Mr. Basketball

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Will Be Mr. Basketball?

Bryan Kielpinski
12%
Adam Randall
62%
Nik Savageau
18%
Grant Singer
9%

Total votes : 34

Mr. Basketball

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:07 pm

Disappointed to see Luke left off.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: Mr. Basketball

Postby roundem6 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:33 am

Sav SHOULD win.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Gatorade Player of the Year.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cityleaguer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:37 pm

Gatorade Player of the Year Doesn't mean automatic for Mr. Basketball....Tate Kick was Gatorade a couple years ago and Qvale still won Mr. Basketball...I live in Fargo but used to live in Dickinson so I've seen the whole state and what talent there is....I've watched Savageau and he is an awesome player (not near the player Hanstad "IS" or will "CONTINUE" to be) but I think he's got a great shot at Mr. Basketball this year...media likes to give the award to bigs though....Koenig (no championship Sr. year but won Jr. Year), Moormann (no championship Sr. year but won Jr. Year) Qvale (No championship ever), and Dufault (no championships)...Kielpinski seems to fall into this category of winning Jr. year but no Sr. year (none of the others even made state their Sr. years except Brian) but his numbers are a bit lower than these individuals. Should be a good competition...
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InsideMan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:59 pm

should be interesting but Kielpinski isn't close to being on the same level that moorman, koenig, or qvale was. They would have dominated him - no contest. Too bad there aren't any good post players any more because a great post player is a thing of beauty.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:40 pm

cityleaguer wrote:Gatorade Player of the Year Doesn't mean automatic for Mr. Basketball....Tate Kick was Gatorade a couple years ago and Qvale still won Mr. Basketball...I live in Fargo but used to live in Dickinson so I've seen the whole state and what talent there is....I've watched Savageau and he is an awesome player (not near the player Hanstad "IS" or will "CONTINUE" to be) but I think he's got a great shot at Mr. Basketball this year...media likes to give the award to bigs though....Koenig (no championship Sr. year but won Jr. Year), Moormann (no championship Sr. year but won Jr. Year) Qvale (No championship ever), and Dufault (no championships)...Kielpinski seems to fall into this category of winning Jr. year but no Sr. year (none of the others even made state their Sr. years except Brian) but his numbers are a bit lower than these individuals. Should be a good competition...

Yes I know but this certainly cant hurt his chances.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InsideMan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:23 am

I hope randall doesn't win. Its nothing against the kid personally but I hate it when class B players have a decent year and the media goes crazy because they score 20 pts a game. Class A to class B is night and day, apples and oranges. Alot of those Class B team are the equivalent to a sophomore A team. Randall is a good player but he isn't close to the best player in the state. Wake up people.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:01 am

InsideMan wrote:I hope randall doesn't win. Its nothing against the kid personally but I hate it when class B players have a decent year and the media goes crazy because they score 20 pts a game. Class A to class B is night and day, apples and oranges. Alot of those Class B team are the equivalent to a sophomore A team. Randall is a good player but he isn't close to the best player in the state. Wake up people.

You can't be serious. Nowhere close to the best player in the state? I think he is as close to Hanstad as anybody. A decent year? He averaged about 25 and 10 for his career. Multiple NAIA and Division 2 offers.

I hope you have only seen him play yesterday or have not seen him at all. This kid is a stud. If Randall played in Class A he would score 20 a game, easily.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:07 am

InsideMan wrote:I hope randall doesn't win. Its nothing against the kid personally but I hate it when class B players have a decent year and the media goes crazy because they score 20 pts a game. Class A to class B is night and day, apples and oranges. Alot of those Class B team are the equivalent to a sophomore A team. Randall is a good player but he isn't close to the best player in the state. Wake up people.

wow...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:37 am

baseball wrote:

wow...

wow again...not just a decent year, but a great player with a great career. There are so many outstanding Class B players, and many don't get to recognized because it is so hard to get to the State Tournament. You have to be pretty talented to carry a team to a top level. Even the most talented Class A players don't know what that is like.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby InsideMan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:20 pm

My arguement is with their competiton. Its apples to oranges. The majority of the players that he plays against are a bunch of meat balls. Granted that isn't his fault but I just think that it is really hard to compare the two.

Ok, so I shouldn't have said that he isn't close to the best player but he isn't the best. No way.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvmyb » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:18 pm

InsideMan wrote:The majority of the players that he plays against are a bunch of meat balls.

And one more time WOW. Why so bitter, better look inside yourself InsideMan.
luvmyb
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Class A and Class B comparison isn't even fair. Randall is good but if Nik played class B he would average 30 and 12.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:18 pm

roundem6 wrote:Class A and Class B comparison isn't even fair. Randall is good but if Nik played class B he would average 30 and 12.

Thats about what Randall averages. He gets 26 a game, could have more but was hampered with a foot injury earlier in the year. I know he gets 10 boards a game and I'm pretty sure he gets about 10 assists too. So averaging a triple double with 26 a game being your point total, I would say is enough to classify him as an elite talent.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:53 pm

He is an eilite talent but the question is whether he is the best or not. I will be watching the game tonight. maybe I will be eating my words between two pieces of bread!
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Savageau is best.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:48 pm

Hanstad is best. It isn't close. Every coach in the state in high school or college will tell you the same.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:13 pm

well considering Hanstad isn't up for Mr. Basketball this year, think I'll stick with Savageau.
Mr. Basketball Adam Randall lookin good tonight.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:22 pm

I take it you have never seen Randall play before this game. Is this correct?

On a sidenote, these candidates are not legit at all. I'm sorry, but Grant Singer is not one of the 4 best seniors in North Dakota. I'll take Schreiner, Eiken, Morey, Roemmich, even Govig over him. Not a fan of this candidate list. Either go with 3 or go with 5-7.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:40 pm

I have but I haven't seen alot of him - this is prob the best stage to evaluate him. The problem I keep running into is the canidates aren't competing on a level playing field. I know that is the way it has always been and will be but it won't stop from bugging me ha.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby InsideMan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:24 pm

Here is my final take. He is a really good not great player. Very well rounded. Will prob. play NAIA unless he really dedicates himself in the weight room and playing against better players then he might be able to make in D2. My point is that if that is the best player then God help us. No players out of this year's class can play on the D2 level? Im not couting USF yet untill they actually play a D2 schedule. :)
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Randall hasn't had an outstanding tournament so far. Kinda like Malzer last year. He had a tough time tonight because of Berthold's size. They had a 6'4'' athletic kid on him with a 6'3'' lengthy kid and 2 6'1'' kids who only play defense waiting for him. Also, every time he was dribbling a 5'5'' kid came crawling in trying to take it. Berthold's game plan was hold Randall under 30 and we win.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby nc » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Adam Randall Wins Mr Basketball
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby InsideMan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:58 am

congrats to him.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby alexanderthegreat » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:04 pm

InsideMan wrote:Here is my final take. He is a really good not great player. Very well rounded. Will prob. play NAIA unless he really dedicates himself in the weight room and playing against better players then he might be able to make in D2. My point is that if that is the best player then God help us. No players out of this year's class can play on the D2 level? Im not couting USF yet untill they actually play a D2 schedule. :)

Im going to have to disagree with you on this one. I believe Matt Yale will have a great career at point guard for Minot State (who is on their way to D2). Really under-rated player before people saw him play at state.
Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear.
alexanderthegreat
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys