Player rankings

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NikeRep » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:18 pm

Can any post their top 5 players for the 09 and 08 classes(for Class A)? Name, height, position and school would be nice. Thanks.
NikeRep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:57 pm

1. Zac Elgie 6'3'' Minot Wing

2. Ishmail Kareem 6'2'' Fargo? Wing

3. Tanner Farkas 6' West Fargo Point Guard

4. Taylor Bruhschwein 6'2'' Dickinson Guard

5. Jordan May 5'11'' Fargo? Point Guard
Last edited by cdub1 on Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND_SportsNut » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:24 pm

1. B.J Mertens 6'1" Devils Lake Guard     class of '08
ND_SportsNut

Postby NikeRep » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:04 pm

cdub- what class is that for? 09?

Can anyone tell me about Mertens?

NikeRep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:32 am

East

Jordan May Fargo North  guard

Bj Mertens  Devils Lake guard

Eric Klute   Fargo South  forward

Jon Kramer Wahpeton  guard

Drew Grzadzieleski  Red River  Post

next best I.Kareem, T.Farkas, A.Hochstetler, S.Dye
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbb » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:47 am

1.) Jordan May North
2.)Ishmail Kareem South
3.)Zac Elgie Minot
4.)Tanner Farkas West Fargo
5.)Tyler Miller Wahpeton
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_SportsNut » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:50 pm

NikeRep wrote:cdub- what class is that for? 09?

Mertens obviously isn't as tall as his cousin Travis but he is a much harder worker. He plays great defense, and likes to drive to the basket. He will be counted on for a lot of DL's points next year, probably 15-20 ppg.
ND_SportsNut

Postby FargoHottie15 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:57 pm

[user=939]ndbasketballfan007[/user]

Eric Klute   Fargo South  forward

clute transferred to hawley, mn.
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbb » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:13 pm

why would he do that
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NikeRep » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:09 pm

Can anyone give me the top 3 2008 kids in order? Name, Height, position, school, skills, strengths, weaknesses, etc etc 
NikeRep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:06 pm

NikeRep wrote:cdub- what class is that for? 09?

that is for 08

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:45 pm

Top Players in class of 2008 are:

Jordan May - 6-0 - Guard - Very good player.  Can shoot the three and handle the rock.  Offensively will be the most talented player in the class.  Can defend when he wants to, but how often does he want too.  Must get better there, must also get better with Point Guard decision making - mainly passing the ball.

Jordan Allard - 6-5 - Good Athlete, that can shoot the three with deadly range.  Must learn how to defend and commit to defending hard all the time.  Must also change attitude some on the court.

Ishmail Kareem - 6-3 - Guard / Forward - Very good player.  Must look to be more aggressive offensively.  Needs to work on getting to the rim and not settling for mid range jump shots.  Can defend and is very good athlete.  Must extend his shooting range to the three a little more.

Tanner Farkas - 6-0 - Guard - Very good guard.  Makes good decision and is a solid shooter.  Solid defender and solid overall player.

Zac Elgie - 6-3 - Forward / Guard - He can flat out score.  Must get more consistent with his jumper and work on his left hand.  Solid athlete, but not great vertically.  Defensively he is decent, but needs to work on sliding his feet some on the perimeter.

Tyler Miller - 5-7 - Guard - Very good player, great shooter and can defend.  Just needs to grow.

Seth Dye - 6-5 - Forward - Good all around player.  Can shoot the three and play inside some.  Does need to get tougher inside and play harder defensively. 

Dustin Hermann - 6-4 - Forward - Athletic and a very good rebounder.  Plays tough on defense, but does foul too much.  Very raw offensively, needs to work on all aspects of offense, both inside and on the perimeter.

BJ Mertens - 6-0 - Guard - Very good player.  Plays hard and tough.  Solid shooter, that will get better when he extends his range a little more.  Solid ball handler and very good defender.

Taylor Bruschwein - 6-0 - Guard - Shooter.  Not sure what else he does.

Gary Heitkamp - 6-6 - Forward - Has potential, just has to learn how to use it.  Good Athlete with solid shot, needs to speed it up.  Needs to be more aggressive and not so passive.  When he figures it out, watch out he could be very good.

Jordan Mertens - 6-6 - Forward - Ok player, needs to be more aggressive.  Needs to get stronger and work on post game.

Not sure about the Bismarck and Grand Forks juniors I hear there is a - Martinez - that is good, a Maum, a Ruby, that are all pretty decent from Bismarck High.

Don't know much about the class of 2009 except that there is a kid from Fargo North that is pretty good.

class of 2011 - Top player right now - Jesse Crosby - remember the name
Last edited by sportsguy on Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsguy

Postby cdub1 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:42 pm

for 11 i gotta say Joe Hanstead is prolly just as good started on dickinsons jv team this summer and was far and away their best player 6 2 point guard with range

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NikeRep » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:02 am

Thanks sports guy. Can you tell me more about Allard and Crosby?
NikeRep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby luv2hoop » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:15 pm

I heard most of the top players from 2010 will be in Bismarck Nov. 4-6. 10 teams from around the state will be there playing 5 games each. It's being held at CHS. I know 3 teams from Fargo,Jamestown,Dickinson,2 Bismarck teams,Mandan. I know there are some very good players who will be playing up this year.
luv2hoop

Postby cdub1 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:42 am

what do you mean playing up???

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby luv2hoop » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:46 pm

Freshmen who will be playing soph. or JV Ball.
luv2hoop

Postby cdub1 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:02 pm

Esley Thornton is the best freshman in Bismarck imo and Brian Kielpinski is the best from Mandan.

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby luv2hoop » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:13 pm

You're right! K from Mandan still has a longggggggggg way to go, but there's no sub. for size.

South has a good guard in Matt Wawers(spelling?),North has a couple small guards who are really tuff, Red River has a little guard schreigner who will start JV and West Fargo has a couple really good players in Baudin(spelling?) and Johnson. 
luv2hoop

Postby sportsguy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:50 pm

NikeRep,  Here is a little more info from what I think.

Jordan Allard 6-6 junior from Fargo South - Has a chance to be a very good high school player and I believe a Mr. Basketball Finalist in 2008.  He is alot like Jeff Brandt from Minot High some years ago, same size, shooter, not real strong yet, but more athletic then Jeff was at his age.  The question is does Allard have the drive to be as good.  Jeff played at UND and was an all-conference player in a then very good NCC league, then transfered to Minot State were he had a great final year.  You can tell he has work ethic because he goes from there to playing for the Dakota Wizards which is a very legit CBA team that has many guys get called up to the NBA.  You can't be a bum on that team.  Now does Allard have the drive to be that good, I don't know, only time will tell, but the kid has potential that's for sure.  Just needs to accept coaching which I hope he does, and put those hours in the gym and weight room in. 

Jessie Crosby - He is an 8th grader from Minot.  He is about 6-3 and fairly skinny.  Good athlete for a young kid.  Has huge upside and if he grows to be 6-7 or so can be a great player some day.  Even if he doesn't continue to grow he will still be very good but will need to develop better guard skills.  They are getting there, but he does has lots of room to grow. 
sportsguy

Postby NikeRep » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:47 am

Great post sportsguy. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me more about Brian Keilpinski from Mandan. Hes about 6'6" right? Whats his body like, skills, strengths, weaknesses, is he "hoops hungry" etc...

Thanks.
NikeRep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HeisAlive » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:44 am

NikeRep, 

I watched Keilpinski play the Freshman Tourney in Bismarck last week and Mandan don't ever use him as a post.  All the yuse him for is rebounds.  He is about 6'6" and thin.  He looks as if he is growing into his height.  When he did shoot, didn't look to good for shooting, for being a Freshman.

I know the Crosby kid did average about 13 pts and 7 rebounds a game in Bismarck.
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:48 pm

HeisAlive wrote:NikeRep, 

I watched Keilpinski play the Freshman Tourney in Bismarck last week and Mandan don't ever use him as a post.  All the yuse him for is rebounds.  He is about 6'6" and thin.  He looks as if he is growing into his height.  When he did shoot, didn't look to good for shooting, for being a Freshman.

you mite want to add that it was a traveling team game since i doubt you have ever seen him play for our school team where he has an entirely different set of teammates who can get him the ball in scoring position...

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby smart source » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:20 pm

sportsguy wrote:Zac Elgie - 6-3 - Forward / Guard - He can flat out score.  Must get more consistent with his jumper and work on his left hand.  Solid athlete, but not great vertically.  Defensively he is decent, but needs to work on sliding his feet some on the perimeter.

He had a 31'1/2  inch vertical tahts not too bad
smart source

Postby cdub1 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:21 pm

its not bad but its not great either elgie is a beast though

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys