State Tournament

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: State Tournament

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:13 pm

yes i also heard north was playing terrible, almost beat themselves.

all the semifinal games will be on TV tomorrow correct?
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby october23sp » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:49 pm

GFRR99 wrote:yes i also heard north was playing terrible, almost beat themselves.

all the semifinal games will be on TV tomorrow correct?

Yes.

BHS vs FN @ 1
MHS vs WF @ 6:30
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby KiNg LeBrOn » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:16 pm

roundem6 wrote:
crazymonkey2 wrote:
GFRR99 wrote:Only way century has a chance to win is if they shut down Nik. I just don't see that happening

Century will be just fine they played terrible all of the games at WDA so im pretty sure if they can pull it together they can make a legit run for it lets not forget they only lost to BHS by 5 and Mandan by 1

North was doin their best job of trying to give it away but Century couldnt take it.

No, Century stifled North and Savageau. Century more or less beat themselves. Century literally missed about ten lay ups, they should have advanced.
Swag is vicious
KiNg LeBrOn
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:39 pm

if ifs and buts were candies and nuts, it'd be christmas all year round.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:40 am

2 things. While the WDA dominated state last year, people forget that the EDC 3 and 4 seeds were their best teams, so North had to play the #1 from the WDA, or else it would have been very balanced, and EDC probably would have gone 2-2 last year as well. This is why I think state should be seeded.

What I thought of day 1.

Bismarck-Fargo South, this was a game simply dominated by BHS. Too big and strong for South. Finley looked like an all stater.

Century-Fargo North, very good game actually. Nik was off, but Nick Schultz had a great game to make up for it. Also very impressed with John Mullen off the bench. On Century's end, missed lay ups and free throws really cost them this game, as they had many chances to win. Nice win by Fargo North.

Minot-West Fargo, another great game. I was absolutely impressed with both coaches and both team's defensive play. Game was higher scoring than I expected, but these teams are phenomenal defensively. A very good game as expected.

Mandan-Fargo Shanley, a game that surprised me. Started out much closer than I expected. Rodenbiker was very impressive, more on that later, and Kielpinski dominated. Coyle and Jacobson didn't show out as I had hoped they would. I think Kielpinski is the reason Mandan won this game, along with some timely shooting by Flaa. Seniors stepped up.

Rodenbiker is, by far, the most underrated player in the state. I have seen him play 2 games this year and wow! Amazing talent. Very shifty with the ball and a quick release. Reminds me of Jordan May. Very impressed.'

Semifinal Games.

Bismarck-Fargo North
I think that, if Nik Savageau is on his game, Fargo North has a shot at an upset. There is no team like Fargo North in the WDA, and I am interested in seeing how Nik and Nick attack Bismarck. Fargo North's guards will be key if they want to win this game.

Mandan-West Fargo
This game will come down to whether or not Mandan scores. I do not think West Fargo can win a game played in the 70s or 80s, but if they keep the score in the 40s and 50s, they have a very good chance. Kielpinski needs to be 20+, along with at least 2 other players in double figures to ensure a win for Mandan.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby october23sp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:11 pm

balla45 wrote:2 things. While the WDA dominated state last year, people forget that the EDC 3 and 4 seeds were their best teams, so North had to play the #1 from the WDA, or else it would have been very balanced, and EDC probably would have gone 2-2 last year as well. This is why I think state should be seeded.

What I thought of day 1.

Bismarck-Fargo South, this was a game simply dominated by BHS. Too big and strong for South. Finley looked like an all stater.

Century-Fargo North, very good game actually. Nik was off, but Nick Schultz had a great game to make up for it. Also very impressed with John Mullen off the bench. On Century's end, missed lay ups and free throws really cost them this game, as they had many chances to win. Nice win by Fargo North.

Minot-West Fargo, another great game. I was absolutely impressed with both coaches and both team's defensive play. Game was higher scoring than I expected, but these teams are phenomenal defensively. A very good game as expected.

Mandan-Fargo Shanley, a game that surprised me. Started out much closer than I expected. Rodenbiker was very impressive, more on that later, and Kielpinski dominated. Coyle and Jacobson didn't show out as I had hoped they would. I think Kielpinski is the reason Mandan won this game, along with some timely shooting by Flaa. Seniors stepped up.

Rodenbiker is, by far, the most underrated player in the state. I have seen him play 2 games this year and wow! Amazing talent. Very shifty with the ball and a quick release. Reminds me of Jordan May. Very impressed.'

Semifinal Games.

Bismarck-Fargo North
I think that, if Nik Savageau is on his game, Fargo North has a shot at an upset. There is no team like Fargo North in the WDA, and I am interested in seeing how Nik and Nick attack Bismarck. Fargo North's guards will be key if they want to win this game.

Mandan-West Fargo
This game will come down to whether or not Mandan scores. I do not think West Fargo can win a game played in the 70s or 80s, but if they keep the score in the 40s and 50s, they have a very good chance. Kielpinski needs to be 20+, along with at least 2 other players in double figures to ensure a win for Mandan.

He was on but BHS won by 42. You need more than one guy to win a game.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby trigger » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:12 pm

interested in what fans thought of the elbow of the Bismarck center connecting with the jaw of the north guard. In the NBA the center could have been ejected. I had the advantage of replay on the web. What do you experts think?
trigger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby october23sp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:21 pm

trigger wrote:interested in what fans thought of the elbow of the Bismarck center connecting with the jaw of the north guard. In the NBA the center could have been ejected. I had the advantage of replay on the web. What do you experts think?

This is a terrible post. He did what you are taught to do when rebounding. It was also a flop job on the part of the guard as he popped right back up.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby october23sp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Wow, watching the Mandan WF game on TV and Shock might be the worst starting basketball player in the state.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:53 pm

lookin like a man/bis final.
bhs shot lights out today and Savageau was the only one who could do anything for North. 11-15 31 pts.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby october23sp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:55 pm

roundem6 wrote:lookin like a man/bis final.
bhs shot lights out today and Savageau was the only one who could do anything for North. 11-15 31 pts.

Is west really as bad as they look??
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:57 pm

Never said they were bad just said East is extremely underrated. Then again, if you would have told me before the bismarck game that Nik had 31 pts I would say North wins the game.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby october23sp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:06 pm

roundem6 wrote:Never said they were bad just said East is extremely underrated. Then again, if you would have told me before the bismarck game that Nik had 31 pts I would say North wins the game.

No, I mean West Fargo in this current game, are they really this bad?
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby october23sp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:48 pm

BHS vs MHS both just murdered their "opponents" from the east in the semi-finals. Hilariously bad showings from North and West Fargo.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:58 pm

october23sp wrote:
roundem6 wrote:Never said they were bad just said East is extremely underrated. Then again, if you would have told me before the bismarck game that Nik had 31 pts I would say North wins the game.

Their D isnt doin terrible, but they have lacked offense all year in my opinion.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby october23sp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:04 pm

roundem6 wrote:
october23sp wrote:

Their D isnt doin terrible, but they have lacked offense all year in my opinion.

You can say that again. 28 Points against Mandan.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 pm

After today, can anyone say that we WDA fans have a huge bias, or that we are accurate in the WDA being much better?

The best teams in the EDC lost by 27 and 42, the 42 point loss being in a game where Nik Savageau played very well.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:54 pm

balla45 wrote:After today, can anyone say that we WDA fans have a huge bias, or that we are accurate in the WDA being much better?

The best teams in the EDC lost by 27 and 42, the 42 point loss being in a game where Nik Savageau played very well.

To be fair, it was more of a 25 point loss for North, the 5 bench players for north who never get time basically just gave Bismarck a bunch of points at the end (Don't get me wrong, that is still a terrible loss).

The west is obviously better than the east. no contest. And I would bet the majority of the people from the east thought that it would be a Mandan/Bismarck final, as I did myself. but many people on here were predicting a west sweep in the first round, which is a little bias because i believe north is much better than century and wf is better than minot.

Everyone on North besides Nik played pretty bad the first 2 games, especially today. North could beat bismarck 2/10 times I would say. Embarrassing loss nontheless.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Bismark ups the tempo and beats Mandan tonight
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon201 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:32 pm

We're posting some pictures on the State Tournament website for all Thursday and Saturday games. Send the link on to any family/friends who are out of state or maybe deployed who might like to see a little bit of the tournament. http://activities.educ8.org/albums.htm
demon201
NDPreps Reserve

Postby october23sp » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:15 pm

3. West Fargo
4. Fargo North
5. Century
6. Minot
7. Shanley
8. Fargo South
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:39 pm

october23sp wrote:1.
3. West Fargo
4. Fargo North
5. Century
6. Minot
7. Shanley
8. Fargo South

West wins in the loser bracket as well. Hmmm. I'm starting to think there really wasn't any biased by the people of the west as there talk as been pretty accurate. Except for the couple ridiculous people from Century that thought the west would sweep.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby pumping1gas » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:22 pm

Last edited by pumping1gas on Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pumping1gas
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pumping1gas » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:31 pm

Last edited by pumping1gas on Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pumping1gas
NDPreps Reserve

Postby october23sp » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:44 am

Unbelievable game, Esley Thorton absolutely took over. Coyle from Mandan, too. Far and away the best game in state tournament history. Mandan may be the best ever team to not win it. Dang good game.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys