Davies vs North

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Davies vs North

Postby 75ford » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:15 am

Nice win for Davies at North tonite 60-57, just shows that EDC is very balanced when 9 seed knocks out 1 seed the week of EDC tournament starts. Looks like EDC is wide open this year. Should be a fun tournament, give Eagles credit knocking down shots tonite. Big win for Coach Manson and Eagles!!!! North looked flat tonite.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Re: Davies vs North

Postby T$$ » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:42 am

Good for Davies. This post proves to me however that the state champion will again be from the West. The west will win 3 or 4 of the first round games as they have 5 quality teams.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby KINGoftheCourt24 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:40 pm

That has nothing to do with the EDC being wide open. North played down to davies level and could never get anything going. Davies hit some big time shots, north threw the ball away, and last night was not the typical north team we are used to seeing.
KINGoftheCourt24
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gobison » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:18 am

North had the EDC #1 seed in their hands for their control and they lost it.
gobison
NDPreps Starter

Postby SpartanGuy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:56 am

North was not mentally ready for that game in my opinion. I think they were maybe looking ahead a bit and didnt take care of business. The Potter kid caught fire and Syverson got in foul trouble and never got into the game. Schultz missed about every shot he took and the guards refused to hit a big shot. It was a bad night all around we played to worst game of our year and I would say they played there best. Jordahl altered alot of shots and made it tough for the posts to get clean looks. No excuse thou if you are going to be a top team you have to bring mental toughness every night. I was disappointed they blew a golden opportunity for the conference crown, but as we have seen any night any team can beat you so I dont think it matters if you are the 1 or 2 seed from that standpoint.
SpartanGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:16 pm

It's the difference between playing a 4/5 seed instead of, in most cases, the 3 seed in the second round. Which is still up in the air as of now.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hardcharger » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:17 pm

SpartanGuy wrote:North was not mentally ready for that game in my opinion. I think they were maybe looking ahead a bit and didnt take care of business. The Potter kid caught fire and Syverson got in foul trouble and never got into the game. Schultz missed about every shot he took and the guards refused to hit a big shot. It was a bad night all around we played to worst game of our year and I would say they played there best. Jordahl altered alot of shots and made it tough for the posts to get clean looks. No excuse thou if you are going to be a top team you have to bring mental toughness every night. I was disappointed they blew a golden opportunity for the conference crown, but as we have seen any night any team can beat you so I dont think it matters if you are the 1 or 2 seed from that standpoint.

blah blah blah blah
hardcharger
NDPreps Starter

Postby SpartanGuy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:15 am

You take the top 5 teams and put them in any order it wouldnt matter.
SpartanGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:17 am

Still interesting that after this result and North is still ranked in the state...at least that's my opinion.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby SpartanGuy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:25 am

The stupid poll doesnt mean anything. What matters is what happens next week and the following week.
SpartanGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:14 pm

SpartanGuy wrote:The stupid poll doesnt mean anything. What matters is what happens next week and the following week.

B-I-N-G-O :D
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:01 pm

Poll doesn't matter; But it did allow all the West posters to jump on the East, with reason.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys