Kozlowski and strom future of edc?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Kozlowski and strom future of edc?

Postby gunslinger13 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:08 pm

Any opions or predictions on who will do better.
LOVE ME SEXY:P
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Re: Kozlowski and strom future of edc?

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:12 pm

Strom...more of a pure shooter, decent passer, good rebounder. Kozlowski...should become more of a passer but he likes to shoot a little too much right now.

In My Honest Opinon: Strom has more of the upside.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby secondwind » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:14 pm

Strom....... Build of a senior already. Absolute pure stroke. Needs to work plenty on taking defender off the dribble as he will be crowded defensively and also his defense. Has luxury of sitting on perimeter and spotting up for now as is surrounded with terrific talent.
secondwind
NDPreps Starter

Postby digger » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:22 am

secondwind wrote:Strom....... Build of a senior already. Absolute pure stroke. Needs to work plenty on taking defender off the dribble as he will be crowded defensively and also his defense. Has luxury of sitting on perimeter and spotting up for now as is surrounded with terrific talent.

Build of a senior as a 9th grader is not necessarily an indicator of things to come. Don't get me wrong Strom is a very good player (as is Kozlowski) I've had the chance to watch them both, they both get it. I will not venture a guess as to which 9th grader will have a better career, too many variables. Kids that are physically mature at 14-15 often outshine others in their age group, if they've put the time in. Take a look at Jacobson for Shanley, he's got a very good game now, but give him a couple of years to grow into his body, when he matures physically his game will jump up a level. I've seen a lot of 13-15 year olds that looked like the next great thing, let's talk when they're juniors.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballjones » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:32 pm

They are the best freshman but there also notable mentions including:

Chad Bartosh from GFRR (quality JV player)
Hadley Smith from DL (puts in a lot of minutes although the team is poor)
Zach Kellen from south (logs varsity minutes)
Jack Christensen from Wahpeton (don't know much about him but heard he's a hard worker and gets a lot of minutes)
basketballjones
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndakotasports94 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Strom for sure. Better outside shooter, better free throw shooter, better defensively, harder worker and team player. Both have great futures, but I think Strom will put himself in a better position to succeed
ndakotasports94
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Kozlowski is going to put up way more points this year because Davies' offense is run for him. Strom will be more dominant in the years to come when its just him and Jacobson.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby T$$ » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:32 am

I have never heard of either of these players. It seems like in the east individual stats are more important than how your team does. Any thoughts
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:49 am

T$$ wrote:I have never heard of either of these players. It seems like in the east individual stats are more important than how your team does. Any thoughts?

If your team played Davies or Shanley...you would know these names.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby T$$ » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:06 am

What grade are they in? If they are the "future of the edc" is Boschee's scoring record in jeapordy? I am not questioning talent but I have not heard of either of these players. What makes them good?
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:11 am

They are both freshman with great futures. Kozlowski is the starting PG for Fargo Davies and Strom is the Backup Guard for Fargo Shanley. Both already get plenty of playing time and both are very good shooters and ball players.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby T$$ » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:21 am

Nothing against either player with this question, but do they play varsity because their team lacks talent or in shanley case depth? I think calling any freshman "the future" of an entire confernce is unfair to that player. Are you going to measure success by their stats and pt or by how their teams do?
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:22 am

T$$ wrote:Nothing against either player with this question, but do they play varsity because their team lacks talent or in shanley case depth? I think calling any freshman "the future" of an entire confernce is unfair to that player. Are you going to measure success by their stats and pt or by how their teams do?

They both play Varsity.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby balla45 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:59 am

They would play varsity on any team in the state. I am confident in that assertion.

http://www.ny2lasports.com/player_detai ... yerid=2485 - Strom
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby T$$ » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:28 pm

If balla45 says they can play I trust his judgement. Who could you compare them to in the west? I am more familiar with the west region.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:55 pm

Right now the closest comparison would have to be Coyle. They are not as good at this point though.

I think Strom is a stronger, more athletic, better shooting version of Jake Bauer from DHS. The biggest thing with Strom is that his jumper is absolutely pure. He is not able to show off all of his skills at this point because of the tremendous amount of talent on his team, but he will shine next year, even more than he is now.

Kozlowski really doesn't remind of any particular player. The closest would be taller, better penetrating version of Ryne Hornecker if Hornecker would have been playing without a lot of help and been more inclined to take the game in to his own hands.

I had the opportunity to coach against Strom 4 times, and Kozlowski once. They are the real deal. An open 3 is basically a lay up for Strom. I would give Strom the nod over Kozlowski at this point in the game, but they are both very good players with very bright futures. I would be very surprised if they played anything less than Division 2 basketball at a very good school. D1 basketball is definitely not out of the realm of possibility. It will be interesting to watch their abilities progress over the years. Both have very high basketball intelligence quotients.

There are a lot of talented underclassmen in the Fargo-Moorhead area at this point in the game.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:29 pm

An open three is easier than a lay-up for Strom.
gobison
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Im not going to say who is better, there both very strong players, but Kozlowski did drop 31 on south as a freshman and also had about 7-10 assists, so he does pass the ball, but for davies they need that kind of guy that will shoot alot, they dont have many great shooters, but im not hating on davies they will be solid soon, and with roomers of people tranfering from south and shanley to davies they could be good in the next year or 2.
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby auburn_boy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:48 pm

I agree davies will be real good after this year, who are the players rumored of transfering, Strom?
auburn_boy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:46 pm

Yes i have heard strom would maybe transfer, but its just a rumor, there also is a kid from kindred i believe who is really good and wants to play, and 2 to 3 players from south that would like to remain nameless until they make their choice.
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baseball1000 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:01 pm

I think it's doubtful that players from South would transfer.. that just doesn't seem like it'll happen.
Baseball1000
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:35 pm

well they are thinking about it, i hope it does happen to see these guys play with Kozlowski, that would be great, but it is doubtful.
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:50 pm

Ndbaseball999 wrote:Yes i have heard strom would maybe transfer, but its just a rumor, there also is a kid from kindred i believe who is really good and wants to play, and 2 to 3 players from south that would like to remain nameless until they make their choice.

The Kindred kid is Tanner Kretchman. He's a freshman and I'm pretty sure he actually lives in the Davies school district. I haven't heard of him transferring though.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:51 am

Well it's just a rumor I heard, but they both could help.
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:24 am

Ndbaseball999 wrote:Well it's just a rumor I heard, but they both could help.

O they would help incredibly if it did indeed happen. Most in this thread know what Strom can do. A lot might not know about Kretchman, since he's a class B kid. He is exremely talented though. He's probably the best player as a freshman on a team that is in the regional tournament.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys