Jamestown

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Jamestown

Postby sekasum » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:56 pm

Heard Jamestown dude was forced out by parents?
sekasum
NDPreps Starter

Re: Jamestown

Postby Rebel » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:52 am

Wasn't he coach of the year in the WDA? Do they have alot of talent coming up? I know they have struggled a bit over the last several years.
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:41 am

He was coach of the year, probably should have went to Horner or Mattern though. Not much talent coming up. This senior class was the class to make some noise.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Rebel » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:49 am

Are they filling the job from within? I heard there are alot of parent issues there, but you here that at just about every school now days! :)
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby sekasum » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Parents and an asst did him in from what I hear. Cupboard is fuller here than in DL.
sekasum
NDPreps Starter

Postby InsideMan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

Its too bad that parents got involved. It has to be one of the hardest things to deal with because 99% of parents don't know what goes on behind closed doors and in practice but they all think they are Bob Knights. I would challenge any of those parents to commit the time it takes to be a coach for the amount they get paid. From what I heard this was the year for Jamestown to make some noise because they had a ton of seniors.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby sekasum » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:17 pm

Same story I heard Inside Man.
sekasum
NDPreps Starter

Postby sekasum » Mon May 17, 2010 9:11 pm

Let's fire the head coach and hire some lame asst. because his daddy was a coach. Ridiculous-telling me that was the best candidate for the job. I know for a fact there were more qualified people with proven track records. Jamestown is loserville and hope you folks love getting drilled on a regular basis.
sekasum
NDPreps Starter

Postby devilfanatic23 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:48 pm

sekasum.. you saying that kessler is just a "lame" assistant is ignorant and wrong. also, no one hires a coach because of what his dad accomplished 15+ years ago at MPCG. based on basketball knowledge, he is ahead of peterson, nothing against peterson but kessler can coach. jamestown will make state within 2 years with him.
devilfanatic23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Thirty » Tue May 18, 2010 11:29 pm

devilfanatic23 wrote:sekasum.. you saying that kessler is just a "lame" assistant is ignorant and wrong. also, no one hires a coach because of what his dad accomplished 15+ years ago at MPCG. based on basketball knowledge, he is ahead of peterson, nothing against peterson but kessler can coach. jamestown will make state within 2 years with him.

Agreed, Kessler is the man, he knows his stuff.
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:10 am

Devilfanatic23, I would venture to say that Jamestown does not make state in the next two years. Hope Kessler can prove me wrong.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby devilfanatic23 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:11 pm

the reason i gave it 2 years is because i dont think they will make state this coming year with the talent returning in the wda but by year two with kessler i think jamestown's class of 2012 has a very good chance of making state.
devilfanatic23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller_2010 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:41 pm

Jamestown's class of 2011 is nothing special at all, but the class of 2012 is strong and they should be able to contend for a state berth. I dunno much about Kessler so we'll see how it plays out.
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby sekasum » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:30 am

Kessler got the job because he is college buddies with the AD. He is in over his head with parents at JHS and the fact he has never done anything as a head coach to warrant being hired for the job. Good Assts hardly translate into successful head coaches. Exception is Mattern but we knew he would do well. Another poor hire by a school that is clueless in the Athletic department.
sekasum
NDPreps Starter

Postby devilfanatic23 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:53 pm

i have no idea what they base it off of at JHS for acquiring a new coach/teacher but i will guarantee it has to do more with qualifications and recommendations than the "good old boy" system of rewarding your friends. Again, i truly hope kessler makes you eat your words. I know people around the williston boys basketball program and many of them claim kessler was the most knowlegdable of the coaches which have proven to be much better than Jamestown's, there is no argument there. Learn to appreciate this upgrade jamestown before you run this coach out of town.
devilfanatic23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller_2010 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:01 pm

Where's all your hate coming from sekasum? Don't just say you're expressing an opinion, because you're putting some pretty good charge into your words.
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:55 am

Jamestown High School is not going to be successful in basketball. It won't happen. Deal with it.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:14 pm

I should have been more clear. Jamestown High School class of 2012 will not win a state championship.

Good luck proving me wrong.

P.S. I hate on Jamestown because the players are cocky and continually get nothing done.

BHS is cocky and BHS wins. Can't hate on that.
JHS is cocky and JHS loses. I can hate on that.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby powercat » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:30 pm

First off you aren't in high school so you shouldn't hate on a high school basketball team that is of no direct connection to you. Second off Characterizing an entire school as Cocky is a terrible lack of judgment. Every school has there cocky athletes and their humble athletes. Considering 80% of the talk on this forum is about mandan, bismarck high, and bismarck century i would characterize that as being cocky. And as far as I'm concerned Bismarck high is the only dominant winning team of the three. You can hate on any school you want i guess, but you have to come up with a better reason than you have supplied. Also picksix said that jamestown highschool 2012 would be succesful. If you see being successful as winning a championship than they probably won't be. But i believe they can finish well above .500 and make a run at state. Try not to make assumptions on players you have admitted to know little about.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:57 pm

I really don't need to come up with a better reason than I have supplied. I talk to people in basketball circles. This Jamestown class of 2012 is as cocky as they come. Not many players would talk trash to multiple returning all staters, but I know for a fact that an individual in the Jamestown class of 2012 has done so on multiple occasions.

I also find it very cocky that individuals from a team come on a website like this and guarantee that they will have a Mr. Basketball winner and a state championship.

I do not think Jamestown 2012 will make state. I also don't really care. If they make state, they will do nothing when they get there.

Most of the talk on this forum is about BHS, MHS, and CHS. BHS, MHS, and CHS are successful. Jamestown is not. If Jamestown did something and then talked about how good they are, I would have no problems. BHS can be cocky because they are good. So can Century. So can Mandan. 45-5 over 2 years is pretty dominant.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby powercat » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Basketball circles really?

1.There was never a guarantee of a Mr. basketball, only that a certain individual should be in the discussion
2.There was never a guarantee of a state championship only that the team of 2012 will have alot more success than the team of 2011
3.You have state before that you wouldn't be surpised if mandan 2012 went undefeated.. how is this different?
4. Apparently you do care if they do make state as you are so against everything that is being said
5. There is a whole season before 2012 alot can change in that amount of time..for the better or for the worse
6. Bismarck won 5 state titles this year do not put mandan and century in the same discussion.
7. There was a post made late last year about how mandan's quarterback was just as good as esley thortan... by your logic i should think all mandan athletes are cocky for making this post
8. a 2 year stretch in one sport does not make a school dominant, maybe you are just trying to single out basketball here but there are other sports.
9. You were hating on jamestown way before the sophmore (upcoming junior) class started talking themselves up. So there has to be more than the above stated reason.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:56 pm

Yes.

1. He has done nothing to deserve to be in the discussion, yet.
2. You have not read all of this discussion. There was a guarantee of a state berth.
3. I do not play for Mandan 2012. I'm not predicting myself to go undefeated. I also won't be surpised if Mandan 2012 does go undefeated.
4. I do not care if they make state. Making state and actually competing for a championship are two completely different things.
5. I know this.
6. This is a discussion about basketball. Football, wrestling, and cross country interest me in no way. I like track. That said, this discussion is about basketball.
7. The individual who made that post plays zero sports. By my logic, that individual is not intelligent.
8. I am singling basketball out. The other sports do not matter in this discussion.
9. I did not hate on Jamestown before the 2012 kids talked about how good they are going to be. I predicted 2010 to make state.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby devilfanatic23 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:35 pm

1. balla45 to be fair that was me who predicted a state birth. by no means do i think JHS will win a state title. with fischer willert anderson and willert returning that year i believe they have a very decent chance of advancing with kessler now at the helm. however a lot can change like you
both mentioned so time will tell.

2. powercat- balla45 is not being cocky by saying mandan's 2012 year will go undefeated. they are that good. many of them would've been starting elsewhere in the state but they were behind a very very good group of seniors. Also, 45-5 is impressive especially considering they did it in the wda yet still challenging the likes of fargo north and west fargo who are the top of the Edc. correct me if im wrong but i believe they are undefeated at home the past 2 seasons. Balla45 has a state title ring and you dont. he has a right to
be cocky

with all this being said.. in 2012 i could see mandan beating jamestown by 20+.
devilfanatic23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby powercat » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:51 am

predicting a team 2 years out will go undefeated is cocky. Thank you for admitting that it was you that guaranteed a state birth. Baller45's story has changed from prediction that jamestown will win state to jamestown will make state to a jamestown person didn't even say any of that. You mentioned willer twice so i take it you meant thorsean for one of those names. A high school sports program cycles every 4 years. And since most kids don't start playing varsity till there sophomore or Jr. year its more like every 2 to 3 years. So what a team does for two season could be completely different to the upcoming. Also i find it strange that since jamestown's younger classes came on here and talked themselves up people are hating on the entire jamestown team. If a mandan freshman came on here and guaranteed a whole bunch of stuff, im pretty sure people wouldn't hate on all of mandan. I would also be more impressed if you went undefeated on the road. When you win a state championship one year, runner up the next and go 45-5 you shouldn't lose at home. I've seen reffing at jamestown home games and im pretty sure other places are very similar. Im sure there are people on that mandan team that played very limited time and have a ring ,can they be cocky?. Also seeing as i just graduated from highschool, highschool championships aren't that impressive to me anymore.

with all this being said.... mandan was predicted to beat jamestown by 30+ opening night last year and i believe they won by 8 so i think i will just wait until the game actually happens in a year and a half
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:20 am

My story didn't change. Devinfanatic23 is not the only individual to give Jamestown a predicted state berth. BabyJames did this as well.

High school sports program's really don't cycle every four years. You see the same teams making state year after year.

I know who posts. I hate on the people who talk themselves up. If you are good, other people will talk about you. If you are not good, you talk yourself up.

Obviously it would be more impressive if Mandan went undefeated on the road, but then they would need to be 50-0 for the last two seasons.

We are not cocky. I'm really not that cocky. I'm realistic.

All of us, with the exception of Coyle have graduated from high school. The 2009 championship was years ago. We no longer play high school basketball. High school championships are still very impressive to me.

With all that being said, Mandan has been predicted to beat Jamestown every game since Jamestown came to the WDA in 2007. Mandan is now 10-0 against this team.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys