WDA Tournament

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

WDA Tournament

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Game 1. Century obliterates Belcourt. I think this is the best way to describe it. Wire to wire, this was not a game.

Game 2. Mandan squeaks out a win against Dickinson on a Seth Westby lay up. Joe Hanstad plays at about 80% and goes for 26 points, 10-10 from the line. Kessel had a big second half to get Dickinson back in it. Aaron Janz hit 2 big threes to help Mandan hold off the Dickinson run. Coyle lead Mandan with 17.

Game 3. Bismarck had Jamestown on lock the entire game. Werner was contained for a short time in the first half by Willer, but eventually overcame him. Fisher was solid. Schirado continued his impressive play with 16 points, including a very difficult turn around three at the end of the first half. Liggins was solid defensively.

Game 4. MInot dominated this game in every aspect. Steinwand did a great job at the point. Adams dominated in the paint. Austin Frank hit 6 threes off the bench and finished with 21 points.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: WDA Tournament

Postby T$$ » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:26 pm

I give Mandan a great chance for the upset over CHS. I also think BHS will beat Minot. I hope Hanstad goes for 50 or 60 and they get to state so he can break the scoring record. Congrats to Century and Mandan as they both secured State births wiith their wins. BHS, Minot, and Dix are in a battle for the last 2 spots.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:31 am

I see Mandan/Century being very close. I also see Bismarck/Minot being very close. I am definitely excited for some games that will not be predictable.

I see Dickinson making state. Hanstad will be much better on Saturday than he was today, which makes their team much more deadly. It would be a fitting end to a great career to see him break the scoring record.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:40 am

Agreed balla. I know your too smart to put undo pressure on Mandan but in a close game (which it will be) one the big stage the group of Mandan kids will make plays and Century will freeze up. The only one who might be the X factor is Wentz. I think BHS and Minot are even but Demons are very tough at home. That game is either close or a BHS win by 10 plus.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:35 am

T$$ wrote:I give Mandan a great chance for the upset over CHS. I also think BHS will beat Minot. I hope Hanstad goes for 50 or 60 and they get to state so he can break the scoring record. Congrats to Century and Mandan as they both secured State births wiith their wins. BHS, Minot, and Dix are in a battle for the last 2 spots.

How did Century and Mandan both secure state births? Doesn't the loser of CHS-Mandan still have to beat the winner of Jamestown-St.Mary's?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:23 am

T$$ is assuming that the loser of Century/Mandan will beat the winner of Jamestown/Saint Mary's.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:02 am

balla45 wrote:T$$ is assuming that the loser of Century/Mandan will beat the winner of Jamestown/Saint Mary's.

Fair enough, I guess. My guesses are: Century over Mandan by 10+, and Minot over BHS. Between Mandan, BHS, and Dickinson....a good team will stay home. I would guess Dickinson. They missed a big opportunity in the 1st round.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby babyjames236 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:44 am

Jamestown is playing Mandan for a spot in state and im not saying jamestown is gonna win but jamestown lost to mandan by one in overtime when they played this year... taking into consideration jamestown doesnt choke in WDA like they usually do, even tho they got their first WDA tourney win in about 5-6 years
Left hand, right hand, it doesn’t matter. I’m amphibious.
babyjames236
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Sounds like a great game between Jamestown and mandan
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby babyjames236 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:19 pm

jamestown played great against mandan but lost in double OT to them. i dont know any stats yet but i know fischer and coyle were putting on a show.
babyjames236
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:51 pm

Mandan/Jamestown.

Fisher with 25 points and 5 threes. Thoreson was big with 21. Willer also solid defensively. Coyle kept Mandan in it with his 38 points and 12 rebounds. Janz was big with 13 points. Collins was also big today, with 13 points, including 10 in overtime, along with 2 steals.

Fisher is a competitor. Jamestown should be good next year if they play with that level of intensity.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby babyjames236 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:13 am

jamestown only loses 4 seniors all which 2/3 would start at times but in WDA 2 started. they are going to have a class of 14 seniors (next year) and now that all of them know what it feels like to be so close to state next year wont be the same.
babyjames236
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:09 pm

I would be suprised to see any coach keep 14 seniors. I do agree though. Jamestown will have a solid squad to build on next year. If Willer is able to provide some offense, I see this team being solid.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby babyjames236 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:05 pm

you obviously havent seen their sophmore team...non of them are good enough to even sit varsity next year
babyjames236
NDPreps Starter

Postby T$$ » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Jtown was impressive in the Mandan game. After watching Mandan for the first time this year they are exceptional on offense but not very good on defense. I don't think they can beat BHS or CHS after watching all 3 play live. If Mandan is in a close game they have mr.clutch in Coyle.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby babyjames236 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:05 am

o man is coyle clutch thats why i hate a close game with mandan because they will give the ball to coyle and you can almost garuntee cash money from anywhere.
babyjames236
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:13 am

babyjames236 wrote:you obviously havent seen their sophmore team...non of them are good enough to even sit varsity next year

I find it unlikely that a coach keeps 14 senior simply because that team will return no one the next year. It is also impossible to field a junior varsity team with only 4 players. Only 18 players can be rostered on varsity. I would be shocked to see a coach keep over 10 senior, and that is a stretch. Most that I can think of at any point is 9.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby babyjames236 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:42 pm

i know im not saying he will keep 14 seniors. as far was keeping 10 seniors i wouldnt be surprised because the sophmore team this year had around 8-10 players and juniors do get cut from the team too.
babyjames236
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys