Bismarck Dominance

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Bismarck Dominance

Postby oldcoach2 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Thanks for clearing up the numbers Indy

Interesting that BHS is @ 1362 and Cenury is @ 1080 This doesnt follow the arguments on here that the Century area has more growth and development going on than the Bismarck area has. It does make my point more measurable, if the school district would make kids go their given school, the chances are that Century would have the higher number following the concept of growth and development.

If balanced IE equal enrollment, NOT following the growth and development concepts,
BHS has 181 more kids
allowing the school of choice BHS has 362 more kids to pick from.

You take any program/school in the state Class A or B any sport, and they would love to have an additional 25 to 30% more kids to pick from!!! Not to mention the draw of good coaches and what traditon does for BHS

Interesting when looking at the numbers

The next argument will be the the southside of Bismarck is genetically better then the rest of the community LOL
oldcoach2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mtn Dew » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:41 pm

Baller wrote:They are lumped together because they are still one school. Also, Fargo and west Fargo are two seperate cities. People need to learn that. If u lump them together then you can lump bismarck and mandan together too.

Bismarck and Mandan are night and day. Look up the population of North Dakota's largest cities You will see Fargo, Bismarck, and Mandan (not in any specific order), but no West Fargo or south showing the are considered one city. Bismarck and Mandan are separate because they are not the same like all of the Fargo's. It also says Bismarck and Fargo have approximately the same population, and all of the kids in Bismarck can go to the same school but, Fargo is divided by 3 schools, which gives Bismarck a huge advantage.
Mtn Dew
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:47 pm

Mtn Dew wrote:
Baller wrote:They are lumped together because they are still one school. Also, Fargo and west Fargo are two seperate cities. People need to learn that. If u lump them together then you can lump bismarck and mandan together too.

Bismarck and Mandan are night and day. Look up the population of North Dakota's largest cities You will see Fargo, Bismarck, and Mandan (not in any specific order), but no West Fargo or south showing the are considered one city. Bismarck and Mandan are separate because they are not the same like all of the Fargo's. It also says Bismarck and Fargo have approximately the same population, and all of the kids in Bismarck can go to the same school but, Fargo is divided by 3 schools, which gives Bismarck a huge advantage.

Don't Bismarck and Fargo each have 2 public and 2 private high schools? Well 3 public for Fargo next year
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Mtn Dew wrote:

You are VERY worng. Fargo and West Fargo are two seperate cities with seperate school distrcits, police forces, fire departments, public works, mayors, property taxes etc.

Fargo - Bismarck]] - 60,389
Grand Forks - 51,313
Minot - 35,419
West Fargo - 23,708
Mandan - 18,091
Dickinson - 16,035
Jamestown - 14,630
Williston - 12,641
Wahpeton - 7,585
Devils Lake - 6,708
Valley City - 6,230
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mtn Dew » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:38 am

Then where is south?
Mtn Dew
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:59 am

Fargo North High School, Fargo Oak Grove High School, Fargo Shanley High School, and Fargo South High School are located in Fargo, North Dakota.

West Fargo High School is located in West Fargo, North Dakota.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:31 am

Mtn Dew wrote:Then where is south?

South is not a city. It is a school district in Fargo. It's just like North. And I knew that West Fargo was a different city, I just added it because some people might have wondered. Here is Mandan to even it out then

Mandan:1038
Bismarck area total(With Mandan):3,883
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby DSCP1 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:55 pm

The only reason people are freaking out is because this one little insident will Jalen and Caley I mean yeah they probably were recruited but its not all of the team is full of recruites, and besides Jalen and Caley there all bhs kids (KP was not a recuite by miller, miller didnt talk to him). But why would Bismarck split up??? if they did (throwing century in the mix) each school would have about 800 kids and thats just not enough to be successful the reason fargo south split up was because they had more then 2000 kids and that would make it 1000 for Davies and South which is enough to be successful. People might come on here and say 200 kids whats the difference, there is a huge difference out of those 200 there might be 5 to 10 good athletes and thats huge as far as sports goes. People are mad becuase bismarck is successful, minot and west fargo has about 1600 kids and no one is complaining about i really dont think its fair to BHS.
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:59 pm

People are not mad because BHS is successful. No one has problems with their football program, their track and field program, their hockey program, their wrestling program, etc. All of the problems are in boy's basketball.

