on Defense against them... Haring played a great game for South, she just schooled the Devils Lake guards in the last few minutes of the game.  It will be a very interesting game with Shanley on Friday!! If the Deacons can control the paint and stop Privatsky from going off they have a great chance to win.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:35 pm

bruins44 wrote:South posts played well against DL.  they played a great game, it was fun to watch,  I think DL did get tired, but they are still very quick, You have to get back on Defense against them... Haring played a great game for South, she just schooled the Devils Lake guards in the last few minutes of the game.  It will be a very interesting game with Shanley on Friday!! If the Deacons can control the paint and stop Privatsky from going off they have a great chance to win.

I would agree that the South posts played well against DL (except what is going on with Patterson?  She looks very frustrated and doesn't seem to be the player I remember from last year) Very impressed with Haring.  She is a sophomore I believe and a great ballhandler with some quickness that by looking at her you wouldn't think she had those skills.  I thought Hage would be seeing more playing time.  Overall, things seem to be falling in place for South.  Watch out EDC
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:43 pm

Pattison is struggling, she had a good year last season because teams didnt concentrate on her, they had Lee and Greenheck to deal with, she looks disinterested at times... hopefully she will get it together.  Hage plays alittle too fast for herself sometimes, she works very hard and the DL game gave her confidence
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DeuceTrey » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:15 pm

bruins44 wrote:It will be a very interesting game with Shanley on Friday!! If the Deacons can control the paint and stop Privatsky from going off they have a great chance to win.

That is a pretty big if. they will only be able to do one of those things. if you can completely shut down DL, then my hats off to you. If the paint is shut down, look out below, cause it'll be raining 3's. and if Privatsky gets shut down, which will be very hard, you better start counting those dimes, cause she will just pass all game long.
Last edited by DeuceTrey on Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:35 pm

Of course Shanley will control the paint.  Shanley doesn't have to double team DL's posts to stop them.  DL's problem is they won't be able to stop the Shanley posts without double teaming - and if they do that Schuler will kill them from the 3 point line.  Shanley is the favorite in this game.  DL might win but it would be an upset.  Congrats to DL in beating Minot tonight by 20.  Speaks well of the East.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls