Interesting note from the WDA

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Interesting note from the WDA

Postby october23sp » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:10 pm

InsideMan wrote:I'm not into conspiracies or whatever but when somebody mentioned something about how they always seem to have the south bench it made me think about it and I couldn't remember a time when they had the north bench. It could be a small at best advantage if anything but the whole point of having a neutral site is so that nobody has an advantage.

The issue that I have a bigger problem with is BHS and Century playing games in the Civic when nobody else gets to. That is an advantage and nobody can argue that it isn't. That is what this discussion should be about. Again, it goes back to what I said earlier, What does Steve Miller do that isn't sketchy? I understand that winning does breed jealously but as a 3rd party on looker and person with inside information, it is almost to the point where somebody should do something about it.

Fargo South plays in the Fargodome every single AAA playoffs in football.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby InsideMan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:19 pm

Yeah that shouldnt be. Don't they have their own football field.

Football championship should always be in Fargo. Hockey in G.F. Basketball in Bismarck because it makes the most sense and they have the best facilities. Holding the state basketball tournament in fargo and G.F. doesn't make any sense.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:43 pm

InsideMan wrote:Yeah that shouldnt be. Don't they have their own football field.

Football championship should always be in Fargo. Hockey in G.F. Basketball in Bismarck because it makes the most sense and they have the best facilities. Holding the state basketball tournament in fargo and G.F. doesn't make any sense.

i have always thought this should be the case but what you have to realize is that a state basketball tournament bring in way more money then the football championship so thats why cities like fargo want it there... also to the fact that BHS and century have an unfiar advantage being that they play in the civic center 2-3 times a year is probably true but they really need to... the last year that BHS and century played each other at their home gymes there was likely 150+ people who didn't even get to watch the games because the gymes were full for those games (which i am sure was already more people then the fire code accounted for anyway). It wasn't steve millers idea to get those games in the civic center, it was Jim Hauslers to accomodate the amount of fans in bismarck that want to attend these games and keep the games a safe enviroment for all of the fans and athletes.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby InsideMan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:52 pm

Oh ya it had to be Hausler's idea to move the games to the Civic. I can't believe how small they made BHS' gym when they redid it. what a mistake. They have the room to make a big, beautiful, up to date gym I just don't know why they didn't do it. I also heard that there might be some issues/ wishful plans to redo BHS. That is some prime real estate. Hopefully they do it right.

I just have one request for the bhs gym. Tighten the rims!!! haha
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby riders » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:12 am

october23sp wrote:
InsideMan wrote:Fargo South plays in the Fargodome every single AAA playoffs in football.

actually, the DHS @ South game this year was to be played at South's field. but, due to field conditions (rain and melting snow) it was moved to the dome
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby october23sp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:08 am

riders wrote:
october23sp wrote:
InsideMan wrote:Fargo South plays in the Fargodome every single AAA playoffs in football.

actually, the DHS @ South game this year was to be played at South's field. but, due to field conditions (rain and melting snow) it was moved to the dome

Hahahahaha, classic excuse.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby InsideMan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:40 pm

haha I wasn't aware that you can't play football in the snow/rain...
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:13 pm

That's football weather!
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:49 pm

You guys are all haters. Bottomline, Coach Miller wins basketball games. How stupid does it sound that bhs chs and mandan have an advantage cause they play their during the season. Ever seen Hoosiers? The hoop is ten feet high at the civic just like it is at all the other high school gyms. Just make more excuses for your team for failing it makes everyone sound more pathetic. I love what i heard from north fans yesterday against bhs. "It looks like we got all the west refs for this game." when there was 2 east officials and 1 west official for that game.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:39 am

this is all true king except for the lynch gym at bhs... not every hoop is ten feet high in there
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:04 am

InsideMan wrote:I just have one request for the bhs gym. Tighten the rims!!! haha

Obviously not a shooter.....haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby toddjames » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:39 pm

HaHa I'll take a loose rim anyday lol
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:44 pm

a rim is NEVER too loose/soft
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:51 pm

King James wrote:You guys are all haters. Bottomline, Coach Miller wins basketball games. How stupid does it sound that bhs chs and mandan have an advantage cause they play their during the season. Ever seen Hoosiers? The hoop is ten feet high at the civic just like it is at all the other high school gyms. Just make more excuses for your team for failing it makes everyone sound more pathetic. I love what i heard from north fans yesterday against bhs. "It looks like we got all the west refs for this game." when there was 2 east officials and 1 west official for that game.

Coach Miller does win games - alot of them and for that I do respect him. He also takes part in many very sketchy activities and for that I have little to no respect for. Look at a guy like Jason Horner in Mandan - he is proof that you don't have to bend the rules to win.

The hoop may be 10 feet high but the demensions of the floor aren't the same and there is something to be said for playing a game or two on the court where the post season is going to be played. I know St. Mary's used to play century and bhs there but they quit doing it because it didn't make financial sense for them. Obviously, with public funding, this isn't an issue for bhs and chs. Anybody that has played in the civic knows that it is alot different than playing in a normal gym and there is no way to simulate it other than actually playing there. It is an unfair advantage. It's not pathetic it is the truth.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:19 pm

baseball wrote:a rim is NEVER too loose/soft

You must have never been to Hazen. I thought the rim was going to fall off of the hoop. It didn't even seem metal. It looked like it was plastic. I am also pretty sure the rim was at most 9'5'' high. When my team went there a kid the could only get towards the middle of the net, was touching the rim.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:51 am

haha the worst is when only one side is loose.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys