Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby pumping1gas » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:44 pm

Last edited by pumping1gas on Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pumping1gas
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Nik Savageau Sr. Athlete of the Year

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:52 pm

Could have just put this on the Nik Savageau thread ha.
Much deserved though.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pumping1gas » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:58 pm

Last edited by pumping1gas on Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pumping1gas
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:02 am

I would say funnest player to watch in the state for sure.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pumping1gas » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:14 am

Last edited by pumping1gas on Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pumping1gas
NDPreps Reserve

Postby King James » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:02 am

roundem6 wrote:I would say funnest player to watch in the state for sure.

then you have never seen hanstad.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:19 am

Watched a lot of the State games and Nik was the most exciting one there.
That dunk was so close.
Ill take nba 3s, nifty passes, and quick drives above the hoop over anything.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby october23sp » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:22 am

Savageau is better than Hanstad.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:25 am

Hanstad- D1 player, going to be the all time leading scorer in class a basketball.

Nik- D3, sr athlete of the year ( which joe will be too along with mr bball)
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 am

Savageau is also going to win Mr. Basketball.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:29 am

[quote="roundem6"]Savageau is also going to win Mr. Basketball.[/quo

Adam Randall
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:32 am

Nik Savageau.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:36 am

King James wrote:Hanstad- D1 player, going to be the all time leading scorer in class a basketball.

Nik- D3, sr athlete of the year ( which joe will be too along with mr bball)

Hanstad is better but you need to stop bashing savageau. USF is going D2 and he is getting a full ride. 5x the player you were
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:43 am

i never said i was better than him. that is not the topic either. i am postinh these things because people including you have made some stupid posts about how good he is. he is good, but not as good as some people make him sound
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:45 am

No you posted and started bashing his "attitude."
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:54 am

"college coaches don't just recruit on talent, im not saying nik is talented enough to play at ndsu, but coaches will ask around to see what kind of person the kid is and maybe they heard nik has a bad attitude and thats why they chose not to recruit him. this is just me but it seemed like he didnt even care that they were losing yesterday he was just happy he was getting his points"

yeah i just bashed his attitude big time. i probably hurt his feelings. i saw what i saw yesterday and im sticking to it
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:56 am

How isnt that bashing his attitude? saying he didnt care that they were getting pounded? That makes so much sense dude.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:57 am

Savageau completed deserved his award and I am happy for him and his accomplishments.

I would advise the Savageau fans to stop using "best player" and "better than Hanstad" if they want this topic to serve it's purpose. I think you all know what will happen when you compare Nik to Joe. The comparison should not be made, Nik had a great high school career and doesn't need to be compared to Joe. It is an unfair comparison and is pointless.

I am very proud of Nik Savageau and his accomplishments. I know many of you are as well. I think we should keep it at that and leave Joe Hanstad out of it.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:59 am

Nik and Joe comparison goes nowhere but now this guy is on here bashing Nik's "attitude."
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Big Ticket » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:25 am

Being a former killer in ND bball I can say that Savageau's game is respectable. I played similiar position and can respect a kid who can change the game by his passing along with his shooting ability. roundem6 is a true fan and is obviously biased but you can't tell me he doesn't have a great shot at mr bball. Nik will be a legit college player because he is a true point...meaning that will be his position in college. What it takes to be a great college player for a pg is being able to handle the ball...have quickness...have the ability to shoot anywhere on the court and in someones face...and being able to pass the ball in the RIGHT situations..The only game I watched this kid play all year was against bismarck in the state tournament and I only watched the first half and I'm completely confident in saying he has the ability to do all of this with ease. And to say someone doesn't care about winning is funny to me, people can question this about someone but Nik didn't really have the opportunity to take over the game. The way you can tell if a player is one level above everyone else is how they play when everything is on the line late in games. Nobody in ND ball and even college ball NAIA can stop a player who has all of that ability. The only thing i can see stopping a plyer with ability like this is his confidence on the court, which he is. The only thing bad about Nik is he must pass the ball really weird cause when he would pass the ball his teamates couldn't catch the dang thing. I respect King James's game, he has had his share of success so i can understand why he would question this about someone, but this kids potential is sky high. One thing I don't understand is NDSU recruiting, they have passed up on a few pg the last couple seasons and got some garbage player from wisconson, but then again who wouldn't want to be a star at a lower level. I still want to challenge him to a game of 1 on 1best of 5 though for me to say he is a true great. I beat him in 5 games but it would be a dog fight.
Big Ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:52 am

Big Ticket is truly very intelligent.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby senser » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:02 am

King James wrote:
roundem6 wrote:I would say funnest player to watch in the state for sure.

then you have never seen hanstad.

LMAO at you not understanding the concept of an opinion.

Congrats to Savageau for a great season and a great career. Much deserved.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby highrise » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:27 am

all you guy stop hatein good job nik you can a long way lot of people never gave you a chance. thank you for the treat.
highrise
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:53 pm

Big Ticket wrote:Being a former killer in ND bball I can say that Savageau's game is respectable. I played similiar position and can respect a kid who can change the game by his passing along with his shooting ability. roundem6 is a true fan and is obviously biased but you can't tell me he doesn't have a great shot at mr bball. Nik will be a legit college player because he is a true point...meaning that will be his position in college. What it takes to be a great college player for a pg is being able to handle the ball...have quickness...have the ability to shoot anywhere on the court and in someones face...and being able to pass the ball in the RIGHT situations..The only game I watched this kid play all year was against bismarck in the state tournament and I only watched the first half and I'm completely confident in saying he has the ability to do all of this with ease. And to say someone doesn't care about winning is funny to me, people can question this about someone but Nik didn't really have the opportunity to take over the game. The way you can tell if a player is one level above everyone else is how they play when everything is on the line late in games. Nobody in ND ball and even college ball NAIA can stop a player who has all of that ability. The only thing i can see stopping a plyer with ability like this is his confidence on the court, which he is. The only thing bad about Nik is he must pass the ball really weird cause when he would pass the ball his teamates couldn't catch the dang thing. I respect King James's game, he has had his share of success so i can understand why he would question this about someone, but this kids potential is sky high. One thing I don't understand is NDSU recruiting, they have passed up on a few pg the last couple seasons and got some garbage player from wisconson, but then again who wouldn't want to be a star at a lower level. I still want to challenge him to a game of 1 on 1best of 5 though for me to say he is a true great. I beat him in 5 games but it would be a dog fight.

Fact.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:52 pm

Air Jordan.
Attachments
jordan.jpg
so close
jordan.jpg (95.45 KiB) Viewed 4039 times
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference