1. Dickinson -- Hanstad, Moody, Abrahamson, Kessel, Wanner, Steffan. I expect Hanstad to improve upon his numbers from last season and I believe Kessel will be a solid second option. Moody is still one of the more athletic players in the WDA and Abrahamson is as experienced as any.
2. Mandan -- Coyle, Collins, Westby, Janz, Zinke, Marcellais. Depth could be an issue but probably the most raw talent in the WDA. I would put them at number 1, but I want to see how Mandan's style of pressure defense will work without so much height in the middle altering shots.
3. Century -- Maund, Fraase, Melvie, Ledger, Rivinius, Rhone, Bray, Thunshelle. I like this starting 5. Depth could be an issue, but I think most teams will have this problem. On paper, this is a very good team. All but Ledger are unproven at the varsity level, but I do believe they can and will step up.
4. Bismarck -- Schirado, Fitterer, Liggins, Talmadge, Werner. This team lacks tremendous offensive fire power but I believe that will be made up on the defensive end. I see Liggins having a breakout season this year and ending up as an all stater. *If Kleinjan is back for the basketball season, I think Bismarck goes up to number 3, maybe even higher. The lack of a true point guard will hurt this team and Kleinjan brings that aspect to BHS.
5. Minot -- Murphy, Magnuson, Steinwand, Crosby, Adams, Moch, Gerding. This team is intriguing. They have potential to be a very, very good team. Steinwand will be solid. I think Crosby and Adams are the big question marks. If Crosby and Adams are consistent scorers, this team should have no trouble making the state tournament and doing damage.
I think any of these top 5 teams could all contend for a WDA title, it is that close.
There is a huge drop off between five and six. All of these teams will probably be rebuilidng for the next few seasons, but the future could be bright.
6. Saint Mary's
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.
North Dakota Phenom - Presidentjordan.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.
~It does not take talent to hustle!