State Tournament

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: State Tournament

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:58 pm

As I have stated twice before, Shanley and South will not win 1st round games. I would have considered Red Riv good but they choked it against South.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:59 pm

roundem6 wrote:Bismarck and WF are both one seeds so you need to switch up your 2nd round matchups.

Yeah I knew that. I don't know what I was doing. Regardless, I still think its a Mandan-Bismarck championship game.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:02 pm

Its hard to argue against a Mandan-Bismarck championship, but I have to believe my school can pull it off, I think they are capable of beating anyone just due to the fact that they have Savageau.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:06 pm

I agree with this. Star players win championships, it has always been like this as long as I can remember.

2009 - Kielpinski
2008 - Martinez
2007 - Kick
2006 - Erdmann
ETC.

Who will it be this year, Finley, Kielpinski, or Savageau? This actually excites me.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby groundblind » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:10 pm

South and Century will probably be a good rematch in the consolation bracket. South improved greatly throughout the year, they just couldn't beat Shanley. They crushed West Fargo and beat RR the last two times they played them. I think those of you from out West are too quick to assume the EDC is weak. South had a terrible start to the year and still hung with Century for most of the game. They are a different team now.
groundblind
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:13 pm

balla45, could I get a quick run-down of Century's team, offense, defense, etc.?
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:22 pm

They are pretty much the same team that West Fargo is.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby whateverittakes » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:36 pm

balla45 wrote:They are pretty much the same team that West Fargo is.
So if their the same team west fargo is would they have got 1st in edc.
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:39 pm

WF also didnt have to play Bismarck to get into the ship.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:44 pm

WF battled really hard to get back in the EDC championship so i give them credit, but I think North lost the game more than WF won it. Everybody on North was standing around watching Savageau against WF zone and on D everybody got lazy and thought it was over at halftime.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:50 pm

whateverittakes wrote:
balla45 wrote:They are pretty much the same team that West Fargo is.
So if their the same team west fargo is would they have got 1st in edc.

Probably. It would have been a good game.

I'll compare players.

Farkas-Ledger
Nelson-Govig
Bucholz-Flaten

Not sure who else starts for West Fargo at this point, but the other players are very similar, with Bucholz being a bit taller.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:13 pm

Why should east fans think this year will be any different. this is one of the more down years in EDC basketball. There are 2 good players Savegeau and Schriener that highlight the east and Schriener is done. The east gets beat by the west a majority of the time because the west defends. Minot played very well defensively the whole tournament. They slowed down Mandan big time. BHS and Mandans game between each other was one of the best defensive games people have seen and both teams have very capable scorers. Century is in the state tournament because they defend. When Century makes shots they are tough. The WDA has an advantage because it is their 2nd straight week in the civic center and most kids in the east have never played in the civic which could cause shooting problems in their first games. I predict 3 teams out of the west will win round 1
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby KiNg LeBrOn » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:43 pm

I think that all 4 west teams will win. Bismarck and Mandan will dominate South and Shanley. While Century and Minot will have low-scoring tough games, but still pull out the victory
Swag is vicious
KiNg LeBrOn
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:26 pm

bismarck high over south. blowout
north over century. i really dont think century has a chance
minot over west fargo
mandan over shanley

bismarck over north
mandan over minot

mandan over bismarck

mr. basketball--nik savageau
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:00 pm

I agree with these accept I think Randall gets Mr. Basketball, because Class A voters will split a lot.

I am interested in seeing Senior Athlete of the Year though.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:22 pm

balla45 wrote:I agree with these accept I think Randall gets Mr. Basketball, because Class A voters will split a lot.

Oh, very good point. Didn't even think of that. Randall will probably win.

I actually have changed my mind and I think west fargo might have the edge against minot. I was at the minot-north game january and north completely dominated throughout, even though they only won by 10. has minot improved drastically since then? why are people picking minot over west fargo?
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Minot is much improved and locks people down. Almost beat Mandan in a game where Kielpinski had 29 points. They are peaking at the right time.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:56 pm

GFRR99 wrote:
balla45 wrote:I agree with these accept I think Randall gets Mr. Basketball, because Class A voters will split a lot.

Oh, very good point. Didn't even think of that. Randall will probably win.

I actually have changed my mind and I think west fargo might have the edge against minot. I was at the minot-north game january and north completely dominated throughout, even though they only won by 10. has minot improved drastically since then? why are people picking minot over west fargo?

It's because no one respects the East. Why does North have a chance against Century while WF is going to have trouble with Minot according to you guys? WF plays one of the best defenses in the state.
As for Mr. Basketball, Nik deserves it but probably will not get it, balla45 you dont need to say anything because I know you are just gonna tell me BK is just as good.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:59 pm

North has a chance against Century because North is a better team.

Minot has a chance against West Fargo because Minot locks people down.

As for Mr. Basketball, Nik does deserve it, as does Bryan, which is why the Class A voters will split between those two, and Adam Randall will probably get it.

I really don't care who wins this award, I like all three of them and respect the way all three play.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:05 pm

I doubt you really dont care.
I dont understand that though, Minot locks people down? So does West Fargo, they are considered one of, if not, the best defensive team in the east, but i assume that doesnt mean much since it is the EDC and all.
Nik was 2 boards away from a triple double against Minot in a game completely dominated by North.
Someone will have to really step up for Minot for them to beat WF IMO. Still I think Flaten/Hoy defending plus Farkas and Nelson will be too much for Minot.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:09 pm

roundem6 wrote:I doubt you really dont care.
I dont understand that though, Minot locks people down? So does West Fargo, they are considered one of, if not, the best defensive team in the east, but i assume that doesnt mean much since it is the EDC and all.
Nik was 2 boards away from a triple double against Minot in a game completely dominated by North.
Someone will have to really step up for Minot for them to beat WF IMO. Still I think Flaten/Hoy defending plus Farkas and Nelson will be too much for Minot.

I can tell you right now that I am 95% sure that Bryan Kielpinski will not win Mr. Basketball, and I have known this for about a month.

Minot locks people down. West Fargo locks people down. That is why this will be a good game. Neither team has surpreme offensive talent so I think this will be a close game in the 40s or 50s. I did not predict Minot to win, or West Fargo to win, I think this game will be a grindout.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:12 pm

Both teams lack a leader.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:14 pm

roundem6 wrote:Both teams lack a leader.

Maybe offensively. Donte Smart seemed to be a very good leader at WDA. I can't speak for West Fargo.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Offensively speaking. Most people think it's Farkas, but I have no idea who would take the shot with the game on the line for either team.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Exactly why this will be a good game. They aren't like a Mandan, Bismarck, or North where if you stop Kielpinski, Finley, or Savageau, you will win. These teams are unique in that they could win a game with their high scorer having 8 or 9 points.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys