Fargo South?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Fargo South?

Postby groundblind » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:28 pm

Red River played a great game. They are a bad matchup for South. south couldn't hit any jumpshots or free throws either. I also haven't seen home team refs so bad since South played at Red River last year. Parker got tackled on a layup with no call, then got called on a foul on RR and picked up a technical. That 6 point turnaround put RR up by 7 with 30 some seconds left and RR made their free throws from then on.
groundblind
NDPreps Reserve

Postby OldSchool » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:28 pm

I agree the reffing wasn't great but it didn't decide the game. Parker begged for that technical all night and the other starters quit on Coach H as soon as they got behind in the second half. South shot the double bonus for the last 11 minutes of the game and RR was only at 3 fouls. I thought South was undisciplined and as usual Coach H had no control, and complained all night, and did very little coaching. Once again South is loaded with talent and the kids don't play for Hendrickson.
I thought it was interesting that this was South's first game outside of the metro area, and this was how they responded to being "on the road" very average at best.
Groundblind, South trailed by as many as 11 pts in the second half, and I am quite certain that it wasn't a 1 pt game when Parker got the technical don't lie to make things appear what they are not. South didn't deserve to win, and was totally undisciplined.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby anyballgame45 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:04 pm

At the point in the game when the T was called South was trying to foul, they were behind with less than a minute to play. The foul call was exactly the outcome South wanted. Why the was a T called, who knows?
Playing up at RR is not easy, just look at the scores from the other games played earlier in the year. Most of the games up there are close games. The Arvigson kid made some tough shots and kept RR in the game during the first half. Give RR credit for playing well.
I agree some of the South players lost their composure during the course of the game. The thing to watch and see will be if they learn by it.
Old school wants to run coach H out of town due to one game? What about the 8 or 9 games South played before that. Coach H and the rest of the staff are doing a good job this season.
anyballgame45
NDPreps Starter

Postby groundblind » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Old school - you seemed to miss my first point that Red River played a great game. They are probably the one team in the EDC that can run with South, and South is not good at using their height advantage. And yes, had Parker either made the layup or the free throws, it would have been a one point game. That is a fact. Instead, RR got 4 points and went up by seven with 39 seconds left. Any other questions?
groundblind
NDPreps Reserve

Postby auburn_boy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:15 pm

You cannot blame officiating, South lost and they seem to always get the last word to the refs making them vulnerable to T's
auburn_boy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby auburn_boy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:31 am

South and Shanley play Saturday should be an interesting game at Shanley. South IMO will need to win at shanley to prove their #1.
auburn_boy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SpartanGuy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:45 pm

You must mean #2 because North is #1 the last time I checked. North also has the tie breaker over south so unless north loses again its North's Conference to win.
SpartanGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby auburn_boy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:00 am

we will see at the end of the season, north is good but are very predictable
auburn_boy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SpartanGuy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Just like South predicted the zone that North put on them at south. They looked like they had never seen a zone before.
SpartanGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby groundblind » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:01 pm

While North played good defense, South's guards continually missed open jump shots. It wasn't the defense or the zone that did South in, it was their guards shooting airballs on wide open shots.
groundblind
NDPreps Reserve

Postby T$$ » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:58 am

Souths coach has always not known when to cool it. I remember the south vs bhs title game a few years back. A south player mouthed off to the ref and got a t and then coaching staff got another t during the tv timeout. GAME OVER. Refs screw up calls. Players and coaches need to learn to control their emotions.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:40 am

South seems to be falling apart at the wrong time of the year
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby SpartanGuy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:04 pm

If south is going to depend on there guards to win them games then they might as well pack it up for the year now. They have a couple of the most physical posts and one of the most athletic kids I have seen in some time (Okland). The guards should be the second options after the defense has started to pack in the lane. SOuth doesnt adjust to how the game is going at all referring to how the refs are calling the game and what the other team is doing to them defensively. They have the talent but dont know how to manage it.
SpartanGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 75ford » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:05 pm

SpartanGuy wrote:If south is going to depend on there guards to win them games then they might as well pack it up for the year now. They have a couple of the most physical posts and one of the most athletic kids I have seen in some time (Okland). The guards should be the second options after the defense has started to pack in the lane. SOuth doesnt adjust to how the game is going at all referring to how the refs are calling the game and what the other team is doing to them defensively. They have the talent but dont know how to manage it.

Spartan Guy, Not so quick to assume South should pack it up for the year. I seem to have also seen he Spartans play MHD, Central, and having 28 turnovers against Davies. South needs to regroup and move forward. They will have to sit some players with some issues, and regroup.Look at how WF struggled for a bit and recently handled the MHD spuds, that the Spartans looked over matched against. All teams have their ups and downs. North may be on top at this time but EDC title will not be that easy. North also got their win by 4 ove Shanley when Rodenbiker did not play. Shanley looks poised to make a run at the title. Should be a fun EDC tournament, possible upsets this year.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby SpartanGuy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:23 pm

I didnt say they cant turn it around I just said you cant lean on those guards to carry you down the stretch defenses get better at defending the perimeter as the season goes on. Its the inside out that is going to separate them from the rest. Its not Norths fault Rodenbiker didnt play I wished he would have played and I bet if you ask everyone of the North players they would of wanted to beat them with him. Who know maybe they would of won by more with him in the game. It effects everything.
SpartanGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 75ford » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:10 pm

SpartanGuy wrote:I didnt say they cant turn it around I just said you cant lean on those guards to carry you down the stretch defenses get better at defending the perimeter as the season goes on. Its the inside out that is going to separate them from the rest. Its not Norths fault Rodenbiker didnt play I wished he would have played and I bet if you ask everyone of the North players they would of wanted to beat them with him. Who know maybe they would of won by more with him in the game. It effects everything.

I disagree that North would have won by more with Rodenbiker in the game. Rodenbiker is a 15 point avg/game, that is in his 4th varsity year. Dancer scores about 2 points per game per online stats. The score on game with Rodenbiker was 82-68, Rodenbiker is very quick, can shoot, pass and penetrate. He is the best point guard in EDC period.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby SpartanGuy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:15 pm

You dont know that for sure do you? Maybe North had a game plan for him that would have neutralized him. I guess we wont know until they play again if they ever do.
SpartanGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby groundblind » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:30 pm

spartanguy, That is what every team does defensively to South. They pack the lane on defense so Deng and Okland have to fight double and triple teams. Okland is a good passer, so he hits the open guard and early in the season, the guards hit the open shots. I agree that South can't depend on the guards winning the game for them, but if they don't hit their open shots, the posts won't have a chance.
groundblind
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:46 am

Rodenbiker would have done better against the zone then Dancer did. Shanley beats North with Rodenbiker IMO. The North coaches did a great job against them though;perfect timing of when to switch up the zone/man.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gobison » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:30 am

South really needs to control their emotions.
David Charles recieved a double technical at the game vs. Shanley.
Two technicals in one game is inexcusable.
gobison
NDPreps Starter

Postby SpartanGuy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:49 pm

What was up with Charles? I never thought he had it in him to pick up two technicals. Wasnt there just looking for a little insight from someone that was.
SpartanGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby anyballgame45 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:33 pm

I thought Shanley players showed as much or more emotion than South players did. Not sure why Charles was T'd up especially since the official who made both calls is one of the best in the State.
anyballgame45
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:22 am

South should be good for the next few years, they have 2 good juniors now poss and niclaus, and couple good sophomores including Green and Lloyd, solid freshman in kellan and the other lloyd Colton, don't doubt them for the future.
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby retiredbballer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:27 pm

has been a fun season watching this team go through its up and downs, should be a great game vs. wf tomorrow, south needs to win to gain home court 1st round of edc,for first game if they lose they head to rr
retiredbballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cast3 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:42 pm

Davies was crushed by Shanley, so there biggest loss of 11 is incorrect.
cast3
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys