State Tournament

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: State Tournament

Postby InsideMan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:36 pm

or if Kilpinski stopps himself again. Mandan can still win if/when he plays terrible.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Agreed. Mandan is a well coached team that is solid defensively. If Kielpinski plays well in three games, Mandan will win the state title. I am talking if he is a 20 and 10 guy every night out.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:42 pm

If he gets 20 & 10 they won't be touched. Look at the WDA championship game. He couldn't have played worse, every call went against them, and the way the game was officiated favored BHS and they still almost won.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm happy somebody else saw the same game that I did.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:45 pm

it was gross
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby whateverittakes » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Mauer your comments on this website most of the time are irrelevant your biased to your school and to your conference well if your so biased and you love your stats thats cool but the east is just as good as the west fargo north west fargo could make it to state in the west but nooo not in mauers conference find something else to do
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Haha...Wow.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby whateverittakes » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:51 pm

balla45 wrote:Haha...Wow.

o did i hurt you a bit are you gonna take my preps account away o so scared if i did that to u it would be stabbing you
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby InsideMan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:54 pm

I guess we will find out this weekend..

lets try to keep this conversation intelligent and not resort to childish acts.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:56 pm

whateverittakes wrote:
balla45 wrote:Haha...Wow.

o did i hurt you a bit are you gonna take my preps account away o so scared if i did that to u it would be stabbing you

Wow. What a bad comparison. Posting on preps to getting stabbed. I'll just let that one go. Wow.

I am becoming busy. However, please say something more. This is truly entertaining.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby whateverittakes » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:01 pm

1 Bismarck

2 west fargo

3 fargo north

4 mandan

5 century

6 south

7 shanley

8 minot total places for west:18 total places for east:18 o
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:04 pm

Doubt this happens. We'll find out this weekend. I must leave though.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby NYYANKS » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:56 pm

balla45 wrote:Doubt this happens. We'll find out this weekend. I must leave though.

Balla. I often read all of the topics on this website, but post very little(it has been probabaly 3 years). One thing I would like to say, though, is that your west bias is terrible. Yes, I realize that the West has often been the top conference when it comes to basketball for a very long time, but I think this year is different. In todays games, unlike years past we get a better sample of how the two leagues mix. During the holiday break games, West Fargo beat Mandan. At the time I remember you making excuses on why they lost to West Fargo. I do not think these excuses were valid. West Fargo is the number one team from the East. They beat Mandan, the #1 seed going into the tournament. Yet you still say that they cannot beat the #4 team from the West? People on this board are giving only North a chance to succeed at all in state.

I feel that you and other members from the West need to give the east more credit. The past 2 years the Championship has been 1 team from the east and 1 from the west. Previous to that the West did dominate in 2006 and 2007 as i think they won someting like 7 of 8 first round games(I am probabally wrong on that one, but i am close).

I feel people need to give North and WF a shot to go all the way. I could see an all east championship game in North and West. Both have very good coaches and a team like West Fargo plays great defense.

I will say i am from the east. But I think teh west and east are even and we will see it this weekend. The east will win 2 first round games. And a team like shanley has a shot to beat a team like mandan i feel.

Bottomline________
Give a team like west fargo credit. In watching them at teh Alerus this past weekend I saw their great coaching. Hustle and attitude in the way they play.

Also, when I hear they do not have a leader you have to watch a kid like Flaten play.
No he will not dazzle you offensively, but watch his effort. Not sitting a minute in a game, and how his team mates look up to him to make a play defensively, and you will see a leader, a floor general there.

Thanks,

Talk to you in two years
NYYANKS
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Now I actually have time to respond. I have said before, the only teams in the state that I think are "good" are Bismarck, Mandan, Century, West Fargo, and Fargo North.

I know how good of a coach Greg Limke is. West Fargo took second last year with everyone counting them out as well. I also didn't say that West Fargo does not have a leader, Roundem6 did, an obvious Fargo North student.

I don't think Shanley has much of a chance against Mandan. They are too small and won't be able to hold Kielpinski. He had 31 and 13 last game, and I don't see this changing much.

My WDA bias really isn't terrible. How much have I been wrong? I predicted Mandan to beat West Fargo and was wrong. That is it. Last year I predicted almost everything exactly how it happened. Same with the year before. I don't see where my huge bias has come into play.

I could easily say that you have an EDC bias, thinking a team like Shanley has a chance to beat a team like Mandan. Mandan starts 6'8'', 6'3'', 6'3'', 6'3'', 5'11''. Shanley's tallest player is 6'3''. I don't think Shanley can match up physically, or stop Kielpinski. This isn't bias, this is an opinion, based in fact.

I wish you would respond to this question.

Am I the only one who thinks that if North and BHS play, it will be a very good game? The WDA has no point guard like Savageau, and I am not sure how quickly BHS will adjust to him.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:04 pm

These are my comments on the first game, please show me what excuses I made.

"Mandan was not hittings some open looks. West Fargo went on a stretch where they were on fire. I believe Farkas hit one, Williams hit one, Schwartz hit one, and the tall dude hit 2, in a span of about 8 minutes. They actually allowed Mandan to get back in the game, somewhat due to the help of Mandan's press. Flaten has a very strong showing in the first half, and Williams finished the game at the line. On Mandan's side, Kielpinski was all over the boards and had a fairly strong showing, as did Coyle. Friesz, Flaa, Collins, and Eisenbeis missed some easy looks from 3. Mandan missed a chance to tie with about 40 seconds left as Coyle's three rimmed out. Mandan also had about 8 uncontested travels. This was actually the best game I have seen Mandan play all year. Obviously West Fargo looked good as well."

I give credit where credit is due.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wrestler » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Dear East,
Why is there a west bias????? I know that sometimes the truth hurts, and Ball45 is trying to deliver that truth diplomatically, but don't get so upset over the facts. I am not as diplomatic as he is (he may be governor some day) so here goes.
First of all, we hear the same thing every year, how the east is good this year (look back in the archives). One of these years you just might be right. Could it be this year?

Maybe there is "west confidence" because:
1) West has gone 12-4 on Day 1 the last 4 years.
2) West has won 8 of the last 10 state tournaments
3) West lost very few key seniors from WDA last year (which won 3 of 4 on Day 1)
4) West won 3 of 4 on Day 1 of STATE HOCKEY this year.

West= Better weather, better athletics
East= Higher population, colder, floods, but you still have hockey..........uh-oh ;)

The east has no chance in 2 games. So 2-2 would be a moral victory for you guys. It could happen. Good luck.
Last edited by Wrestler on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wrestler
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbball1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:13 pm

For the games that were played in reg. season wda has 11 wins and edc has 6 wins, im not saying wda is better but i was just throwing a stat out there.
ndbball1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby KiNg LeBrOn » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Wrestler wrote:Dear East,
Why is there a west bias????? I know that sometimes the truth hurts, and Ball45 is trying to deliver that truth diplomatically, but don't get so upset over the facts. I am not as diplomatic as he is (he may be governor some day) so here goes.
First of all, we hear the same thing every year, how the east is good this year (look back in the archives). One of these years you just might be right. Could it be this year?

Maybe there is "west confidence" because:
1) West has gone 12-4 on Day 1 the last 4 years.
2) West has won 8 of the last 10 state tournaments
3) West lost very few key seniors from WDA last year (which won 3 of 4 on Day 1)
4) West won 3 of 4 on Day 1 of STATE HOCKEY this year.

West= Better weather, better athletics
East= Higher population, colder, floods, but you still have hockey..........uh-oh ;)

The east has no chance in 2 games. So 2-2 would be a moral victory for you guys. It could happen. Good luck.

Boom. This is a perfect post. Maurer isn't biased. He tells the facts and gives a good opinion. The east needs to earn their respect first. Savageau and Schreiner are very good. They could easily earn it this year at State, but please don't give the biased comments when Maurer is just trying to help everyone out with some knowledgeable statements and facts.
Swag is vicious
KiNg LeBrOn
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 pm

Leave it to more West guys to say a guy from the West isnt biassed. I dont know how you arent biassed if you think Bryan Kielpinski is just as good as Nik Savageau.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the_truth_hurts » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:49 pm

roundem6 wrote:Leave it to more West guys to say a guy from the West isnt biassed. I dont know how you arent biassed if you think Bryan Kielpinski is just as good as Nik Savageau.

state tournament MVP....people lie, results dont.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:49 pm

roundem6, i highly doubt you have ever seen BK play. so what are you basing this off of?
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:51 pm

1. stats
2. the fact that he is 6'8" in North Dakota.
3. I have seen him play about 5 times.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:53 pm

the_truth_hurts wrote:
roundem6 wrote:Leave it to more West guys to say a guy from the West isnt biassed. I dont know how you arent biassed if you think Bryan Kielpinski is just as good as Nik Savageau.

If that first round game last year goes North's way, Nik Savageau is state tourney MVP.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the_truth_hurts » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:55 pm

roundem6 wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:

If that first round game last year goes North's way, Nik Savageau is state tourney MVP.

but.......it didnt
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:00 pm

I do think the west is hands down stronger than the east.The east only has/had 3 teams that have a chance to win the state tournament, with 1 not even making it to state (red river). The east has some terrible teams at the bottom and the west has 8 solid teams. If North and West Fargo play well, they both have a good chance to make the state title game. I still believe it will be a Bismarck/Mandan final.

Fargo North 2-0 Verses West opponents ( one being in the state tournament, minot. IMO minot isn't even close to being on the same level as north.)
West Fargo 2-1 Verses West opponents ( beat mandan, lost to century)
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys