Fargo South?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Fargo South?

Postby retiredbballer » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:33 pm

I see south have now gone 0-3 and lost to Red River. I thought south had alot of talent this year. If they lose to Valley City tonight, South is out for me.
retiredbballer
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Fargo South?

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:52 pm

retiredbballer wrote:I see south have now gone 0-3 and lost to Red River. I thought south had alot of talent this year. If they lose to Valley City tonight, South is out for me.

If South loses to VC, then the whining about VC not being able to compete deflates (a little).
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 75ford » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:30 am

retiredbballer wrote:I see south have now gone 0-3 and lost to Red River. I thought south had alot of talent this year. If they lose to Valley City tonight, South is out for me.

South beat VC 93-69.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby groundblind » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:52 pm

South will be competitive this year. They do this every year - last year they didn't look close to a team that could qualify for state until mid-season. Only two of their seniors saw any serious varsity time last year because of the way Henrickson avoids playing underclassmen, so they need to get used to playing with each other.
groundblind
NDPreps Reserve

Postby retiredbballer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:23 pm

Thank goodness South won beat vc, that is a good point though, why does Henrickson avoid playing underclassmen i have heard this from numerous people
retiredbballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 75ford » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:18 pm

Fargo South beats North on their home court 53-52 tonite. great game.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby 75ford » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:04 pm

groundblind wrote:South will be competitive this year. They do this every year - last year they didn't look close to a team that could qualify for state until mid-season. Only two of their seniors saw any serious varsity time last year because of the way Henrickson avoids playing underclassmen, so they need to get used to playing with each other.

Coach Hendrikson has a 7 very athletic group of 7 Seniors this season, and 2 Juniors (Nicklaus and Poss), that make up rotation.
Last edited by 75ford on Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby secondwind » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:04 pm

South is South. They always seem to under achieve. Coach H. rarely seems to put together a really top notch team even when he has superior talent as in years past. That is coaching and that is your program.....Seniors this season are OK. 3 or 4 are decent ball players, not 7. Poss is talented and should be playing ahead of a number of seniors.
secondwind
NDPreps Starter

Postby retiredbballer » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:14 pm

With the new Davies school, is South even going to contend next year? It sounds to me this is Henricksons last year to win and be a powerhouse school.
retiredbballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:32 pm

retiredbballer wrote:With the new Davies school, is South even going to contend next year? It sounds to me this is Henricksons last year to win and be a powerhouse school.

Doesn't Davies field all their teams this year? They just share facilities with South right now?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indy5 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:35 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
retiredbballer wrote:With the new Davies school, is South even going to contend next year? It sounds to me this is Henricksons last year to win and be a powerhouse school.

Doesn't Davies field all their teams this year? They just share facilities with South right now?

Davies didn't steal any of South's seniors though.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby chosen_one » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 am

ha what happens when the seniors are gone, souths screwed
chosen_one
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:00 pm

South IMO will have a tuff time next year where Davies will take a thumping this year but next year IMO they will be handing out some thumping.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby retiredbballer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:09 pm

chosen_one wrote:ha what happens when the seniors are gone, souths screwed

It is sad that they had to split the school in half, I have heard Davies should be good over the next few years (after this year) but for south to have the short end of the stick for the future is sad. Is there any hope for South at all after this year?
retiredbballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby heimer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:33 pm

In all seriousness, this statement makes me sick. South still has a very large student body. For people to say Valley City is "whining" about being Class A, then another person says, "Is there any hope for them after this year?" shows the level of intelligence on this board.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:06 pm

I will back you on that statement Heimer. You are absolutely correct that is ridiculous for anyone to be sad that big, bad South got split in two.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Hinsa wrote:I will back you on that statement Heimer. You are absolutely correct that is ridiculous for anyone to be sad that big, bad South got split in two.

I agree. South was split because their student body was well over 2000 students. If the school can't develop at least 7 to 8 players (out of even 1000) every year to at least be respectable, then there is a problem w/ their program and staff.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 75ford » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:32 pm

secondwind wrote:South is South. They always seem to under achieve. Coach H. rarely seems to put together a really top notch team even when he has superior talent as in years past. That is coaching and that is your program.....Seniors this season are OK. 3 or 4 are decent ball players, not 7. Poss is talented and should be playing ahead of a number of seniors.

Secondwind,
Just took a look at south online stats so far this season (7 games) on Poss, has scored a total of 40 points and is 29% on 3 pointers, 45% on F/T, and 34% on FG, played 108 mins, has had 21 fouls and 12 turnovers. He has some talent, but still needs to develop yet period. He will be a strong player next season for the Bruins.
Last edited by 75ford on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:29 pm

South beat Shanley tonight 66-55! Sounds like its a dog-fight in the EDC...add South to it!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ballin304life » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:43 pm

Mighty-Mouse wrote:South IMO will have a tuff time next year where Davies will take a thumping this year but next year IMO they will be handing out some thumping.

Davies has been in all their games. their biggest lost was by 11 at WF. they aren't getting thumped
ballin304life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:56 pm

ballin304life wrote:
Mighty-Mouse wrote:South IMO will have a tuff time next year where Davies will take a thumping this year but next year IMO they will be handing out some thumping.

Davies has been in all their games. their biggest lost was by 11 at WF. they aren't getting thumped

Which IMO means...look out for Davies next year!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby T$$ » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:42 am

I don't know a lot about south. Do they have any chance to win the edc or a game at state? in my opinion a school like south will always have a chance to compete. A lot of the issue in fargo in my opinion is parents push kids into travel teams too young and play too many games and the kids could care less by the time they hit 10th grade.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby auburn_boy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:42 pm

retiredbballer wrote:
chosen_one wrote:ha what happens when the seniors are gone, souths screwed

It is sad that they had to split the school in half, I have heard Davies should be good over the next few years (after this year) but for south to have the short end of the stick for the future is sad. Is there any hope for South at all after this year?

South will be fine next year, they have 2 juniors who see varsity minutes poss and nicklaus, poss is a good shooter and is offensively very talented and nicklaus is a athletic forward who does a little bit of everything, also souths jv team looks solid so don't count south out next year just because they lost half their student body, should be interesting next year when south and davies play each other
auburn_boy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby auburn_boy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:16 pm

T$$ wrote:I don't know a lot about south. Do they have any chance to win the edc or a game at state? in my opinion a school like south will always have a chance to compete. A lot of the issue in fargo in my opinion is parents push kids into travel teams too young and play too many games and the kids could care less by the time they hit 10th grade.

South have shown they can beat shanley north and west fargo, im guessing they will win edc and will go far in state but we'll just have to see
auburn_boy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gobison » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:12 am

If anyone was at the Red River - South game, please tell me what happened?
How did South lose again?
gobison
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys