WDA 2011-2012 Preseason Predictions

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

WDA 2011-2012 Preseason Predictions

Postby balla45 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:40 am

1. Mandan - Return the best point guard in the state, along with every major contributer from last season.
2. Century - Maund and Fraase should form a formidable backcourt. Look for sophomore Tyler Rudolph to surprise people from deep.
3. Bismarck - Losing Liggins will hurt. Expect a very big year from Werner.
4. Jamestown - They return everyone.
5. Minot - Adams, Mackey, and Gerding are solid players. Good coaching may take them to state.
6. Saint Mary's - They have a very talented sophomore class.
7. Turtle Mountain - Ree and Knife should be a solid backcourt duo.
8. Dickinson - They lose every contributer other than Kessel and Parker.
9. Williston - They may get a few wins here or there.

All Conference
Devin Coyle, Aaron Janz, Erron Collins, Andre Maund, Tom Fraase, Devin Schirado, Dexter Werner, Jaxon Fitterer, Danny Fischer, Jordan Thoreson, Dustin Adams, Kyle Gerding, Ben Weisbeck, Jesse Kessel, Cory Vinger.

First Team All State

Dexter Werner
Devin Coyle
Mack Arvidson
AJ Jacobson
Tom Fraase
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: WDA 2011-2012 Preseason Predictions

Postby MoSiouxFan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:23 am

balla45 wrote:1. Mandan - Return the best point guard in the state, along with every major contributer from last season.
2. Century - Maund and Fraase should form a formidable backcourt. Look for sophomore Tyler Rudolph to surprise people from deep.
5. Minot - Adams, Mackey, and Gerding are solid players. Good coaching may take them to state.

All Conference
Devin Coyle, Aaron Janz, Erron Collins, Andre Maund, Tom Fraase, Devin Schirado, Dexter Werner, Jaxon Fitterer, Danny Fischer, Jordan Thoreson, Dustin Adams, Kyle Gerding, Ben Weisbeck, Jesse Kessel, Cory Vinger.

First Team All State

Dexter Werner
Devin Coyle
Mack Arvidson
AJ Jacobson
Tom Fraase

Who do you see on the Second Team All State?
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:10 pm

balla45 wrote:1. Mandan - Return the best point guard in the state, along with every major contributer from last season.

All Conference

First Team All State

Dexter Werner
Devin Coyle
Mack Arvidson
AJ Jacobson
Tom Fraase

I think Bismarck and Century will be switched and Belcourt and St. Mary's but both will be every close.

This will be Jamestown year for being state bound w/coaching staff. Last year just missed going to state. IMO, they had a very good WDA.

It's gonna be interesting to watch Dickinson this year w/o Joe.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby T$$ » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 am

Balla45,

I would Rank as follows

1-2 Tie- Mandan and Bismarck
3-9 - Everyone Else

I disagree with you having CHS that high. They lost everyone. Mandan almost has too many scorers. It will be interesting to see if they can all get along (I think they will).

All Conference

First Team All State

Dexter Werner
Devin Coyle
Mack Arvidson
AJ Jacobson
Tom Fraase
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:28 pm

I do not think Mandan and Bismarck are equal. Bismarck does have a very deep junior class.
Mandan does not have too many scorers. They have 1-3 in Coyle, Collins, and Janz. I do not think anyone else will approach a double figure average.
Century returns Fraase, who I think is the third best player in the WDA. Maund is a 4 year varsity point guard with experience. Rudolph is good. Mattern's bigs do not need to do anything other than rebound and push. They will be fine.

I do not understand how you would group the other 7 teams together. I do not think Jamestown will struggle with Williston, for example.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:23 pm

Let me re-clarify my statement.

1. Mandan (slightly better than BHS)- however BHS can beat them
2. BHS (I feel Mandan and BHS are FAR better than everyone, kind of like 2 years ago)

3-9 - I don't know enough about any of these teams. I do know Minot's Junior Class has some good players. I just don't see CHS being able to beat Mandan or Bismarck but they are probably a lot better than the bottom Third.

Mandan could be in for an interesting year. I hope they don't fall into the same trap as Dickinson did this year. They have dominated their age group since they were young, but eventually others catch up. Collins could be the difference maker as he is the best Junior in the West. BHS's Junior class will also be interesting to follow. They have several athletes, and Jollife was a surprise at the end of the year last year.

Why do you think CHS can compete with them?
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Darin Mattern's enthusiasm.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:30 pm

balla45 wrote:Darin Mattern's enthusiasm.

Mattern, Miller, and Horner are all a "wash" in the coaching category. This year Century does not have the TALENT that Mandan and BHS do.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:43 pm

I will take hard work over talent any day of the week.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:49 pm

balla45 wrote:I will take hard work over talent any day of the week.

Talent comes in handy a few days of the week tho.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby T$$ » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:16 pm

Baller- Do you really think Mattern pushes harder than Miller and Horner? I think they all have basically the exact same philosophy. You may have some inside knowledge that I don't, but I am guessing those 3 programs are almost identical. Do me a favor- since you are more in the loop and know all 3 starting 5's, rank all these players 1 through 15. I am guessing Century's would be near the bottom.
I have listed mine below but don't know enough about the players.
1-tie- Coyle
1-tie- Werner
1-tie. Fraase
4. Janz
5. Schirado
6. Collins
7. Westbee
8. Fitterer
9. Marcelais (so for example Mandan has 5 of the top 9 players in my opinion)
10. Maund
11- 15 Unknown for now
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:53 pm

Century has the most strenuous offseason in the WDA. I know that Bismarck and Mandan have a lot of kids in summer baseball, and they are not able to play as much basketball in the summer.

I think after Coyle, Werner, Fraase, and Janz, the remaining players could be put in a lot of different orders and it would be tough to say who is correct. I think Collins is better than Schirado. I think Century's Rudolph may work his way in to this list. I think Maund is higher than 10. Despite what I think, the games have to be played.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:30 pm

Good post. I think Schirado and Collins will have huge years. I still don't think CHS has the talent this year.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mandanballa22 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:58 am

I dont see anyone who can stop coyle this year. Just to physical and strong for any guards and to quick for any bigger player . Hinting toward what century did to farkas last year.
Mandanballa22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Mandanballa22 wrote:I dont see anyone who can stop coyle this year. Just to physical and strong for any guards and to quick for any bigger player . Hinting toward what century did to farkas last year.

The only one I see coming close is Maund in the WDA. I would say with his quickness he can stay up with Coyle.
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:05 pm

T$$ wrote:Good post. I think Schirado and Collins will have huge years. I still don't think CHS has the talent this year.

Don't sale Century short, Mattern will have his team ready to play very physical ball again come season start. Who ever takes Century lightly, will have a long night.
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby T$$ » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:22 pm

This is century's worst team in the last 4 years. They are an average team in a year that bhs and mandan are exceptional and most of the other teams are not very good.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys