Mr. Basketball

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Will Be Mr. Basketball?

Bryan Kielpinski
12%
Adam Randall
62%
Nik Savageau
18%
Grant Singer
9%

Total votes : 34

Re: Mr. Basketball

Postby Indy5 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:42 pm

alexanderthegreat wrote:
InsideMan wrote:Here is my final take. He is a really good not great player. Very well rounded. Will prob. play NAIA unless he really dedicates himself in the weight room and playing against better players then he might be able to make in D2. My point is that if that is the best player then God help us. No players out of this year's class can play on the D2 level? Im not couting USF yet untill they actually play a D2 schedule. :)

Im going to have to disagree with you on this one. I believe Matt Yale will have a great career at point guard for Minot State (who is on their way to D2). Really under-rated player before people saw him play at state.

I don't think he can play the point in college. He might be able to play a 2 but even that would be tough. He just isn't fast enough. He was an awesome high school player, but I don't think he has a game that can translate to college that well.

And Minot State is in the same situation that Sioux Falls is so they don't qualify for him.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:43 pm

yeah I agree. I'm not going to consider Minot st. and USF D2 untill they are in the conference and eligible for post season. Doesn't appear there are any seniors that would be able to play. Nik is the closest.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:41 am

Randall 48 votes
Savageau 46 votes
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:50 am

InsideMan wrote:My arguement is with their competiton. Its apples to oranges. The majority of the players that he plays against are a bunch of meat balls. Granted that isn't his fault but I just think that it is really hard to compare the two.

Ok, so I shouldn't have said that he isn't close to the best player but he isn't the best. No way.

A bunch of "meat balls"? He played against alot of quality kids this year, I went to the WDA when it was in Bismarck, there were alot of good players there, but there are also alot of kids you would call "meat balls". Adam deserved the award, Singer deserved to be a finalist, Sav. and Kilpinski (i know i butchered the spelling) were very good players who also deserved the recognition. Good Luck to all 4 in their college careers (Singer in Fball, the rest in Basketball and maybe Baseball in Randalls case, not sure if he's doing both).
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:56 am

The Schwab wrote:
InsideMan wrote:My arguement is with their competiton. Its apples to oranges. The majority of the players that he plays against are a bunch of meat balls. Granted that isn't his fault but I just think that it is really hard to compare the two.

Ok, so I shouldn't have said that he isn't close to the best player but he isn't the best. No way.

A bunch of "meat balls"? He played against alot of quality kids this year, I went to the WDA when it was in Bismarck, there were alot of good players there, but there are also alot of kids you would call "meat balls". Adam deserved the award, Singer deserved to be a finalist, Sav. and Kilpinski (i know i butchered the spelling) were very good players who also deserved the recognition. Good Luck to all 4 in their college careers (Singer in Fball, the rest in Basketball and maybe Baseball in Randalls case, not sure if he's doing both).

I'm guessing he will just play Basketball in college, hes a good baseball player but i dont think he will play at the college level.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Yes points so with another 1st place vote, would have tied.
then of course it his awarded by a 2 out of 3 rock paper scissors.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InsideMan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:29 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

I'm guessing he will just play Basketball in college, hes a good baseball player but i dont think he will play at the college level.

I'm just saying that there is a big difference between A & B. That doesn't mean that B doesn't have some good players. On the average that skill level is alot lower which is due to the limited talent pool that the coaches have to choose from. For that reason I think that a class B kid should really have to blow away the competiton to win the award. With all that said, Congrats to the kid played well and almost got his team to the 'ship which actually means alot in my book. I wish them the best and I hope that they represent ND basketball to the best of their abilities. Any idea where Randall is looking at playing?
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Mary.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:15 am

is he being offered? The would have plenty of spots for him - they did sign 3 in the early period which is great including one from de la salle in the cities which would be an amazing pipeline. The need to focus on some big fellas now! kind of suprised they would burn some scholly $ on another guard being that they start with limited amount of schollys in the first place. Maybe he can learn from willy for a year.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:17 am

Yes. He was down to Mary and Minot State and with Hultz being canned, I find it unlikely that he will still go to Minot. He played with Bakkum in 8th grade and his freshman year, and I think Mary will be a good fit for him.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 am

well he is going to obviously going to redshirt right? He must not be on alot of scholarship then.

On a side not I have always gotten along with hultz but since he was canned I have been talking to some people and there were some issues that I didn't know about that made me rethink my stance on him. Too bad he got let go though.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:28 am

I don't know enough to comment on his redshirt situation. I can't imagine his scholarship being small, but this is not the type of thing I would ask someone. This is speculation, my former teammates in Minot tell me that a coach or something of the sort has already been picked, so if it is a good one, Randall at Minot State is still a possibility.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:39 am

who is potentially the new coach? that should be interesting. I would be willing to bet that the scholarship isn't that big because they didn't have alot of scholarship $ graduating and they already have 3 kids signed. Either way I really like it when they build the team with local players and sprinkle in a couple out of staters. Mary should have their pick of players because UND is a mess and you have to be really special to play at ndsu so mary should, if they want, have the rest. Hopefully there is a big junior out there haha.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby eyeinthesky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:27 am

balla45 wrote:I don't know enough to comment on his redshirt situation. I can't imagine his scholarship being small, but this is not the type of thing I would ask someone. This is speculation, my former teammates in Minot tell me that a coach or something of the sort has already been picked, so if it is a good one, Randall at Minot State is still a possibility.

I would say speculation at best. I don't believe that this job has yet to even be posted. Somebody being picked before the position is even posted would NOT be a good thing. I find this very hard to believe.
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:36 am

What it might be is them meeting with Hedberg. Hinton told me they were meeting with the new coach to discuss all of their scholarships, but it definately could be Hedberg.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby luvsports » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:44 am

Pete Stewart is the name I heard from the Minot athletic staff to be the new coach. I know he applied for the Mary job....don't know too much about his background.
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby eyeinthesky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:11 am

luvsports wrote:Pete Stewart is the name I heard from the Minot athletic staff to be the new coach. I know he applied for the Mary job....don't know too much about his background.

Pete is one of the names being mentioned by most people. I just don't think anything has been done to fill this position yet.
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby hardcharger » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:14 pm

roundem6 wrote:Savageau is best.

when are you going to understand mr. basketball is more then just stats, there are untangibales involved. example the only time i say randell play was at the state tourney, when one of randalls team mates made a mistake he went up to them and patted them on the back and said get it next time, but if savageaus team mates make a mistake he rolls his eyes or shakes his head in disgust and gets them taken out of the game. that is called an attude problem. i would take randall over savague any time.
hardcharger
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:23 pm

HAHA you are joking right? either this or you have not watched Savageau enough. And I would like to know how you think Nik runs the substitutes on North? that is ridiculous haha. Nik is stronger, faster, and can jump way higher so I will take him.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hardcharger » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:45 pm

roundem6 wrote:HAHA you are joking right? either this or you have not watched Savageau enough. And I would like to know how you think Nik runs the substitutes on North? that is ridiculous haha. Nik is stronger, faster, and can jump way higher so I will take him.

once again your not getting it, he does control subs by his actions on the court. when he runs by schultis he shakes his head or says something to him and out comes that player that my friend is an atitude, and not once did i ever see randall do this, that is a team player.
hardcharger
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:54 pm

haha ya and shultis just jumps right on that. Nothin close to an attitude problem.
So you would take randall over him because he pats the other players on the back? He must be the only one who's ever done that!!!+
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hardcharger » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:39 pm

roundem6 wrote:haha ya and shultis just jumps right on that. Nothin close to an attitude problem.
So you would take randall over him because he pats the other players on the back? He must be the only one who's ever done that!!!+

yes schultis does do that he did it all year, and yes i would take a player such as randall for that very reason.
hardcharger
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:04 pm

So Randall has pats on the back.
Nik has quickness, jumps, and strength.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:35 pm

I am a huge Savegeau fan and I think he is a great player and always thought he got a bad rap for his attitude. Listening to Roundem talk him up and worship him the way he does without listening to anyone else's opinion makes me think twice about him. Seriously Roundem, you are hurting Sav by being completely irrational on this board and I truely believe that you are making people that were on the fence about him NOT be his supporter because you are so rediculously irrational. I admire you for sticking up for your buddy but there comes a point where you just let it go...
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:42 pm

If people are making an opinion on what I post on this site, they have problems.
The attitude problem people talk about is just garbage and if someone tells me they would take Randall, or anyone for that matter, over Nik for that "problem" I am gonna say something.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys