North High

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby digger » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:47 am

What happened to the North girls program?  Just a few years ago when Jahner and the Dahlens were there they were the dominant team in the state.  They've been on the wrong side of some  really lopsided scores the last couple of years.  Was the Jahner/Dahlen run an aberration?  I'm not familiar with the history of the program, but it sure seems like you could have built on the success they had a few years ago. 
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:39 am

it seems as the though north and south flip /flop as years go by.  There might be a 6-7 year streak where north is really good and then it will flip and south will be good for 6-7 years.  It seems as though it is not often that they are both really good at the same time.  With the way that the boundaries are drawn, the numbers are really on the south side.  Even the 8th grade and 9th grade teams at north have a hard team filling 2 teams.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bruins44 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:54 am

Baller wrote:it seems as the though north and south flip /flop as years go by.  There might be a 6-7 year streak where north is really good and then it will flip and south will be good for 6-7 years.  It seems as though it is not often that they are both really good at the same time.  With the way that the boundaries are drawn, the numbers are really on the south side.  Even the 8th grade and 9th grade teams at north have a hard team filling 2 teams.
 North really has fallen on hard times, they have not had a good team since the Dahlen Jahner years... South has been to the State tournament 13 out of the last 15 years so saying that North and South flip flop is wrong,  The Bruins have been very good year in and year out under Flaagan! finishing 2nd in the State two out of the past 3 years!!... Flaagan runs a very good program, and his players work hard in the off season to improve, they go to multiple team camps in the summer, many of them have top notch competition. His players are in the gym all summer and fall working out.. Yes there are more students on the south side of town but that is just an excuse for a program going in the wrong direction. You need to build from the bottom up and the South side coaches have been doing that. 
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:01 pm

I expected North to win a few more this year.  Anybody have any insights on the talent there this year?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:48 pm

archigo is really all they have...I thought that Jastrom and Kelsey Larson would have better seasons, but they are struggling.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls