Ashley Privatsky

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bruins44 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:33 am

Ashley Privatsky is the best player in the EDC!! bar none!! I dont think she has had a bad game all year...  Tuesday night vs South, everytime South made a run she hit a three or made a great pass for a layup... she also plays great defense. She is the EDCs MVP!   Take her off DLs team and they are a .500 team.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:54 am

bruins44 wrote:Ashley Privatsky is the best player in the EDC!! bar none!! I dont think she has had a bad game all year...  Tuesday night vs South, everytime South made a run she hit a three or made a great pass for a layup... she also plays great defense. She is the EDCs MVP!   Take her off DLs team and they are a .500 team.

I concurr...although I have seen her play a bad game and that was DL loss at Shanley....part of the reason why it was loss, but wow if that is her only bad game of the year that is pretty awesome.

What impresses me so much is that she is a 51% shooter on the season and that is a great percentage for a guard that shoots as much as she does.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby UND9296 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:15 am

For any Devils Lake fans--do you know who is recruiting Privatsky? Has anybody seen Gene Roebuck at a Devils Lake game? There's a pretty good history of Devils Lake girls basketball players going to UND, most notably Durene Heisler, but also Sandi Walford, Colleen Chaske, Darcy Deutsch and Sara Cofer.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:26 am

I haven't seen anyone other than Duane Schwab at the girls games but I am sure others have been as well.  I wouldn't be surprised to see her go to UND.  I would really like to see her and Kamille Whalin (sp) go head to head again, I heard Iowa had scouts at her game last nite.  I do remember them playing in GF when they were both freshman starters.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UND9296 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:29 am

WildWarrior wrote:I haven't seen anyone other than Duane Schwab at the girls games but I am sure others have been as well.  I wouldn't be surprised to see her go to UND.  I would really like to see her and Kamille Whalin (sp) go head to head again, I heard Iowa had scouts at her game last nite.  I do remember them playing in GF when they were both freshman starters.
I also have been wondering for some time about the Wahlin-Privatsky comparison. Wahlin seems to get so much more notoriety, and you hear about major conference dI schools recruiting her, but I have a hard time believing she's much, if any better than Privatsky.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:31 am

I have seen both play,  in my opinion Privatsky is better,  she can do everything!
Last edited by bruins44 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:13 am

I have seen UND, NDSU, UMARY and all the DAC schools at the games.  Those are just coaches that I recognize though.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 666 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:35 am

Does anyone think she is D-I material...possibly the gophers

Postby UND9296 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:42 am

666 wrote:Does anyone think she is D-I material...possibly the gophers

At this point, does anybody really want to play for the Gophers? Maybe if there's a coaching change. If not, that program is sinking like a rock.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby 666 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:47 am

UND9296 wrote:

At this point, does anybody really want to play for the Gophers? Maybe if there's a coaching change. If not, that program is sinking like a rock.

that is not a question of wanting it is a question of being capable of doing it.

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:54 am

That is what I was wondering when I was thinking about her and Wahlin.  I don't see any differences yet Wahlin has Big 10 teams looking at her.  Is it the state of Minnesota?  Summer exposure?  I don't get it.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:12 am

Isn't Wahlin's cousin Ashley Wahlin formerlly of the Gophers and now in the WNBA?

It probably helps having a famous cousin that has proven herself.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby UND9296 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:42 am

666 wrote:
UND9296 wrote:

that is not a question of wanting it is a question of being capable of doing it.

At least as the Minnesota program stands right now, yes, there's no question Privatsky could play there. So then the question of whether she would even want to comes into play. NDSU is doing quite poorly this year, and even they beat the Gophers. A lot of people say NDSU only has two or maybe three legit players, so what does that tell you about the state of Minnesota's program?
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:59 pm

Last edited by EDC on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stromer » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:05 pm

UND9296 wrote:
666 wrote:that is not a question of wanting it is a question of being capable of doing it.

At least as the Minnesota program stands right now, yes, there's no question Privatsky could play there. So then the question of whether she would even want to comes into play. NDSU is doing quite poorly this year, and even they beat the Gophers. A lot of people say NDSU only has two or maybe three legit players, so what does that tell you about the state of Minnesota's program?

I totally agree.  NDSU and SDSU both beat the gophers this year.  That program is in shambles.  I think she will be looked at by NDSU, UND and U of M and possibly others.  Out of that list I mentioned, UND easily is the best option for her.  They prob. have the most talent of any school in the tri state region.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the_real_deal » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:38 pm

I think overall Wahlin is a much better player, she is getting looked at by much bigger colleges, Notre Dame has entered the picture now and is in the running.  She is playing with the best girls AAU team from Minnesota this summer, so that will be interesting to see if she gets noticed by the best of the best, cause she has always just played with her teammates and never on these AAU teams, she is probaly the best girls PG this area has seen in 20 years.  I wouldn't be suprised if the really big programs come after her after this summer, like Texas, UNC, UConn, but already Iowa st, Iowa, Kansas, Purdue, UND, NDSU, Louisville have all been at games this year. Privatsky would be gret for UND cause no way Wahlin is going there.  And she is Wahlin, not Whalen like the Gophers, they are not related buddy
Last edited by the_real_deal on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_real_deal

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:52 pm

No one has answered my question though, what makes Wahlin better overall, stats i think are very similar.  Privatsky has won two head to head matchups.  Is it that Wahlin is from Minnesota??
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the_real_deal » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:04 pm

I think the college coaches can evaluate next level talent and it looks like they like Wahlin about 10x more. Enough Said
the_real_deal

Postby DeuceTrey » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:23 pm

the_real_deal wrote:I think the college coaches can evaluate next level talent and it looks like they like Wahlin about 10x more. Enough Said

who is Wahlin, and where is she from?
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WildWarrior » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:57 am

the_real_deal wrote:I think the college coaches can evaluate next level talent and it looks like they like Wahlin about 10x more. Enough Said

I would sure like to see the formula used to come up with that number.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WildWarrior » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:59 am

DeuceTrey wrote:

who is Wahlin, and where is she from?

Jr. point guard from Crookston.  Her and Ashley both started as freshman and faced of against each other as freshman and sophomores.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UND9296 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:54 am

the_real_deal wrote:I think overall Wahlin is a much better player, she is getting looked at by much bigger colleges, Notre Dame has entered the picture now and is in the running.  She is playing with the best girls AAU team from Minnesota this summer, so that will be interesting to see if she gets noticed by the best of the best, cause she has always just played with her teammates and never on these AAU teams, she is probaly the best girls PG this area has seen in 20 years.  I wouldn't be suprised if the really big programs come after her after this summer, like Texas, UNC, UConn, but already Iowa st, Iowa, Kansas, Purdue, UND, NDSU, Louisville have all been at games this year. Privatsky would be gret for UND cause no way Wahlin is going there.  And she is Wahlin, not Whalen like the Gophers, they are not related buddy

While Wahlin almost certainly is good enough to play at a high-major dI program, I wouldn't assume anything yet with regard to her ruling out playing close to home. Some people just don't want to go to school so far away that his/her family wouldn't be able to realistically attend many games. A good example at UND right now is Kierah Kimbrough from Greenbush, Minnesota. She was offered by many Big 10 and Big 12 schools (Iowa State, Northwestern, Kansas, etc.) but chose to stay close to home. She'd easily start, and probably be the best play at Minnesota had she gone there. IF Wahlin decides she would like to play near home, UND has a great shot as her brother plays football for the Sioux, at least one of her sisters currrently attends UND, and her high school coach for the first three years of her varsity career was current UND assistant football coach Eric Schmidt. With that said, if I were Gene Roebuck, I certainly wouldn't wait around for her to make a decision if Privatsky were willing commit this summer.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan1 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:14 am

Well said UND9296.
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Diamond D » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:44 am

If UND is making the transition to D1, why would it be in Ashley's best interest to attend there?

Many of the top DVL girls attended Lake Region State before heading off to UND as well.   Rumor around here is Schwab has committments from three DVL players right now to come to LRSC next fall.  Last year two of the Lady Royals starters went onto D1 schools (Schafer to Northern Arizona who beat NDSU on Nov. 19th and the other was Mercer to U of Montana).  

Ashley still has another year of school left.  At the junior status, how many other avenues will open up?   We have our current Ms. Basketball down in Kansas and the Mandan girl heading to New Mexico to name only a couple.  Don't we have another over in Wisconsin somewhere?

There are some great programs out there for Ashley to choose from.  I would hope she would stay in state, but with an entire senior year ahead of her, it might be too early to pick a college for her.

Just my humble opinion.
Last edited by Diamond D on Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond D

Postby WildWarrior » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:48 am

Diamond D wrote: 

If UND is making the transition to D1, why would it be in Ashley's best interest to attend there?

Many of the top DVL girls attended Lake Region State before heading off to UND as well.   Rumor around here is Schwab has committments from three DVL players right now to come to LRSC next fall.  Last year two of the Lady Royals starters went onto D1 schools (Schafer to Northern Arizona who beat NDSU on Nov. 19th and the other was Mercer to U of Montana).  

Ashley still has another year of school left.  At the junior status, how many other avenues will open up?   We have our current Ms. Basketball down in Kansas and the Mandan girl heading to New Mexico to name only a couple.  Don't we have another over in Wisconsin somewhere?

There are some great programs out there for Ashley to choose from.  I would hope she would stay in state, but with an entire senior year ahead of her, it might be too early to pick a college for her.

Just my humble opinion.
Very well put, I would like to see her get some exposure this summer just to see who out there is interested.  I sure wouldn't rush into a decision.  Some Jrs have given verbal committments.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Girls