I have this quote from an individual in Mandan, and it is probably true. If Jalen Finley doesn't transfer to BHS, we go 48-2 in two years and win two championships.

That is why people in Mandan have a huge problem with the Finley transfer.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:19 pm

balla45 wrote:People are not mad because BHS is successful. No one has problems with their football program, their track and field program, their hockey program, their wrestling program, etc. All of the problems are in boy's basketball.

I have this quote from an individual in Mandan, and it is probably true. If Jalen Finley doesn't transfer to BHS, we go 48-2 in two years and win two championships.

So for you Jordan, it's ok for Finley to go to Mandan but not Bismarck. It happened and it's over now. Get over it and grow up. Mandan has had plenty of people come into their basketball programs. Bismarck has a couple of kids come in and people like you whine like no other.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:26 pm

When did he transfer in? Where did he come from? Was there a change of jobs by his parents? Thanks.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:28 pm

balla45 wrote:People are not mad because BHS is successful. No one has problems with their football program, their track and field program, their hockey program, their wrestling program, etc. All of the problems are in boy's basketball.

Good player but you are giving him way too much credit. A lot of outstanding Bismarck boys stepped up to win the championship this year. Mandan had all the pieces to win the championship regardless of who played for BHS this year.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:31 pm

He came from Parshall. He was going to go to Mandan but then his parents found a house in Bismarck.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:35 pm

So then there should be no problem about the transfer, and if I'm not mistaken this was a few years ago?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:37 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:He came from Parshall. He was going to go to Mandan but then his parents found a house in Bismarck.

Did he go to school in Mandan when his sister did?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:40 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:He came from Parshall. He was going to go to Mandan but then his parents found a house in Bismarck.

No he never did go to school in Mandan.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:47 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:

Good player but you are giving him way too much credit. A lot of outstanding Bismarck boys stepped up to win the championship this year. Mandan had all the pieces to win the championship regardless of who played for BHS this year.

I don't think I'm giving him too much credit. He was a first team all stater. With him BHS was barely better than Mandan, without him they would have been far behind. Yes, Esley was amazing in the championship game, but without Jalen's 16 points, BHS does not win that game.

This Mandan team had never lost to BHS in basketball as far as I can remember.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:50 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:

So for you Jordan, it's ok for Finley to go to Mandan but not Bismarck. It happened and it's over now. Get over it and grow up. Mandan has had plenty of people come into their basketball programs. Bismarck has a couple of kids come in and people like you whine like no other.

Who has come into the Mandan Boy's Basketball program?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Well not anytime recently but didn't you came into the program.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:01 pm

What are you talking about?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:08 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:

No he was still in Parshall winning a state title with the Packineau's(sp?) and Rudy Young Bird.

His sister transferred to Mandan when she was a junior. At that time, Jalen was starting high school as a freshman at Parshall. Two years later, his sister graduates, he transfers to Bismarck High for his junior and senior year.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:42 pm

balla45 wrote:What are you talking about?

I probably have this coming but aren't you adopted.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:43 pm

In what way does this relate to Mandan basketball or the topic at hand?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:52 pm

balla45 wrote:In what way does this relate to Mandan basketball or the topic at hand?

Nothing really. But you asked who came into Mandan boys program. Whether you were adopted 3 years or 15 years you came in to the program becuase you weren't born in mandan.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:57 pm

You're not very intelligent. I would love to go more in depth with this but as time goes on I realize that you are not smart enough for me to argue with.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys