Bismarck Dominance

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Bismarck Dominance

Postby Baller » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:51 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
Baller wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:Your points are valid. In fact, for years, people would not build in North Fargo because of similar issues such as flooding and the airport. They never really discouraged transferring between schools until the Osgood Development in South Fargo brought in so many families, and South got so overcrowded. School boards will NEVER discourage or encourage building in their town anywhere. That is bad business.

Ummmmm the Osgood Development goes to West Fargo so your point is invalid.

I know the 1st Additions and Charleswood are in West Fargo, but I was informed that some of the later Additions were in Fargo. I do know that it is a big development project and have brought in many families who have their kids in the Fargo school district.

No...They have fargo addresses but are a part of the west fargo school district. Look it up!
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:55 am

Baller wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:
Baller wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:Your points are valid. In fact, for years, people would not build in North Fargo because of similar issues such as flooding and the airport. They never really discouraged transferring between schools until the Osgood Development in South Fargo brought in so many families, and South got so overcrowded. School boards will NEVER discourage or encourage building in their town anywhere. That is bad business.

I know the 1st Additions and Charleswood are in West Fargo, but I was informed that some of the later Additions were in Fargo. I do know that it is a big development project and have brought in many families who have their kids in the Fargo school district.

No...They have fargo addresses but are a part of the west fargo school district. Look it up!

I will believe you, and inform my friends there that their kids don't really go to Fargo South.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:19 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
Baller wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:
Baller wrote:

I will believe you, and inform my friends there that their kids don't really go to Fargo South.

Do it...or else inform them that they do not live in Osgood.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby iluvit » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:07 pm

The reason for Bismarcks Dominance is the coaching. Mark Gibson, Steve Miller, and Dave Zittleman all great coaches that push their kids extremely hard. For Century the coaches (exculding Mattern) are soft on their players which makes them soft athletes. And only the Basketball team had "shadiness" to it mark gibson or zittleman didnt "recruit" any kids and they are always on top. The reason why the coaching is realvent is because at least when I was in Middle school horizon dominated at everything, absoultely killed everyone they played. And then come high school those kids just dont seem to improve and Bismarcks kids do. Also from a football stand point Bismarck high is basically required to lift if they dont they are frowned apon by the coaches and from my sorces century kids have the "option" to lift meaning they dont have to meaning only 5 to 10 kids show up to lift consistantly. So those are the reason not the athletes (although athletes do have some part) its mostly coaching.
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby InsideMan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:37 am

So having Jalen finley doesn't do anything for them? Nobody is questioning whether they work hard or not. Football is very different from basketball. This would be a basketball message board so lets keep the posts relevant.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby northdakotamom » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:48 am

It is very well known that Steve Miller recruits! If I would be the other coaches I would really be ticked at his actions year after year. Guess he must have some pull somewhere along the line or just because his name is Steve Miller. He loves the attention he gets from his stuff that he pulls.
northdakotamom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby InsideMan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:39 pm

The other coaches are very upset but the problem is how to prove that it. There would have to be hard proof that the kid went to the school because of what he said to the kid and not just the kid wanting to transfer there. Also, Im not exactly sure what the exact wording is in the rules against recruiting.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:45 am

The other coach's in the league are upset. Something is wrong with this
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby northdakotamom » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:52 am

There is definitely something wrong with this picture with Miller. Shouldn't he be close to retirement? Don't know how he can sleep at night!
northdakotamom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:05 pm

you guys are just mad that BHS is good year after year. I suppose your gonna start saying that Gibson recruited Poitra to play football for bismarck as well? come on just give them some credit for winning state instead of making excuses of why they win.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:05 pm

They don't win state without Jalen Finley. It is understandable that people are mad that BHS wins because they don't win with Bismarck players. No one complained when Martinez, Ulmer, Thorton, Baumgartner, and Malm won, because those players are Bismarck players.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:22 pm

balla45 wrote:They don't win state without Jalen Finley. It is understandable that people are mad that BHS wins because they don't win with Bismarck players. No one complained when Martinez, Ulmer, Thorton, Baumgartner, and Malm won, because those players are Bismarck players.

Speaking of Ulmer, Where is he going to school next year?
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:36 pm

Baller wrote:
balla45 wrote:They don't win state without Jalen Finley. It is understandable that people are mad that BHS wins because they don't win with Bismarck players. No one complained when Martinez, Ulmer, Thorton, Baumgartner, and Malm won, because those players are Bismarck players.

Speaking of Ulmer, Where is he going to school next year?

Or Luke, I know Minot State was looking at him.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Not sure about Mike, Luke is going D1 to Wyoming.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:05 pm

balla45 wrote:Not sure about Mike, Luke is going D1 to Wyoming.

Rats... Loved watching Luke play
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby BHSrunner » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:59 pm

balla45 wrote:Not sure about Mike, Luke is going D1 to Wyoming.

That's awesome. I have a lot of respect for Luke, and I've always thought he could play D-1.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby oldcoach2 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:33 pm

Bismarck has great coaches, agreed and well known in every sport except maybe girls basketball (just my opinion)
Bismarck has great tradition long term success Football, Basketball, Track, X Country, even hockey made the finals the last 2 years!!!
You cannt deny the above statements

BUT the problem still remains the better kids are allowed to attend the school of choice and the better kids choose Bismarck plain and simple

Century could have been in the mix in a lot of sports( and Bismarck wouldnt be so dominant if the school district STOPPED the the transfers

Bismarck has the Advantage plain and simple
oldcoach2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby oldcoach2 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:35 pm

Congrats the Luke he worked hard to get to that level
Heard that he was a C team player @ Wachter Middle School, and now this, thats cool!!!!
oldcoach2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mtn Dew » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:37 am

oldcoach2 wrote:Bismarck has great coaches, agreed and well known in every sport except maybe girls basketball (just my opinion)
Bismarck has great tradition long term success Football, Basketball, Track, X Country, even hockey made the finals the last 2 years!!!

BUT the problem still remains the better kids are allowed to attend the school of choice and the better kids choose Bismarck plain and simple

Century could have been in the mix in a lot of sports( and Bismarck wouldnt be so dominant if the school district STOPPED the the transfers

Bismarck should be dominant with about 600,000 people to chose from. If they don't have someone good in bismarck they will go somewhere else to get them, which affects opponents schools twice as much, Bismarck gains a good player and someone loses one.
Mtn Dew
NDPreps Rookie

Postby oldcoach2 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:58 pm

I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!! at the VERY LEAST they could stop the intown transfers.... people do have addresses

You will have a tough time proving recuiting is going on unless someone that is recuited steps forward and thats not going to happen
oldcoach2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mtn Dew » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:14 pm

It will never be proven, and even if it would, they wouldn't even get a slap on the wrist.
Mtn Dew
NDPreps Rookie

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:36 pm

Mtn Dew wrote:
oldcoach2 wrote:Bismarck has great coaches, agreed and well known in every sport except maybe girls basketball (just my opinion)

Bismarck should be dominant with about 600,000 people to chose from. If they don't have someone good in bismarck they will go somewhere else to get them, which affects opponents schools twice as much, Bismarck gains a good player and someone loses one.

Really. Just get over it. Your just jealous that your school doesn't have a basketball program like Bismarck High does.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby oldcoach2 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:33 pm

quote]Really. Just get over it. Your just jealous that your school doesn't have a basketball program like Bismarck High does.[[/quote]

Thats kind of funny!!!!!!, for 2 reasons, I live in the Bismarck area and I tend to follow BHS sports more so than the other schools in town. I dont really have a school afilation. I just think its unfair looking at the WDA and even state that kids from Williston, St Marys, or Dickinson are struggling against the bigger schools in the first place and Bismarck Public schools continues to allow kids the move from school to the other without any limits and that allows the BHS to Dominate and the smaller schools will pay the price every time. I just want to see a fair playing field for all. Minot should have 2 high schools with the number of kids in that area but they dont and that limits the number kids that can play in A basketball while bismarck has roughly the same number of kids with 2 high schools and the problem is the school district allows kids to go the school of choice and that creates the ability of BHS dominating by pulling the top kids and they still get to live in the fancy house and the north end of town. BHS would not be so great year in and year out if the school district stopped the tranfering at free will.
oldcoach2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:14 pm

To clear up your point about Minot needing a second high school.

Bismarck area schools:
Bismarck High:1,362
Century:1,080
St. Mary's:312
Shiloh:91
Total:2,845

Minot area schools:
Minot High:1,812
Bishop Ryan:156
Our Redeemer's:61
Total:2,029

I think they probably do need another one, but the point is that Minot and West Fargo are bigger than BHS but yet BHS does much better in sports. Maybe, it's a good program. Speaking of West Fargo, I'll go ahead and show the Fargo schools because someone said that Bismarck has more kids.

Fargo area schools:
South(This is counting Davies too. For some reason they were lumped together):2,113
North:1,106
Shanley:336
Oak Grove:166
Total:3,721
And if you want to count West Fargo:1,464
That puts the total at:5,185
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:47 pm

They are lumped together because they are still one school. Also, Fargo and west Fargo are two seperate cities. People need to learn that. If u lump them together then you can lump bismarck and mandan together too.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys