Shanley High

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Shanley High

Postby Carl08 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:32 pm

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:
EDC wrote:Sounds like Brenner got a concussion hitting the floor the last match of the state volleyball tournament. Tough break as this comes after having to sit out last year with a bad shoulder. Shanley needs her to be successful this year.

How is she doing now? I hope everything is ok and she will be able to play?

Still hasn't started practicing.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_real_deal » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:24 pm

Shanley will be alright I think. They will get a good early season test when they play at Crookston next week. Crookston returns all of its players and all 5 of their starters are going on to play college ball next year, including one to D-1 Iowa. It will be a good test but they will be absolutely no match for Crookston. I predict a 30-40 point Crookston win.
the_real_deal

Postby EDC » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:47 pm

the_real_deal wrote:Shanley will be alright I think. They will get a good early season test when they play at Crookston next week. Crookston returns all of its players and all 5 of their starters are going on to play college ball next year, including one to D-1 Iowa. It will be a good test but they will be absolutely no match for Crookston. I predict a 30-40 point Crookston win.

I think Crookston wins by more than 40. How did you know that due to a scheduling conflict, Shanley is sending their sophomore team?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:54 pm

EDC wrote:
the_real_deal wrote:Shanley will be alright I think. They will get a good early season test when they play at Crookston next week. Crookston returns all of its players and all 5 of their starters are going on to play college ball next year, including one to D-1 Iowa. It will be a good test but they will be absolutely no match for Crookston. I predict a 30-40 point Crookston win.

I think Crookston wins by more than 40. How did you know that due to a scheduling conflict, Shanley is sending their sophomore team?

:lol: Crookston is very good, but Shanley will be just fine... I say Crookston by 10. Without Molly, there isnt a gaurd with experience to help Jackson offensively...Defensively, shanley will struggle to contain Crookstons guards especially Whalin but the posts will definately hold their own.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:40 am

Shanley could win this game but they need guard play. Without it, they'll be done. BTW real deal, how'd Crookston's trip to Mandan this summer turn out? :roll: jk. I know it was only summer.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:56 pm

Deuce wrote:Shanley could win this game but they need guard play. Without it, they'll be done. BTW real deal, how'd Crookston's trip to Mandan this summer turn out? :roll: jk. I know it was only summer.

What happened to Crookston at the Mandan trip this summer?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:55 pm

A change in how Minnesota basketball is being reffed. Any touch of the body when playing a driving player is supposed to be a foul. These were being called at the Staples game. A lot of fouls and a lot of players in foul trouble.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:44 am

EDC wrote:
Deuce wrote:Shanley could win this game but they need guard play. Without it, they'll be done. BTW real deal, how'd Crookston's trip to Mandan this summer turn out? :roll: jk. I know it was only summer.

What happened to Crookston at the Mandan trip this summer?

They got thumped pretty good. I was just giving real deal a little ribbing after all his posts last year about how ND girls bb stinks.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:58 pm

How did Shanley with their opener?
dgfsuperfan1

Postby HitManHoops » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:24 am

They played pretty well for a first game...I was impressed with the three posts and their ability to run the floor. As EDC said the calls were very close, no bar arming apparently so Paulson, Jackson, and Pollard were on the bench most of the first half due to foul trouble. JV did a pretty good job stepping in for them. Molly JAckson surprised in the guard spot, they won't be as weak in that area as others thought with Annie Jackson as the solid guard. Shanley won 65-38. Paulson 20 pts, Carew 12 pts, Pollard 11 pts

We'll see how they match up to a way better team when they play at Crookston on Thursday.
HitManHoops

Postby keeneye » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:32 pm

Way better is an understatement. Crookston is looking good and is deep. Should see a lot of different kids playing for Crookston on Thursday. :)
keeneye

Postby EDC » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:21 pm

Keeneye (the_real_deal )

If you were scouting Crookston what would be your report? Who are the players and what are their strengths and weaknesses? How does somebody beat Crookston? How does the newly enforced reffing effect the game? Thanks
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:22 pm

EDC wrote:Keeneye (the_real_deal )

If you were scouting Crookston what would be your report? Who are the players and what are their strengths and weaknesses? How does somebody beat Crookston? How does the newly enforced reffing effect the game? Thanks

Is the game in Crookston??
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HitManHoops » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:22 pm

Baller wrote:
EDC wrote:Keeneye (the_real_deal )

Is the game in Crookston??

Yes
HitManHoops

Postby keeneye » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:55 pm

How do you beat Crookston? Good question. Their starting 5 are extremely disciplined and unselfish as well as the next 4 or 5 off the bench. Wahlin is the real deal and will score from the dribble, the pull-up or the three. What they lack in height they more than make up for in the rest of their skills. It is almost impossible to take away their outside game as they are all excellent perimeter shooters as. They are very fast and can control the tempo of the game. This group of seniors has a lot of experience together and I believe they won all of their pacesetter state tournaments from 5th-9th grade.
keeneye

Postby the_real_deal » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:22 pm

Shanley is looking pretty good and I retract my earlier statement, I think Crookston might struggle with Shanley's height, a lot depends on Crookstons outside shooting. They have great shooters and shoot a ton of 3's a game, if they are on and get an early lead it will be tough for Shanley to beat them. I will say a close game throughout and Crookston wins by about 15.
the_real_deal

Postby Baller » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:40 pm

Just saw the score and Shanley beat Crookston by one...That is great... Congratulations to the Deacons. EDC, were you at the game? I can't wait to here the recap.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bruins44 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:22 am

Great win for Shanley, Channel 11 said that Wallen for Crookston didnt play? she had the flu. That had to really hurt the Pirates.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby soccer09 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:37 am

shanley 62-61.... if wallen didnt play then that hurt crookston but still a good win for shanley....... it also really undercuts all the people who said crookston would dominate, one player wouldn't lead to 30 points..... great job to Shanley. any reports on who played well for them?
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby keeneye » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:04 am

Obviously, you don't know much about Wahlin as she is averaging 25 pts per game. So there is your (roughly) 30 points difference. The way the refs were calling the game, and the style of Wahlin's play, her driving the lane would have drawn fouls all night. Shanley got lucky last night in that Wahlin was ill. Don't get me wrong, Shanley has a nice team but with all of Crookston's kids there, it would have been a much different outcome. :wink:
keeneye

Postby roughrider125 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:34 am

keeneye wrote:Obviously, you don't know much about Wahlin as she is averaging 25 pts per game. So there is your (roughly) 30 points difference. The way the refs were calling the game, and the style of Wahlin's play, her driving the lane would have drawn fouls all night. Shanley got lucky last night in that Wahlin was ill. Don't get me wrong, Shanley has a nice team but with all of Crookston's kids there, it would have been a much different outcome. :wink:

Even without Whalin Crookston's team is very good. Even if she would have been there no one knows what would have happened...last year Whalin had 5 points against Shanley and in this game it seemed the rest of her team were playing like they had something to prove... Shanley didn't even play very well only 4 players scored for them and i don't think they set up an offense the entire night. bottom line: W for Shanley L for Crookston
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:40 am

Everybody was disappointed Wahlin didn’t play. Crookston prides itself with its depth and it showed. Beat a very good Crookston team at Crookston. Don’t have to listen to smack all year about how much better MN bb is. Shanley’s seniors are playing like seniors should. Mature come to mind. They are doing things they haven’t done a whole lot of before like going hard to the basket or taking a few dribbles and shooting a jump shot - in other words they can create opportunities. Didn’t have trouble breaking the press. Once the younger players gain some experience and confidence Shanley will be tough.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HitManHoops » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:05 am

roughrider125 wrote:
keeneye wrote:Obviously, you don't know much about Wahlin as she is averaging 25 pts per game. So there is your (roughly) 30 points difference. The way the refs were calling the game, and the style of Wahlin's play, her driving the lane would have drawn fouls all night. Shanley got lucky last night in that Wahlin was ill. Don't get me wrong, Shanley has a nice team but with all of Crookston's kids there, it would have been a much different outcome. :wink:

Even without Whalin Crookston's team is very good. Even if she would have been there no one knows what would have happened...last year Whalin had 5 points against Shanley and in this game it seemed the rest of her team were playing like they had something to prove... Shanley didn't even play very well only 4 players scored for them and i don't think they set up an offense the entire night. bottom line: W for Shanley L for Crookston

Yikes.
HitManHoops

Postby EDC » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:57 pm

the_real_deal wrote:I have heard from some sources close to the Shanley program that things aren't looking good this year. It could be a long year for Shanley. I would be suprised if they have a winning record this year.

You must be surprised? But hey this is all in fun.

Devils Lake next then West Fargo is coming up and I expect at least the same point differential as the South/WF game.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:33 pm

Jacobson has once again proved everyone wrong...right now I put Shanley at the top of the EDC
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Girls