Shanley High

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Shanley High

Postby Baller » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:40 pm

soccer09 wrote:i just heard shanley lost by 1 to red river.... any confirmation on this? if this is true their in serious trouble........ their chances of doing well seem to be vanishing. the word underachieving has to come to mind....

I think 3 losses is far from underachieving. they will be just fine come tournament time. I still think South and Shanley are the teams to beat in the EDC.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GOOD OF THE TEAM » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:06 am

Reading the box score, it looked like a good close game. Noticed Red River shot nine more free throws than Shanley (making six more than Shanley), with Shanley having more fouls...17 to 9. Also saw Red River out rebounded Shanley 44 to 35. Not sure how that happens with Shanley's big girls. Very few turnovers for both teams. Anyone have a report from the game?
GOOD OF THE TEAM

Postby HitManHoops » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:48 pm

Shanley beats moorhead by about 13... Jackson was sick and didn't play. Impressive win.
HitManHoops

Postby soccer09 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:11 am

shanley's game tonight was huge......extremely impressive win. if shanley is at their best, i dont think anyone in the east can hang..... it's just a matter of playing their best in the EDC tournament. moorhead is a very good team, and that makes 2 impressive minnesota teams shanleys beat.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby GOOD OF THE TEAM » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:46 pm

Shanley beats North by 19 tonight. They will play again the first round of the EDC?
GOOD OF THE TEAM

Postby shs01240 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:44 pm

I just wanna say congrats to Mara Paulson on East Region player of the year.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:17 pm

shs01240 wrote:I just wanna say congrats to Mara Paulson on East Region player of the year.

She should be Miss Basketball. If she does not ge it, the whole system is skewed against the EDC.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby the_real_deal » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:39 pm

Best of Luck to Shanley at the State Tournament, I hope they win it. If you remember SHS beat Crookston back at the start of the year, that is still Crookston's only loss of the year, as they are something like 25-1 and they just got out of a very tough Sub-Section when they had to beat Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton and East Grand Forks, after EGF knocked out Hawley. Does anyone here still believe SHS would've beaten Crookston with their D-1 recruit Wahlin playing, she has been unbelievable when the pressure has been on in the playoffs, it is very tough to get to state in their Section and Wahlin makes the whole team go, one of the bette players this area has seen in years, makes the whole team go. Crookston averages over 84 points a game. They pounded Red River by 30 and lead by 44 at one point early in the 2nd half, anyways just was revisiting this topic, any thoughts, Good luck to Shanley and the rest of the team
the_real_deal

Postby thetruthhurtsyou » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:38 am

mara paulson somehow didnt even make finals.... i couldnt argue against a few other players winning the award, but mara definitely should have been one of the finalists......great season.

congrats to shanley for beating minot.... pulll the upset tomorrow (fingers crossed) good luck!
thetruthhurtsyou

Postby 2008tournement » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:16 pm

Congratulations to the Deacons for a great season and a fourth place finish at state. It has been fun watching you play this year and good luck to the seniors in their college careers.
2008tournement

Postby grlsbballfan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:21 pm

Shanley did have a very impressive season this year.How are they going to be next season due to graduating 5 or 6 seniors
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby thetruthhurtsyou » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:53 pm

younger, smaller, faster
thetruthhurtsyou

Postby sportsguruguy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:53 pm

thetruthhurtsyou wrote:younger, smaller, faster

are they going to be able to compete for the edc title next year
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:15 pm

Just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed watching the Shanley girls this year. A bunch of hardworking ladies that don't complain a lot, just go about their business of diving for loose balls. Young with no height but a ton of heart. Because of numbers, it's hard for Shanley to challenge for the title every year. The girls know what they are up against but they show up and play! Keep up the hard work Deacons and you can make it to the state tournament!
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:50 am

True...they will be tough come tournament time
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Carl08 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:08 am

Shanley lost a lot of seniors last year but they have put together a decent season with 7 wins. Is there any chance they make it to the state tournament this year?
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby whateverittakes » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:45 am

Carl08 wrote:Shanley lost a lot of seniors last year but they have put together a decent season with 7 wins. Is there any chance they make it to the state tournament this year?

Not a chance sorry
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby whateverittakes » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:19 am

whateverittakes wrote:
Carl08 wrote:Shanley lost a lot of seniors last year but they have put together a decent season with 7 wins. Is there any chance they make it to the state tournament this year?

Not a chance sorry

O sorry i thought we were talking about the boys and they have no chance but the girls have a solid chance to put on a run and make it to the state tournament everyone will have to step up though
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby bismarckballer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:21 pm

Century High School definitely has the best junior class in the state.
bismarckballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsguruguy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:07 am

bismarckballer wrote:Century High School definitely has the best junior class in the state.

What are you talking about?
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Girls