Coaching Vacancies

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Coaching Vacancies

Postby MoSiouxFan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:42 am

Bitz resigns at Devils Lake.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Coaching Vacancies

Postby Home Run » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:05 am

I am not familiar with him. Is he retiring or resigning after many years? New job? Cupboard bare for next year? 8)

Again, just curious but not looking for negative posts or feedback. I have way too much respect for the coaches who poor their heart and soul into the game.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby MoSiouxFan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:14 am

Home Run wrote:I am not familiar with him. Is he retiring or resigning after many years? New job? Cupboard bare for next year? 8)

Again, just curious but not looking for negative posts or feedback. I have way too much respect for the coaches who poor their heart and soul into the game.

According to the paper, he's resigning after three years as head coach, but staying on as a teacher in the school system. Didn't give a reason, but you may have hit upon it (cupboard bare), in that their J. V. team was 1-17 this year, their sophs were 1-15, and their freshmen were 0-20. Scary.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Scary but he should step up to that challenge instead of back down.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:35 pm

They do have one of the best freshman in the state though in Mertens.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby MoSiouxFan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:53 pm

roundem6 wrote:Scary but he should step up to that challenge instead of back down.

We don't know that that's why he stepped down; he may have had reasons for stepping down totally unrelated to the apparent lack of talent coming up.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MoSiouxFan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:00 am

Indy5 wrote:They do have one of the best freshman in the state though in Mertens.

Plus, they'll have one of the best forwards in the EDC (Erickstad--6th leading scorer, 2nd leading rebounder) returning, also. But, beyond that, there doesn't appear to be much to build on.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:55 pm

True. He could have many different reasons, but he was only there for 3 years.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby COACHWEST » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:25 pm

Maybe he is resigning so that the program can improve? I know coaches that care about a program look at themselves as leaders. If their program is struggling, could it be because of "my" leadership? Maybe I should give this up so these kids have a better chance at success. Possibly he is taking grad classes? Lots of possibilities...don't knock the guyfor what might be best for the program (or may not be).
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby Home Run » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:42 pm

Speaking of coaching vacancies, things could get pretty interesting in the next few weeks in Fargo with the selection of the varsity coach at Davies High School. Bart Manson is currently the sophomore lead coach over there with an impressive track coaching tenure in Grand Forks. Remember the new principal was most recently hired from Grand Forks. On the other hand, Coach Hendrickson recently did a great job of getting Fargo South back into the state tournament once again. Two highly qualified candidates who are already in the district should make for an interesting competition between these two. Thankfully one or the other will still have the South job should it decide to open up. Of course, this whole paragraph is based on speculation as I live out of the area so I don't have an inside scoop. It will be interesting to see who is placed where as I can only imagine that these two have to be the tops on the list for these two basketball coaching positions.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Home Run wrote:It will be interesting to see who is placed where as I can only imagine that these two have to be the tops on the list for these two basketball coaching positions.

The Fargo South job is not open! Coach Hendrickson is the coach. As far as Davies goes Manson will get consideration, just because the new principal is from GF doesnt give him an advantage. If I remember correctly he left Red River under pressure from parents.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Home Run » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:16 pm

Easy Bruins 44 with exclamation point :wink: I was merely posing a viewpoint as I pointed out that there is no way I know anything about the people who have considered or interviewed for this job. I just think that there is two fine quality coaches in the district already. I should also point out that I stated should the South job open up; meaning if Coach Henrdickson decided to go over to Davies like so many other coaches have already done from South in other activities. Again, I thought I was clear on pointing that out. Seriously apologize if I offended you as I appreciate all your posts in the past. I happen to think both coaches are excellent. From my previous posts, I am a big Fargo South supporter who is worried about the new school and its overall effect on South athtletics. Nothing more than drawing interest which I think is being supportive of the two people already in the top basketball leadership positions of these two schools at this present time. I also know Mike Finneseth has some head coaching experience from my days of living in Fargo a few years back. Again, just pointing out quite a few strong internal candidates for basketball coaching. I hope this explains my perspective better.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys