Best Athletes in the State this year

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Best Athletes in the State this year

Postby stixforever » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:27 am

Last year it was safe to say that Savageau was the best athlete in the state, I'm just interested to see whats everyones thoughts are for this year? I'm not very up to date with the teams from the west..
stixforever
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Best Athletes in the State this year

Postby whateverittakes » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:44 am

stixforever wrote:Last year it was safe to say that Savageau was the best athlete in the state, I'm just interested to see whats everyones thoughts are for this year? I'm not very up to date with the teams from the west..

Jon Pistorius for west fargo
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:46 am

West.

Liggins and Hanstad are far and away the most athletic players in the WDA. Coyle, Moody, Janz, Ledger, and Wentz would have to be my next 5. I like Obritsch and Weisbeck from Saint Mary's from the athletic standpoint. I also think Maund from Century is very athletic, as is Schirado from Bismarck. Steinwand from Minot is an athlete. I could be forgetting some.

On the EDC. Arvidson and Okland stand out to me. You could almost say Fargo South's entire team is incredibly athletic, with the acception of Parker.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby whateverittakes » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 am

balla45 wrote:West.

Liggins and Hanstad are far and away the most athletic players in the WDA. Coyle, Moody, Janz, Ledger, and Wentz would have to be my next 5. I like Obritsch and Weisbeck from Saint Mary's from the athletic standpoint. I also think Maund from Century is very athletic, as is Schirado from Bismarck. Steinwand from Minot is an athlete. I could be forgetting some.

On the EDC. Arvidson and Okland stand out to me. You could almost say Fargo South's entire team is incredibly athletic, with the acception of Parker.

So Balla45 who do you think will make it to state this year east and west . . what about some state tournament predictions
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby stixforever » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:20 pm

I agree with you that south has alot of athletic players along with probably the two most athletic big men in the whole state. Deng and Okland. I've heard that they both have some amazing dunks
stixforever
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:14 pm

whateverittakes wrote:

So Balla45 who do you think will make it to state this year east and west . . what about some state tournament predictions

WDA.

Bismarck, Century, Mandan, Dickinson.

EDC.

Shanley, North, South, West.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:15 pm

Liggins with a monster 2 handed poster over Dustin Adams today.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby teamramrod » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:33 am

Gabe Deng had sickest dunk Tuesday against Red River http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju-krwBk-24, also had a pretty nasty one tonight against Shanley
teamramrod
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hardcharger » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:36 pm

teamramrod wrote:Gabe Deng had sickest dunk Tuesday against Red River http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju-krwBk-24, also had a pretty nasty one tonight against Shanley

you can have all the sick dunks you want, but the didnt do jack at state
hardcharger
NDPreps Starter

Postby hardcharger » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:39 pm

souths team is so athletic that they got smoked at state!
hardcharger
NDPreps Starter

Postby hardcharger » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:42 pm

stixforever wrote:Last year it was safe to say that Savageau was the best athlete in the state, I'm just interested to see whats everyones thoughts are for this year? I'm not very up to date with the teams from the west..

yeah hes so athletic that he got his butt kicked out if sioux falls
hardcharger
NDPreps Starter

Postby teamramrod » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:57 am

hardcharger wrote:

savy transfered to msum for personal reasons, he didnt get kicked out of sioux falls so get your facts straight buddy
teamramrod
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hardcharger » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:14 am

teamramrod wrote:
hardcharger wrote:

savy transfered to msum for personal reasons, he didnt get kicked out of sioux falls so get your facts straight buddy

i wonder what SAVYS personal reason will be when he gets kicked out of moorhead state.
hardcharger
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:21 am

He did not get kicked out of Sioux Falls. Don't spread rumors.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:28 am

balla45 wrote:
whateverittakes wrote:

WDA
Bismarck, Century, Mandan, Dickinson.

EDC
Shanley, North, South, West.

I'd have to say...you were pretty darn close on these predictions...only one wrong of the eight.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby T$$ » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:29 am

If the topic is best athletes it is easily Liggins and Wentz. Talmadge is also a beast but I think he lost interest in bb after his sophmore year. I would include Coyle and Hanstad in the conversation.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby LuckyIam » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:10 pm

JR Gunville and Kyrell Parisien are are some of the better athletes from the west.
LuckyIam
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Highriser » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:13 am

hardcharger wrote:

hardcharger you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. he did leave for personal reasons so dont try to start stuff on here... and it is safe to say he was the most athletic kid in the state. You need to stop bashing on him
Highriser
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Baseball1000 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:16 pm

hardcharger, you don't have to post 3 posts saying the same thing.

And it was really fun watching South this year with all their athletes. I would say Arvidson is the best athlete from the east.
Baseball1000
NDPreps Reserve

Postby anyballgame45 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:32 pm

I would tend to agree Arvigson is hard to hold down. My opinion he was more important to RR than any one of the South Athletes were to South.
anyballgame45
NDPreps Starter

Postby baloncesto » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:30 pm

I have seen Hanstad play twice and i would have to say he is the best overall athlete by far. He has good leaping ability, speed, and good body control
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:54 pm

balla--many athletic kids played in this year's state tournament. Three first team all-state football players were starters on their basketball teams--Wentz, Okland, and Parker. Tough to say Parker isn't very athletic when he was a two way starter (and all stater) on a state championship football team, and averaged the most minutes on the South basketball team. I would have to say that just the opposite is true of your quote regarding Parker---just sayin.....
ndfbfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:09 pm

He has never struck me as athletic. Maybe he is in football. I have always seen him as a shooter, not a run by you, dunk on you type of athlete.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby PeopleRTalkin » Mon May 16, 2011 12:13 pm

On the EDC. Arvidson and Okland stand out to me. You could almost say [b]Fargo South's entire team is incredibly athletic, with the acception of Parker.[/b]

Agreed taylor poss is a outside threat to be called in..... watch out for him setting records and taking names
PeopleRTalkin
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys