Bismarck Dominance

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Bismarck Dominance

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:07 pm

Oh, Mark Wald, the Mandan basketball program begins at age 5. So I didn't come into the Mandan basketball program. Wow.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mtn Dew » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:20 pm

So your saying balla45 was adopted so that he would play basketball in Mandan, thats a joke.
Mtn Dew
NDPreps Rookie

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:23 pm

balla45 wrote:Oh, Mark Wald, the Mandan basketball program begins at age 5. So I didn't come into the Mandan basketball program. Wow.

Well you wouldn't have moved here if you weren't adopted. That's what I'm trying to get at.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:26 pm

Mtn Dew wrote:So your saying balla45 was adopted so that he would play basketball in Mandan, thats a joke.

I agree what I'm saying is stupid. But most of the posts in this thread talking about how Bismarck gets "recruits" are stupid as well. Get my point.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mtn Dew » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:28 pm

This whole topic is stupid.
Mtn Dew
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:29 pm

My situation and Jalen Finley's, for example, are not comparable.

This topic really isn't stupid. People are angry that BHS gets transfers that end up being the deciding factor in their run to a championship.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:53 pm

This topic IS stupid. You can argue about it all you want Jordan. Bismarck got 1 player that truely helped the team out and every one including you get's stuff. Mandan girls get how many and i'm sure you were just fine with it.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:56 pm

Why is it stupid? Is it fair to the other 8 coaches in the WDA that they work with kids from grade school on up to get screwed over by a coach that cheats?

Do you realize that almost everyone hated Mandan girl's and Amundson?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 pm

balla45 wrote:Why is it stupid? Is it fair to the other 8 coaches in the WDA that they work with kids from grade school on up to get screwed over by a coach that cheats?

Do you realize that almost everyone hated Mandan girl's and Amundson?

So they start getting a couple kid last season in which only one really helps and miller cheats. Get over it and move on. Bismarck was great before this and they'll be great after this group of kids coming in are gone. Ask yourself this when was the last time Bismarck got a kid in that really helped the team. Almost never.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Good to see with your first sentence that you are starting to see reality.

When was the last time Bismarck got a kid in that really helped the team? Two years ago. Jalen Finley.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:22 pm

balla45 wrote:Good to see with your first sentence that you are starting to see reality.

When was the last time Bismarck got a kid in that really helped the team? Two years ago. Jalen Finley.

First I wasn't implying that Miller cheats. I was saying that after all these years in being a great program that getting a couple of kids from other schools he is cheating. Get real. Can you name someone other than Jalen. I hear you saying that kids from other schools get calls from Bismarck. Do I like it. No. Because I'd rather have the kids from Bismarck High getting playing time and winning championships on their own without any other kids from other schools helping out big time like Finley has. They have won 11 titles without help. How many can your girls program say the have without help. I'd have to say not to many.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:27 pm

"I was saying that after all these years in being a great program that getting a couple of kids from other schools he is cheating." You said this, then you said "get real."

This is confusing. You acknowledge that he cheats but imply that it doesn't matter. Is that what you are trying to do?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:35 pm

Yeah it doesn't matter. Get over it and try not to cry to much. I'm not here to please you.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:37 pm

You just lost all of your credibility, so not much, but it is lost. As long as you are ok with cheating, your opinions don't matter. I have no reason to cry. I'm not sure why you are here.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:37 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:
balla45 wrote:Good to see with your first sentence that you are starting to see reality.

First I wasn't implying that Miller cheats. I was saying that after all these years in being a great program that getting a couple of kids from other schools he is cheating. Get real. Can you name someone other than Jalen. I hear you saying that kids from other schools get calls from Bismarck. Do I like it. No. Because I'd rather have the kids from Bismarck High getting playing time and winning championships on their own without any other kids from other schools helping out big time like Finley has. They have won 11 titles without help. How many can your girls program say the have without help. I'd have to say not to many.

We all would like to see only bhs kids playing on the bhs team because that is the way it is supposed to be that isn't what happened and it is obvious to everybody. We all know that miller puts on bogus basketball camps in order to evaluate players. We all know he tried to get ***** to come to BHS. He isn't respected amongst coaches and he doesn't have my respect either (not that my respect really means anything but I digress) for things that have happend beyond the recruiting of players. BHS wouldn't have won the championship last year with out finley and I am confused as to why his sister went to mandan and he went to bhs. Does anybody have a good feeling about the bhs team this year and how they won? I loved how esley stepped up but im talking about the entire product.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:43 pm

balla45 wrote:You just lost all of your credibility, so not much, but it is lost. As long as you are ok with cheating, your opinions don't matter. I have no reason to cry. I'm not sure why you are here.

I don't care if I lost all of my credibility on some message board.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:45 pm

That is good for me to know. I was just making sure you knew that you had no credibility.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:57 pm

balla45 wrote:That is good for me to know. I was just making sure you knew that you had no credibility.

When you say Bismarck wouldn't have won without Finley and Mandan would've only lost 2 games and 2 championships with him. Even though it's true that would happen it makes you look like an man. Your just mad he ditched your school.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:59 pm

If Jalen Finley stayed at Parshall and did not play Class A basketball, Mandan would have gone 48-2 and won 2 state championships.

How does this make me look like an a--?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:08 pm

But they didn't and jalen helped Bismarck win ONE title. I'll ask you again, how many title did the Mandan Braves girls team win with ALL the HELP they got. I'd say 4-5.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Let's see? They would not have won the title without Marlee Finley. So I'd say 1, maybe 2. You seem to forget that both Kielpinskis and Collins were HUGE factors in those titles.

Not sure why this matters as almost noone respected the way Mandan won.

I'll ask you again. What makes me look like an a--?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:14 pm

This is from years ago.

Ming01 wrote:
Honus355 wrote:It goes the same way with basketball on the boys side...Bismarck High is notorious for getting tranfers in. Russ Archambault tranfered to BHS. I would like you to ask Century and Mandan boys coaches what they feel about that...b/c everyone knows that people want to win in HS sports...and if there is a choice of where to live, WHICH THERE IS, parents want their children to go to successful programs.

Wanna know why Archambault went to BHS? Because Steve Miller bought him an apartment to live in while he went to school there. I know a lot of people that have been called and persuaded by BHS coaches to go there to play. I know someone personally who goes there now and was called up numerous times to play there when they attended another school. I know for a fact that many players that used to play for St. Mary's and a few from Century were called up to try and come to BHS, but they didnt fall for it. They wanted to stay loyal to their own school. Im not also saying that Mandan recruits, because I dont have any facts on that.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby oldcoach2 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Personally I dont think one kid moving from one town to another will make or break high school basketball team. Lets say Finley moves from Parshall to Jamestown I dont think Jamestown would win the state title this year. Did he make a HUGE impact on the season for the Braves and Demons yes he did.

BUT Mandan was a very high quality team in a relatively small Class A school taking the best kids from their school distirct and made a great run. While Bismarck on the otherhand is able to get top players from 2 large high schools to choose from. the kids that live in Bismarck ANYWHERE can attend BHS. BHS attracts the top players due to good coaches and tradition and Century has to settle for what they get. THIS will change in the near future with Mathern coaching @ CHS

The problem of outside recuiting will not really be seen until they stop the internal recuiting is stopped Then BHS will need to go out of town more to find talent LOL
oldcoach2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iluvit » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:20 am

Mauer, you also have to realize Esley Thorton and Dexter Werner were "HUGE factors" Part of BHS's title run. So that really didnt make sense on your part.
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:29 am

iluvit wrote:Mauer, you also have to realize Esley Thorton and Dexter Werner were "HUGE factors" Part of BHS's title run. So that really didnt make sense on your part.

I realize that both Esley and Dexter are 4 year varsity players and both all state caliber.

Which part didn't make sense? That I don't think BHS would have won state, a game they won by 3, without their first team all state transfer playing?

Were you talking about my post about the girls team? I think Mandan wins state without Kayla Rogers. I think they have 1 or 2 less titles in their run, because they might not have won without Marlee. That made sense.

MHS
07-08 = Collins and Finley. Without Finley, Mandan probably does not win state.
06-07 = Kielpinski, Finley, Collins, Kraft. Without Finley, Mandan still wins state.
05-06 = Kielpinski, Kelsch, Rogers, Schleicher, Kraft, Collins. Without Rogers, Mandan still wins state.
04-05 and prior = Kielpinski, Kielpinski. Mandan still wins state.

BHS
09-10 = Finley, Werner, Thorton. Without Finley, Mandan wins state.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys