Shanley High

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bruins44 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:12 am

demonfan74 wrote:I don't think it would be a game at all.  Mandan is a team that you have to play more than once a year to learn from your mistakes.  They come out of the gates at full force and cause so many turnovers.  There would be a timeout called by the shanley coach in the first 45 seconds of the game just to settle his players down.  If that matchup happens, Shanley will get blown out of the water. 

I agree,  You can't simulate how Mandan attacks you in practice,  you might think you are ready for them and WOW what a difference when you actually play them,  this is a huge advantage for BHS and Century, because they will have played Mandan two or three times before State and they know how to play against them.   Look at last year, South beats Century in the semi's a team they played at Christmas then gets blown out vs Mandan in the Championship...Century would have given Mandan a much better game because of their previous experiences vs Mandan.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Strike3? » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:20 pm

ghetto*revival wrote:wow he is a genius i would have never thought that shanley would go as far as they have this is an outstanding group of girls and i cant wait for the "david vs. goliath" match up with shanley and mandan

That is if Mandan even plays Shanley....theres a good chance Shanley is gonna have to beat a team like Bismarck or Century just to get to Mandan....and both of those teams are tough.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Shanley High

Postby bballfan1 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:43 pm

I'm not a shanley person, but I've heard part of the reason Jacobson applied for the job with shanley was to get his daughter involved with coaching...from what i hear she will not be coaching this year. How long will he stay with shanley knowing that she won't be coaching with him? Will he stay just for this year until his seniors graduate...or will he stick it out til after the great freshman class graduates?
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_real_deal » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:09 pm

I have heard from some sources close to the Shanley program that things aren't looking good this year. It could be a long year for Shanley. I would be suprised if they have a winning record this year.
the_real_deal

Postby soccer09 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:11 pm

everyone said shanley was gonna struggle last year, and look what happened. they have seniors starting at all positions this year, with 3 extraordinary okayers in carew paulson and jackson..... and all the rest are quality. don't worry... it'll be fine
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:39 pm

soccer09 wrote:everyone said shanley was gonna struggle last year, and look what happened. they have seniors starting at all positions this year, with 3 extraordinary okayers in carew paulson and jackson..... and all the rest are quality. don't worry... it'll be fine

Thats because nobody knew they were going to get the senior player of the year to transfer in - I don't believe they have that transfer coming in this year unless the Deacons are keeping secrets! :) Coach J did a good job with them, but they wouldn't have been nearly the team they were without Schuler. They'll still do fine this year, but the east is a bad league again. south is good, maybe shanley, maybe red river, and maybe devils lake if privratsky scores 40 a game. shanley's posts are as good as anyones in the east, but they need someone to run the show - a good point guard is essential to have success against good teams - (i.e. at state tourney time) and i just don't think shanley has a proven point guard - i still think by the end of the year, their freshman pg will be their starter (if not sooner)
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan1 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:55 am

You really think Kenney will start over Jackson...who has 3 years of significant varsity experience?
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:39 am

bballfan1 wrote:You really think Kenney will start over Jackson...who has 3 years of significant varsity experience?

but 2 of those 3 years shanley was terrible, the one year they were good - shuler was their playmaker. yes i know, different coach, and that does make a huge difference. i have nothing against jackson -
i can see her and kenney playing together. jackson is a very good player - tough, hard-nosed, competetive, etc, but she's not a point guard. kenney is a natural point. i'm talking when things get competitive - not when shanley plays the bottom feeders of the league, of which there will be many, but when it gets down to crunch time such as qualifying for state or playing good teams at state, kenney will be doing the ball handling and running the show
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:57 am

the_real_deal wrote:I have heard from some sources close to the Shanley program that things aren't looking good this year. It could be a long year for Shanley. I would be suprised if they have a winning record this year.

Practice has not even started yet! I think "the real deal" is trying to stir it !! maybe he/she can explain
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:55 pm

I predict Shanley doesn't win a game in the freshman division this year - because it sounds like they won't have a freshman team. As far as other problems with Shanley this year, I too am curious as to what they are.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:44 am

soccer09 wrote:everyone said shanley was gonna struggle last year, and look what happened. they have seniors starting at all positions this year, with 3 extraordinary okayers in carew paulson and jackson..... and all the rest are quality. don't worry... it'll be fine

I'm just gonna point out that yours truly predicted their success last season.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:09 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:
bballfan1 wrote:You really think Kenney will start over Jackson...who has 3 years of significant varsity experience?

but 2 of those 3 years shanley was terrible, the one year they were good - shuler was their playmaker. yes i know, different coach, and that does make a huge difference. i have nothing against jackson -
i can see her and kenney playing together. jackson is a very good player - tough, hard-nosed, competetive, etc, but she's not a point guard. kenney is a natural point. i'm talking when things get competitive - not when shanley plays the bottom feeders of the league, of which there will be many, but when it gets down to crunch time such as qualifying for state or playing good teams at state, kenney will be doing the ball handling and running the show

Kenney is a good kid. She wil play varsity evendually she just has to learn how to take contact and not back down to bigger players. As the year goes on she will see varsity time; however I don't think she will start at the point guard position as that spot is pretty much filled already.
Last edited by Carl08 on Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:25 pm

thats what makes athletes special - their off court persona doesn't have to be the same as her on court personality. why do i doubt that someone looking at a freshman would make her quiver in fear?
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby und52 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:29 pm

Kenney is still a baby
Jackson has proven that she will give her body up for the team
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:06 am

I agree, jackson is a great competitor - i think i've said that in many previous posts - saying one girl has the potential to be a very good player does NOT mean i think their other players are bad! shanley will be a very good team - their posts are as good or better than every other teams's posts in the east, and their guards, like jackson, play very hard, and they have a very good coach. that being said, i still see kenney playing major minutes by the end of the year, becasue she is a natural point guard. adding kenney to the mix doesn't take away from anyone already there - its just one more talent to put on the court
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby HitManHoops » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:45 pm

I honestly don't think kenney will be playing all that much... maybe by the end of the season but I dunno. Just my opinion.
HitManHoops

Postby bballfan1 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:35 pm

I think that jackson could even be an all-conference player this year from what i saw this summer in various summer games, kenney is not even in the same league. According to the EDC website jackson was 4th in the EDC in assists last year seems like a decent point guard to me
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:10 am

thats the fun of the season - all of these opinions will be shot down or verified :wink:
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby soccer09 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:23 am

haha..... i'll grant the stats arguments to those who put them up, but what i find funny is that many of the people trying to say why one is better is they try to go against kenney.... the person you think is better should be better without stupid comments like "she quivers when i look at her" or "she is a baby."
when she's on the court, she takes it to people and doesnt back off......if you've seen her play you'll know what i'm talking about, she absolutely terrorized girls last year. true, it is a higher division, and it's gonna take time, but kenney is for real, and for all those who think she won't be playing major minutes please show me the astounding depth at point guard, because i'm not seeing it....
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:42 am

You don't need to make make a point of how good somebody is by putting somebody else down. Shanley will have a good mix of talent. This includes some juniors that nobody is mentioning. I see a depth issue but I think the coaches will handle it and hopefully all the bases will be covered. Thing about Kenney - she is very intense and a winner. If not this year then next year for her. Scared is not a word that comes to my mind when her name is mentioned. I don't see any controversy between her and Jackson. Jackson is the leader and her spot is secure.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:50 pm

As a causual obsever of FM sports, it appears that there is only one EDC girls basketball team and everyone on this site have already awarded the crown to Shanley. Are there any other teams?
dgfsuperfan1

Postby HitManHoops » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:11 pm

Haha well this is a shanley group... but yeah I think south and red river would be with shanley. Can't count out dl, but I guess i'm not really sure what they're gonna do this year.
HitManHoops

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:40 pm

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:As a causual obsever of FM sports, it appears that there is only one EDC girls basketball team and everyone on this site have already awarded the crown to Shanley. Are there any other teams?

Miss Hoopster preseason prediction (for what its worth) for the East:
1. Fargo South (oh yeah, them)
2. Shanley (good team)
3. Red River (everyone back from last year - almost)
4. Devils Lake (ashley - nuff said)
5. West Fargo (giant question marks)
6. Wahpeton (one good player)
7. Central (new coach, transfers?)
8. Fargo North (young)
9. Valley City (could be a long year)
I believe this will change a litle bit - apparently if other posts here are to be believed, Vanessa Riski transferred to Central so they would be better, since she's an all-conf player, they'd probably jump ahead of wahpeton and maybe wf.
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:02 am

Sounds like Brenner got a concussion hitting the floor the last match of the state volleyball tournament. Tough break as this comes after having to sit out last year with a bad shoulder. Shanley needs her to be successful this year.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:20 am

EDC wrote:Sounds like Brenner got a concussion hitting the floor the last match of the state volleyball tournament. Tough break as this comes after having to sit out last year with a bad shoulder. Shanley needs her to be successful this year.

How is she doing now? I hope everything is ok and she will be able to play?
dgfsuperfan1

PreviousNext

Return to Girls