Bismarck Dominance

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Bismarck Dominance

Postby squeak63 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:48 am

balla45 wrote:
powercat wrote:First off i have to highly doubt the credibility of some of these accusations. If Miller actually did buy a player an apartment he would not be coaching anymore. I doubt that people on ndpreps know all the "Down Low" facts about these things. I'm sure administrators and officials have looked into these things and they would have been addressed. Also if an entire family moves it is more than likely not just based off of athletics. I do find it odd that a strong group of athletes has come to Bismarck in the last few years. However basketball is not the only sport recieving these athletes.

And if it was just as easy as recruiting, then according to most people's logic bismarck would win state every year. During the state tournament they did a profile on Finley and he put in a lot of time AFTER he got to bhs. So he became a better player at bhs and that has nothing to do with recruiting players.

I feel that this is only a problem because they won. It wasnt a problem last year when mandan won. Im sure that if Finley came to mandan there would be some huge backstory about how mandan stumbled upon a gem. But since he went to bismarck there must be foul play. I dont get it

Which allegations do you doubt? The only thing I have talked about Miller doing is contacting a Mandan player, because I know that is fact.

Go ask your local head coach about the Archambault situation and see what you find out.

If Finley would have gone to Mandan, there couldn't have been foul play because Mandan didn't have a coach. Finley averaged 23 points per as a sophomore. No hidden gem. Trust me.

I respect his work ethic alot. He is actually one of my favorite players to play with, I'm no Jalen Finley hater, I'm just being realistic. They would not have won the championship if Jalen was not there. Basically, Jalen Finley cost Mandan a title.

It isn't because he went to Bismarck that there must be foul play, it is because foul play happened that there is foul play.

i am not by any means saying that bismarck high WOULD have won state without finley but i don't think it is fair to say that if finley wouldn't have been on either bismarck high or mandan, mandan 100% would have won state. I understand that jalen was an all-stater and put up very good stats for BHS this past season but who is to say that if finley is not there someone else steps up and takes the role that finley filled, who is to say that if finley isn't there esley knows he needs to be more of a scorer in order for his team to win so he gets more shots, who is to say joliffe doesn't take on a more prominent scoring role (even though i understand he was off in the championship game but if finley isn't there an entire different chain of events gets set off and everything is different). The point i am trying to make is that you can never say what WOULD have happened if finley wasn't there so it is not fair to so if finley is not there mandan ABSOLUTLY would have won the title... also not saying that they wouldn't have, the point is that finley went to bhs and bhs won the title, there is nothing we can do to change that and none of us can say what would have happened cause it didn't so we don't know
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:13 am

We can just logically assume that BHS would have lost. Jalen and Esley were the only people getting anything done during the championship game. Esley stepped his game up with 29 points, second highest scoring output of his long career, and Jalen contributed with 16. Jake Miller, Nick Jolliffe, Dexter Werner were nonfactors offensively.

Finley draws the best defender. I'm not being a Jay Flaa hater, but it is much easier to score on Jay Flaa than it is to score on Mike Miller. If Finley is not on the team, Miller can guard Thorton and do a better job than Flaa did, and Dewayne Liggins is in the starting line up. Dewayne is a great defensive player, but he is a nonfactor offensively.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:04 pm

Nobody would have been capable of filling finley's shoes and with the game going into overtime all it would have taken is a slight drop off at all and they would have lost. I could understand if it was a 10+ pt game but it went into overtime. Miller wouldn't have gotten all the open shots because Mandan wouldn't have had to give so much attention to who ever was playing for finley. They don't have anybody even close. He was a good player.

what are his plans for college? bsc?
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:04 pm

the thing i was trying to state is that everything would have been different if finley never would have been at BHS so we can't say they joliffe would or wouldn't have had an off night... if you take jalen off of bhs the day of the championship than yes mandan wins, but BHS's team would have had a completely different identity if jalen wouldn't have played for BHS the last 2 years thats why i am saying it's not fair to say they mandan absolutly wouldn have won if jalen wouldn't be at BHS
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby InsideMan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:21 pm

I understand that point but what Im trying to say is that jalen with a special/above average player. A player like him can't be replace. Joliffe is not even close to the player that finley is so even on his best days he wouldn't come close to compensating for the missing finley. Yes they would have been alright with out him but alot of the good looks that jake miller and dexter werner would be no more because so much of the opposing team's defense was focused on him. Not only did he create alot for himself but he created for others as well. They would have been stale, predictable, and relatively easy to guard. Its not about pluging in another player - their entire style of play would have had to change to a more predictable system because they wouldn't have any players that can create one on one. A whole different team and there would have been no way to compensate for it.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:38 pm

To add to what squeak was saying, if Finley doesn't go to BHS, the seeding and results may have been different. Mandan more than likely gets the 1 seed in the west. Maybe Century gets the 2. Even if Bismarck gets the 2, who's to say that West Fargo doesn't necessarily beat Bismarck in the semi's? Good defensive team, and Bismarck, like InsideMan said, would have been pretty predictable. Maybe West Fargo pulls it off and we see a Mandan-West Fargo championship game.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:48 pm

And seeing that Mandan beat West Fargo by over 20 in the semis, I think it is safe to say Mandan would have won state. I completely understand what Squeak is saying, I just don't agree with him.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:16 am

Where is Finley going to college next year?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby InsideMan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:42 am

I agree with you guys and the bottom line line is BHS wouldn't have won the state championship.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:22 am

scoobyx2 wrote:Where is Finley going to college next year?

Signing today along with Devin Yellow Wolf and myself.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 am

to bsc?
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:31 am

Yessir.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:11 pm

congrats
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:59 am

balla45 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:Where is Finley going to college next year?

Signing today along with Devin Yellow Wolf and myself.

Congrats and good luck!
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Boys