Bismarck at Mandan

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Bismarck at Mandan

Postby T$$ » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:53 pm

Can Mandan win this game at home and gain momentum at the right time of year? These are the two premier programs in the state although both are slighlty down from last year. I think BHS may get them this year but it will be down to the wire.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Re: Bismarck at Mandan

Postby toeman20 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:26 pm

T$$ wrote:Can Mandan win this game at home and gain momentum at the right time of year? These are the two premier programs in the state although both are slighlty down from last year. I think BHS may get them this year but it will be down to the wire.

I think it will be a good one. If the Braves can shut down Liggins and Dexter they will win for sure. Also they will need a big game out of Coyle, Collins, and Janz.
toeman20
NDPreps Starter

Postby T$$ » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:47 pm

I would also comment that if Fitterer and Schirado can make shots the Demons have the edge. How is Westby playing? I always felt that he was a very solid player in all facets. Kind of reminds me of Esley Thortnon as he doesn't force anything. Thorton is a way better shooter however. Any updates on this game would be great
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby T$$ » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:29 am

I have 3 conclusions from the lack of chatter on this. 1. No one was at the game. 2. Not a lot of west region people are on this forum. 3. Horner and Miller are too smart to allow kids in their program to post on this forum
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:31 am

Mandan 55
Bismarck 53
Final
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:34 am

T$$ wrote:I have 3 conclusions from the lack of chatter on this. 1. No one was at the game. 2. Not a lot of west region people are on this forum. 3. Horner and Miller are too smart to allow kids in their program to post on this forum

1. It was a solid game back and forth. Coyle and Liggins put on a show. Collins and Werner were good support.

2. There are a decent amount.

3. Players can remain anonymous if they wish.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:44 am

Thanks for the update balla45. I was somewhat joking but wish more west region fans posted instead of just reading posts. I was able to catch part of the game on the radio and it sounded back and forth. If I am Mandan or Bismarck I like my chances come tournament time as both teams are talented and proven winners. Do you think Century will buckle under the pressure during tournament time? If Dix and Mandan are the 4/5 game I would not want to play either (assuming Hanstad plays)
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:49 am

If I am any team, I want to play Dickinson first round instead of later. They will be much better in game 3 after having time to gel. I do not see a Hanstad lead team losing in the play in game.

I will start posting more about the WDA though. I have been quiet this year.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:11 am

What about Century? I just don't think they can win wda or state. Great coach but (don't take offense as this is a somewhat factual statement) Century kids are SOFT. Mattern's practices are probably the most adversity many of the players have faced. This belongs in a new thread but I am going with it.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:14 am

Century does have a lot of experience. Many of these players are in their 3rd year of varsity. This is their year to do it if they are going to.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:39 am

I agree with you. Just making the point that the WDA tourney is way different than the regular season. Back to the topic at hand. I heard Collins played really well against BHS.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:44 am

He was solid. Good decision making and found Coyle on numerous occasions. Coyle and Liggins were impressive scoring the ball. Werner did what was expected.

BHS seems to be very beatable. Werner and Liggins will score. If a team defends the supporting cast, BHS will be in for a battle.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:52 am

Would you agree that if Hanstad doesn't make it back that CHS, Minot, BHS, and Mandan are all a lock to make state?
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:33 am

I would have to agree.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:25 am

I don't know if Bismarck and Mandan will meet up again this year. I do see both in the state semi final round however.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys