Mandan @ Century

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mandan Vs Century

Century
50%
Mandan
50%

Total votes : 16

Postby kel20Nd » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:08 pm

16 with no kids
kel20Nd

Postby cdub1 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:10 pm

justbecause wrote:Good one!  8th grade boys basketball game, huh.  Hopefully your daughter don't play for either team.  Aren't you smart.

wasnt really a stupid comment so i guess he is pretty smart
Last edited by cdub1 on Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:33 pm

baseball18 wrote:I know it was just one game, but Mandan did not live up to all of the hype.  I thought they would beat Century by double digits.  I truly think this is the year where Mandan will not take state.  Their bench is nothing compared to what we're used to seeing and their young players dont particularily thrive under pressure.

Your talking about a 4 time returing state championship team, which in three of those 4 years mandan lost at Century, and every time they have came back and destroyed them. Century might have a slight better starting line-up, though they are not better then mandans, like you said their young team can't thrive under pressure? How many of century's bench consists of mainly sophmores? I believe they have 6 seniors to come off the bench. That was their first big game and it is past them now next time they meet they will be relaxed because they now what the feeling is like now.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan74 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:26 pm

Who cares about age? It's about the team.  Century is better and people need to start giving them credit for wins instead of coming up with excuses.  I've said it before and I'll say it again; get over yourselves!
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:26 am

You are right age doesn't matter.  But the statement being referred to stated that the young players didn't thrive under pressure.  So age is important in that sense. 

I also don't think that someone who is objective would have any problem comparing the play of the game to that of 8th grade boys.  It was a hack fest, with around 50 turnovers. 
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:32 am

justbecause wrote:Good one!  8th grade boys basketball game, huh.  Hopefully your daughter don't play for either team.  Aren't you smart.

He attends mandan high so to answer your question... nope
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby threeball » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:25 pm

justbecause wrote:You are correct.  If I recall Lafrance, and Fettig were both on the bench for a minimum of half the first period, since both were in foul trouble.  CHS had a 13 point lead at half time, and 2 of their best players had maybe 5 points combined the first half. 

Compared to Mandan's best player having the game of her life, and look who still won!  Simply amazing!

Nothing is simply amazing, i was at this game and kielpinski did not have the game of her life, not even close, she had a good game yes but not the game of her life.  In my opinion the reffing got very one sided, mandan could not run their press or anything and they would get called for some weak foul.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justbecause » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:44 am

excuses, excuses, excuses.  Some people just can't accept CHS won.
justbecause
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Trickey7 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:16 am

Get off the refs.  Calling tighter games is exactly what they should be doing.  They are just catching up to what they should have been calling all these years.  Girls BB has always been so grabby in the past because lets face it, they weren't very athletic in the past.  Todays girls are athletes and should adjust to the refs.  Winning 4 straight titles and not getting any calls, what an idiot.
Trickey7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby threeball » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:22 pm

Trickey7 wrote:Get off the refs.  Calling tighter games is exactly what they should be doing.  They are just catching up to what they should have been calling all these years.  Girls BB has always been so grabby in the past because lets face it, they weren't very athletic in the past.  Todays girls are athletes and should adjust to the refs.  Winning 4 straight titles and not getting any calls, what an idiot.
what does winning four straight titles have to do with a game being reffed fair.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby finfam06 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:08 pm

The next game between Mandan and Century will be a great one see:clap:This game will be played in Mandan and will most likely be watched by the entire state to see who comes out on top! Any bets out there? 
finfam06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AandBfan » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:39 am

I'll pick Mandan to make a statement and show everyone they belong on top
AandBfan

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:59 am

I have mandan coming out on top, their home record is to amazing coming in to mandan and beating them on there own court is unheard of. Plus i think they have the huge advantage of getting a holiday tournement under themselves seeing more games then most of the state.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDVBBB » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:56 am

I've watched as many Mandan, Century & Bismarck games that I can - Unfortunately, Mandan has mainly played away games.  Anyway, I thought Bismarck would give Mandan a little scare, but what was scary :shock: was the 15-0 run that Mandan put on Bismarck to start the game.  Mandan just rolled over Bismarck.:surrender:

Century's strength is in maturity with the 6 seniors and the balanced scoring.  I'll be watching intently the next couple area games prior to the BHS-CHS matchup 1/18.  If Century has trouble with Bismarck, then Century may be in trouble with Mandan.  If Century crushes Bismarck like Mandan did, then it could still be a toss-up.  Mandan sure looked strong against Bismarck.
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sioux75 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:25 am

What should be scary for other basketball teams in the state was the balanced scoring attack that the Braves had against Bismarck last night at Bismarck.  The game was 15-0 and I don't believe that Jessica Kielpinski had even scored yet.  She went on to be the high scorer with 14, but there were seven other players who scored 8 or more points:  Melissa Strandemo had 13, Marlee Finley had 10 Paige Jensen had 9, Cassandra Kelsch, Mic Kraft  Ali Collins and ShanLee Taken Alive all had 8.

sioux75

Postby NDVBBB » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:33 am

Century escaped against Minot with a buzzer beater to hold off upset-minded Minot.  Mandan rolled by 40 or so over Minot.  Next test for Century will be Bismarck.  This could be the most telling game.
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfootball » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:09 am

minot got robbed against century.  #23 hit an NBA three with 2 seconds left to wn by two.  Century did not look like a number one team in the state and i was not impressed with LaFrance.
ndfootball

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:25 am

Every team has off nights, and when your #1 in the state thats a pretty big target on your back.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:00 pm

Century may have stole the game, but credit to them for making a clutch play. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:40 pm

ndfootball wrote:minot got robbed against century.  #23 hit an NBA three with 2 seconds left to wn by two.  Century did not look like a number one team in the state and i was not impressed with LaFrance.

i have not been impressed with lafrance ne game i have seen her play is it possible she is way overrated thier post player cant remember her name seems a lot better than lafrance

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:04 pm

You haven't been to enough games then.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:27 pm

i saw her play at least 12 different games and she doesnt impress me at all never has she cant shoot all she is really just a decent passer and somewhat athletic

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:27 am

Lafrance does just about everything for that Century team.   She takes a lot of pressure off other players on her team.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfootball » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:09 pm

Lafance is extremly athletc but i dont think she can shoot that good.
ndfootball

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:10 pm

ndfootball wrote:Lafance is extremly athletc but i dont think she can shoot that good.

She shoots to much, jossart SP?? is a better shooter in my mind
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Girls