Mandan at Dickinson

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mandan at Dickinson

Postby cityleaguer » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:14 pm

This could possibly be a repeat game a week later depending on what Jamestown does at St. Mary's. If Jamestown wins and Dix loses they have identical records with JTown having a one point advantage in the season series. Is this a must win for Dickinson going in to WDA with some confidence having to possibly play the Braves again? DHS did pull out a rare victory in Mandan earlier this season without Joe.

Also, Hanstad could be back for the first round which would make this matchup almost a waste as the whole complexity of the game would change the following week. Just wanted some thoughts...
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Mandan at Dickinson

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Hanstad should be in action tonight. I am very excited.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby cityleaguer » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Well hopefully he didn't rush things...I think DHS has been commendable in how they've played without him and hopefully they learned alot with his absense and are a stronger team now that he's back! Very Exciting!
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby braves84 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:46 pm

anybody at the game, how did hanstadt look. i know mandan won, but how did the game play out.
braves84
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:58 am

He will be solid once he adjusts to playing left handed. I see him averaging around 10 points 8 rebounds 8 assists for the remainder of the season. He had, by my count, 6 5 5 in about 20 minutes.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 am

Here's the stats for the game

M: Devin Coyle 19, Trey Fitzsimmons 12, Aaron Janz 11, Seth Westby 10, Erron Collins 8, Mark Zinke 4, Jacob Watson 4, Dale Haugen 3, Cole Lafferty 1.

D: Nate Moody 13, Nick Lupo 10, Jarl Abrahamson 10, Jesse Kessel 9, Joe Hanstad 6, Jon Wanner 3.

Halftime: M 39-23. 3-pointers: M 9 (Fitzsimmons 3, Collins 2, Coyle 2, Janz 1, Haugen 1), D 6 (Lupo 3, Kessel 1, Moody 1, Abrahamson 1). Free throws: M 9-15, D 5-18. Total fouls: M 14, D 24. Rebounds: M 42 (Watson 16), D 22 (Hanstad 5). Assists: M 2 (Coyle, Zinke), D 9 (Hanstad 3, Abrahamson 3). Steals: M 4 (Collins 2), D 12 (Abrahamson 3). Blocks: M 1 (Watson), D 0. Turnovers: M 22, D 12.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby cityleaguer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Anyone know if the WDA stats link considers end of season as regular season or including west region/state? I was just curious because the scoring minimum was 180 and Joe was at 176 before putting up 6 haha. Thought maybe it was a barometer game for him to test the wrist but also seal the season scoring title.

Another thought, any chance Joe was just being used as a decoy while his rest gets another week of healing in hopes that Mandan thinks he is sub par for the rest of the way? mostly dishing when driving and doing the small things, then at WDA he may play the role he was in for the last several years?? All speculation but it does come to mind...

Either way, I think the win was huge for Mandan blowing DHS out a week before WDA..
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:35 pm

cityleaguer wrote:Anyone know if the WDA stats link considers end of season as regular season or including west region/state? I was just curious because the scoring minimum was 180 and Joe was at 176 before putting up 6 haha. Thought maybe it was a barometer game for him to test the wrist but also seal the season scoring title.

Another thought, any chance Joe was just being used as a decoy while his rest gets another week of healing in hopes that Mandan thinks he is sub par for the rest of the way? mostly dishing when driving and doing the small things, then at WDA he may play the role he was in for the last several years?? All speculation but it does come to mind...

Either way, I think the win was huge for Mandan blowing DHS out a week before WDA..

Last year it stopped updating after the regular season ended. So he should have the scoring title and the steals title.

I do not think he was being used as a decoy. He can't shoot with his right hand at this point. That said, teams will need to help on his penetration. His ball handling and cutting are phenomenal and his vision allows him to make good passes when the defense sends help. I don't expect him to break 20 points again this season, but I would not be surprised to see a triple double or something very close. Think of Rajon Rondo. At this point, Hanstad has no ability to shoot a jumper, but he can still penetrate and find people.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:35 pm

The thing I take from this is Mandan is playing well. I predict Mandan or Dix beating century in the wda semis. The Century CURSE has exited since 1985 and is very strong . Just ask Russell Archambault.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:19 pm

balla45 wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:Anyone know if the WDA stats link considers end of season as regular season or including west region/state? I was just curious because the scoring minimum was 180 and Joe was at 176 before putting up 6 haha. Thought maybe it was a barometer game for him to test the wrist but also seal the season scoring title.

Last year it stopped updating after the regular season ended. So he should have the scoring title and the steals title.

I do not think he was being used as a decoy. He can't shoot with his right hand at this point. That said, teams will need to help on his penetration. His ball handling and cutting are phenomenal and his vision allows him to make good passes when the defense sends help. I don't expect him to break 20 points again this season, but I would not be surprised to see a triple double or something very close. Think of Rajon Rondo. At this point, Hanstad has no ability to shoot a jumper, but he can still penetrate and find people.

So he is seriously playing left handed? Will he shoot a left handed jumper?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby cityleaguer » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:46 pm

balla45 wrote:

So much for that assumption....although I was convinced as well, but he continues to surprise...hope they can find a way to pull out a couple victories still...
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:10 pm

I am soooooooo happy that I was wrong, trust me. He went for 30 today. Looked very good. Would like to see him at state.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys