worst team this season

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndball130 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:38 pm

who do u think will be the worst team from the east and the worst from the west?
ndball130
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:24 pm

st mary's and valley city.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndbb » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:36 pm

Grand Forks Central
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndball130 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:08 pm

i agree grand forks central lost a lot of talent last year and their jv team didnt do very well
ndball130
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jordanpippen » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:17 am

Valley city will not be the worst team. From watching the jv i saw that they had about 8 guys that should have been playing varsity but didnt. Valley has 6 players above 6 feet that are very good. Valley will be strong.
jordanpippen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Chewy8 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:47 pm

I wouldnt give VC that much credit they may win 3 games this year against Central and Devils lake Maybe. bUt they arent the worst Grand Forks Central will be by far
Chewy8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jordanpippen » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:16 am

i think VC will be surprising for many reasons,the jv was impressive at 11-8, south was number 1 in jv and valley beat them while only playing hochstetler and dahl for 3 qrts a piece. im just saying that this wont be the same valley city as old
jordanpippen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:11 am

Thats not all correct. Devils Lake JV tied South JV in the standings for 1st place last year ,and Devils Lake beat South JV  at Devils Lake last year.
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby Notorious » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:36 am

I would make the argument that success of a JV team has very little to do with Varsity success.  I am not talking about individual success, but rather a JV record having any impact on the following season's varsity record,
Notorious
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:04 am

I agree with that. JV standing doesnt mean anything for the following season. I was just correcting the previous statement.
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:11 am

Notorious wrote:I would make the argument that success of a JV team has very little to do with Varsity success.  I am not talking about individual success, but rather a JV record having any impact on the following season's varsity record,

not true...the JV team can tell alot about the varsity team, maybe not the next year but maybe 2 years.  because in the 2 years its goin to be the same players playing but just at a different level now.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:15 am

JV is deceiving as some teams load up to win JV games. Some coaches play with their eye on the future and what will be best by giving younger kids more time than older kids playing JV games. They may not win as many with the freshman/sophs. But the experience gained will help when they reach varsity. Say team X is using a bunch of upper classmen, that never developed into top notch varsity players but they are better than a bunch of freshmen.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Notorious » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:35 am

I stand by my theory.  Sure, in some cases there may be a relationship between JV record and Varsity success; however, in general, I have to agree with others....many schools use JV for development of young players, while others play sophs. and jr. that may never materialize at the varsity level.  Additionally, many very good players never play JV because they start on the varsity team as sophs, jrs, potentially making a JV team weaker than competition, while solidifying a varsity team for the following couple years.

While winning is important, I think the good programs use JV more for development of young players, rather than success in the w-l columns.
Notorious
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:58 am

point/center wrote:JV is deceiving as some teams load up to win JV games. Some coaches play with their eye on the future and what will be best by giving younger kids more time than older kids playing JV games. They may not win as many with the freshman/sophs. But the experience gained will help when they reach varsity. Say team X is using a bunch of upper classmen, that never developed into top notch varsity players but they are better than a bunch of freshmen.

that is a good point. this is where the numbers game between A and B goes into play.  JV at the class a level wont predict the future as acturately as the jv teams on teh B level.  Not to bring A vs B into this topic just my opinion.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:27 pm

Notorious wrote:I stand by my theory.  Sure, in some cases there may be a relationship between JV record and Varsity success; however, in general, I have to agree with others....many schools use JV for development of young players, while others play sophs. and jr. that may never materialize at the varsity level.  Additionally, many very good players never play JV because they start on the varsity team as sophs, jrs, potentially making a JV team weaker than competition, while solidifying a varsity team for the following couple years.

While winning is important, I think the good programs use JV more for development of young players, rather than success in the w-l columns.

Good point.  It really depends on which younger players are playing up on the varsity level.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:55 am

st marys
ballplayer15

Postby vikingfan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:54 am

In the West, St. Mary's and Century.
vikingfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:22 am

I too believe that Valley City will be alot better in b-ball this year as they have a new young coach.  True theyve got some good players on JV but we'll see if new is also better, not same old philosophy. Seniors start...Also Dahl might be out not definate but last Friday at the football game he may have suffered an ACL injury???

ndfootballwrestling

Postby allstar23 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:48 pm

st. marys and century will be the worst teams this year from the west.  Century has a lot of young players and i believe that they will be good next year and may have a chance of winning the state championship.
allstar23

Postby Ming01 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:50 pm

Yeah I doubt it all they will have next year is Govig, Schlosser, and Kringstad.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:25 pm

i will make the prediction that century doesnt even come close to makin state and you think they can win a championship?????

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys