Mandan or the field?

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby SDHoops » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:38 pm

I'm just wondering who everyone thinks has a chance at beating Mandan...looks like they might have a test in Campbell County (Wyoming)...they look good otherwise...can they be considered for Regional maybe even National rankings?
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:13 pm

i would consider them for regional ranking
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby bruins44 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:03 pm

SDHoops wrote:I'm just wondering who everyone thinks has a chance at beating Mandan...looks like they might have a test in Campbell County (Wyoming)...they look good otherwise...can they be considered for Regional maybe even National rankings?

Mandan has a good chance to go undefeated again in ND, they will be tested at the christmans tournament in Wyoming, I hear thats a great tourney...  I think the best teams from ND can compete with alot of states good teams. and Mandan has competed very well at big summer tournaments in Vegas, San Diego, Wisconsin etc...we can be proud of our girls basketball in ND, the brand of basketball is top notch!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:17 pm

bruins44 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:I'm just wondering who everyone thinks has a chance at beating Mandan...looks like they might have a test in Campbell County (Wyoming)...they look good otherwise...can they be considered for Regional maybe even National rankings?

Mandan has a good chance to go undefeated again in ND, they will be tested at the christmans tournament in Wyoming, I hear thats a great tourney...  I think the best teams from ND can compete with alot of states good teams. and Mandan has competed very well at big summer tournaments in Vegas, San Diego, Wisconsin etc...we can be proud of our girls basketball in ND, the brand of basketball is top notch!

AGREED in mo opinion the only decent competition mandan should have will be CHS and upsets happen i think their only loss last year was to CHS twice but not too sure
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hi Rizer » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:13 am

Im saying mandan takes it all again since they got the new girl from four winds, Marley, Finlee... she was great at fourwinds and she still will be at mandan... This year will be devils lakes best season but im not saying they have a chance at contesting mandan but i heard shanley might be able too
Hi Rizer

Postby justbecause » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:17 am

I'm going with CHS all the way this year.  They are returning all key players to the game.  I believe "Andrea Lafrance" and "Courtney Fettig" will take the game to the next level!  Mandan better be ready!

I also agree with Devils Lake being a threat in the East!  Should make for a very interesting year.
justbecause
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:48 am

justbecause wrote:I'm going with CHS all the way this year.  They are returning all key players to the game.  I believe "Andrea Lafrance" and "Courtney Fettig" will take the game to the next level!  Mandan better be ready!

I also agree with Devils Lake being a threat in the East!  Should make for a very interesting year.

Wasnt Hatti Ternes a key player to that team??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Deuce » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:41 am

Hatti was definitely a key player.  I think she was high scorer for Century in each of the games they played against Mandan in the regular season.  I think she had 5 3's in each.  She scored 14 points the 4th quarter when Century beat Mandan.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justbecause » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:43 am

With Hatti's absence, I feel "Jossart, and Kuntz" will do a great job scoring this season.  Hatti did set a 3 point school record, however one should look at how many times she attempted a 3 pointer.  During critical times when points matter, for example the semi-final state tournament game, that was on tv, I recall Hatti having a hard time making any 3 pointer, and those misses were critical to that game, where Fargo South took full advantage of.  I feel this year Century will have safer options for scoring, and scoring tactics they can count on.  Don't get me wrong Hatti was a great player, I'm just saying "Jossart, and Kuntz will do just fine filling her shoes."

Also remind you from CHS, "Lafrance" & "Fettig" made the WDA All-Tournament team.  Both players returning this year.  Look for a strong performance each time from these two. 

justbecause
NDPreps Reserve

Postby magic715 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:10 pm

Didnt know the best topic to put this under, but heard from a pretty decent source that Roemmich wants to play for Mandan, if her dad can swing it.
magic715

Postby whos on first » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:40 pm

tonight #2 bismarck beat jamestown by only 3 points and #3 century beat minot only by 6... and mandan easily beat both of those teams so at this point mandan has to be the heavy favorite going into state... but we will see how mandan handles the hype of and pressure down the stretch
whos on first

Postby UND#1 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:01 pm

Mandan in a land slide.  They dominated #2 BHS.  I can see the games during state being complete blowouts.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby REbound » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:49 am

Remember when it comes to tournament time all teams are even.  Yes it looks like Mandan has it locked up on paper.  The final line is Mandan needs to show up and play hard.  The coaches will get them to perform at that level.  Their coaches are very good and knowledgable.  I've seen what they do during the games.  All coaches have their roles on the team and they do them very well.  That is why Mandan is a great team.
REbound
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Girls