2010-2011

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2010-2011

Postby Schmidty22 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:39 pm

balla45 wrote:
Schmidty22 wrote:
balla45 wrote:1. Dickinson -- Hanstad, Moody, Abrahamson, Kessel, Wanner, Steffan. I expect Hanstad to improve upon his numbers from last season and I believe Kessel will be a solid second option. Moody is still one of the more athletic players in the WDA and Abrahamson is as experienced as any.

2. Mandan -- Coyle, Collins, Westby, Janz, Zinke, Marcellais. Depth could be an issue but probably the most raw talent in the WDA. I would put them at number 1, but I want to see how Mandan's style of pressure defense will work without so much height in the middle altering shots.

3. Century -- Maund, Fraase, Melvie, Ledger, Rivinius, Rhone, Bray, Thunshelle. I like this starting 5. Depth could be an issue, but I think most teams will have this problem. On paper, this is a very good team. All but Ledger are unproven at the varsity level, but I do believe they can and will step up.

4. Bismarck -- Schirado, Fitterer, Liggins, Talmadge, Werner. This team lacks tremendous offensive fire power but I believe that will be made up on the defensive end. I see Liggins having a breakout season this year and ending up as an all stater. *If Kleinjan is back for the basketball season, I think Bismarck goes up to number 3, maybe even higher. The lack of a true point guard will hurt this team and Kleinjan brings that aspect to BHS.
5. Minot -- Murphy, Magnuson, Steinwand, Crosby, Adams, Moch, Gerding. This team is intriguing. They have potential to be a very, very good team. Steinwand will be solid. I think Crosby and Adams are the big question marks. If Crosby and Adams are consistent scorers, this team should have no trouble making the state tournament and doing damage.

I think any of these top 5 teams could all contend for a WDA title, it is that close.

There is a huge drop off between five and six. All of these teams will probably be rebuilidng for the next few seasons, but the future could be bright.
6. Saint Mary's
7. Belcourt
8. Jamestown
9. Williston

I was told the Kleinjan is out indefinately for this upcoming season....saying that Mandan has raw talent is true but that statement is true for every team in the WDA this season there will be a bunch of breakout stars this up coming basketball season. It will be quite a race at the top between these 5 teams this upcoming season.

Hopefully Kleinjan finds a way back, but if he doesn't, I have BHS right behind CHS. I think Dickinson and Mandan will distance themselves from the rest of the pack. I believe Mandan has the most talent 1-8, but Dickinson does have the state's best player, and he is a senior now. I have a feeling that he will take his game to another level.

Very good point Hanstad is the best player in the state I look for him to carry the Dickinson squad but I can't say I agree with putting them at the top. They just seem like they are missing one piece to that puzzle.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:11 pm

I would flip Bismarck to # 3 and Century to #4, Miller always has something up his sleeve. I can't see him without a point guard this year
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Perfect Storm09 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:44 pm

No, Century will be better then bhs this year.
"I don't know how many years I can steal this many bags, so I figure I've got to get 'em now."
The Perfect Storm09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sniperfan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:43 pm

I completely disagree with everyone. Dickinson has the best player in state but thats it. the rest of their team is garbage. i would put dickinson at #3. Mandan is really good but only has a few good players and no height. I think they will be #1 or #2 but it will be hard for them when going up agaist bigger teams. Century is solid. they have all the pieces to win state and will be very hard to beat. They have a lot of good players and i can see them at #1 easily but if not #2 at the most. Bismarck will be good like always but without a true pg their gonna have a tougher time.
sniperfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Perfect Storm09 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Look out for the runmblin', bumblin' Nolan Schmidt to have a breakout year this season for Century this year
"I don't know how many years I can steal this many bags, so I figure I've got to get 'em now."
The Perfect Storm09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:22 pm

The Perfect Storm09 wrote:Look out for the runmblin', bumblin' Nolan Schmidt to have a breakout year this season for Century this year

Be serious.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:26 pm

sniperfan wrote:I completely disagree with everyone. Dickinson has the best player in state but thats it. the rest of their team is garbage. i would put dickinson at #3. Mandan is really good but only has a few good players and no height. I think they will be #1 or #2 but it will be hard for them when going up agaist bigger teams. Century is solid. they have all the pieces to win state and will be very hard to beat. They have a lot of good players and i can see them at #1 easily but if not #2 at the most. Bismarck will be good like always but without a true pg their gonna have a tougher time.

The rest of the players that play for Dickinson are far from garbage. They will have no trouble proving that this season. Mandan is solid 1-8 and probably 2nd or 3rd tallest team in the WDA. Janz at 6'3'', Westby at 6'3'', Kautzman at 6'3'', and Marcellais at 6'4'' will provide enough height to compete in the WDA, easily. Century has the pieces to win state but needs to develop a bench. Players like Andre Maund and Tom Fraase have had success at the lower levels of basketball and will need to show they can produce on the big stage. Bismarck will sneak in and make state. Werner and Liggins will prove to be a lethal 1-2 punch.

As much as you disagree with me, you did pick the same top 4.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby pimpdaddyG » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:53 am

The Perfect Storm09 wrote:Look out for the runmblin', bumblin' Nolan Schmidt to have a breakout year this season for Century this year

i hear he is one of the most clutch players on the century team this year
pimpdaddyG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDsports35 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:20 am

balla45 wrote:

Be serious.

Haha Balla, you're mean! Nolan's a nice kid.
NDsports35
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:26 am

I do not know him. I have watched him play basketball. He will not have a breakout year this season at Century.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDsports35 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:10 am

balla45 wrote:I do not know him. I have watched him play basketball. He will not have a breakout year this season at Century.

Well we all know that. I believe they were just jokin!
NDsports35
NDPreps Starter

Postby dwade » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:09 am

The phrase you're looking for is "High Hopes for the Rumbling, Tumbling Belcourt Braves."
dwade
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Schmidty22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:42 pm

balla45 wrote:I do not know him. I have watched him play basketball. He will not have a breakout year this season at Century.

I don't even play basketball for Century anymore so I don't see why I am in question here.....as for my basketball skills I find myself a very above average player.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Schmidty22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:43 pm

NDsports35 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Be serious.

Haha Balla, you're mean! Nolan's a nice kid.

Thanks man it's those kind of comments that really make my day.
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:02 am

I found the St Cloud Tourament site where Mandan is playing

http://net.minnesotasportsonline.com/br ... 7&yid=1011
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby secondwind » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:16 am

Mighty Mouse- Sorry to change subject but you being the Minot guy I have a question for you. Looking over Minot stats I do not see Max Murphy at all? Is he injured? I believe he is on the team this season, is he not?
Him not playing would definately have an impact on Minot season. Any info?
secondwind
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:00 pm

From what I've heard, his back is hurt real bad and stopped playing due to it. It may need surgery. And yes, it has impacted Minot this season. :(
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby secondwind » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks Mighty-Mouse. I'm sorry to hear that. I assume that is an injury related to football. Not having Max will certainly hurt Minot.
secondwind
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:30 pm

I'm thinking it was one of those long ago injuries that just keeps coming back worse. So instead of hurting himself more... Yes they are missing this skill with the ball.
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys