Hansted

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Hansted

Postby schmiddy101 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:18 pm

[quote="balla45"]Just using numbers and the colleges recruiting people and the colleges people are going to, the senior class looks like this to me:

1. Savageau/Kielpinski--Same college, comparable numbers, comparable team success, etc.
3. Schreiner/Eiken--Same levels of college, comparable numbers, comparable team success, etc.

Would you agree with this?[/quote/]

I would agree with this statement
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:26 pm

If you actually watched North play I think all of you would agree that savageau is the 2nd best player in the state at worst.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:30 pm

balla45, back to the statement about the 6'3" guys on Savageau's team, have you watched them?
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby threeball » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:20 pm

roundem6, I have to say, I guarded Hanstad multiple times last season and also guarded Savageau. So, having guarded them both I have to give credit to Savageau, as he is a very good player, but no one in ND compares to Hanstad. You can back up Savageau as much as you want, but unless you have played against both of them in high intensity games, you really don't know. I will be watching Savageau tonight, so I will let you know if he somehow changes my mind.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:56 pm

roundem6 wrote:If you actually watched North play I think all of you would agree that savageau is the 2nd best player in the state at worst.

At best. He isn't close to Joe, you won't convince anyone.

I don't see how he is better than Bryan and if he is it isn't by much. Earlier in the season I would have given Nik the nod, but after watching Bryan absolutely dominate for the entire months of January and February, I have changed my mind. His last three games he has had 16 and 17, 16 and 7, 29 and 13. That seems to argue convincingly against Nik.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:49 am

The only monster game out of all of those is the 29 and 13 really. I think BK should get about 15 boards a night considering his size. I think I am about done talking about this unless you feel it is necessary to keep the discussion going. I will say though that you yourself did say that Nik is more skilled than Bryan and obviously better but you would not admit it.

Tonight Savy had 11 at half then in the 2nd half went kind of cold. Eventually hit a 3 and 2 free throws to give North the lead for good and finished with 23, I think. Just an update :)

I think Nik is better, you think like 3 other players are, just a matter of opinion. I enjoy the discussion.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:28 am

I did just say that. Earlier in the season I would have given the nod to Savageau. At this point, I don't think I would. It isn't a fair discussion because I see the WDA players and you see the EDC players. I like this discussion because I get some solid info on how the EDC games are going.

I don't think Nik is better than Joe, but he and Bryan are very close, along with Adam Randall from Class B. I think they are all ahead of every other senior, and are all pretty close in their own skill levels.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:33 am

They are both great players and I think it is hard to debate between 5'10" guard and a 6'8" center. What are Bryan's stats? Ill just assume that the WDA site is off.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:25 pm

balla45 wrote:I did just say that. Earlier in the season I would have given the nod to Savageau. At this point, I don't think I would. It isn't a fair discussion because I see the WDA players and you see the EDC players. I like this discussion because I get some solid info on how the EDC games are going.

I don't think Nik is better than Joe, but he and Bryan are very close, along with Adam Randall from Class B. I think they are all ahead of every other senior, and are all pretty close in their own skill levels.

Randall is a great player and scored his 2,000th point this year. He's got good size and slashing ability but I think he needs to add a consistent jumper to be successful in college.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby KiNg LeBrOn » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:19 pm

After watching the Century Dickinson game today, there is no doubt Hanstad is BY FAR the best player in the state. He single-handedly gave his team a chance. He was on fire. His jumper is silky. He scored 34 with pretty much 3 or 4 guys guarding him at once, but Century took the game, and proved that you need more than one player to be a good team
Swag is vicious
KiNg LeBrOn
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:27 pm

415 points from 2000. Will be Class A's first 2000 point scorer and all time leading scorer. Can't wait.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby senser » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:17 am

Hanstad is a great talent. He's a legitimate D1 player and the best thing I've seen in ND since Boschee, although he isn't on Boschee's level at Valley City. I don't get a chance to see much class B so I can't comment on those kids.

I've seen them both play a few times this year. Hanstad is easily a better talent, but Nick is the better high school player in what he does for his team. You take Savageau out of the equation and North has a bunch of descent players at best. I don't care what the numbers say of the role players, the North supporting cast around Savageau isn't anything good by any means. You put him in and they are a legitimate championship contender, unarguably moreso than Dickinson. JMHO.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:20 am

Are you serious?

If you put Hanstad on North they are also a legitmate title contender.

If you take Hanstad off of Dickinson, they would struggle to win 1 game.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby senser » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:25 am

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a very merry christmas.

I can almost assure you one thing, Savageau on Dickinson would up the stats for all the players around him and they would still be a state calibur team.

I'm not taking anything away from Hanstad, the kid is a baller. It's just a shame that people don't recognize the same in Savageau.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:28 am

I can almost assure you that Hanstad on North would have probably led to an undefeated season to this point.

I'm not taking anything away from Savageau, he is a stud, just not on the same level as Hanstad.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby senser » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:34 am

LMAO no, North would not be undefeated with Hanstad. If he can't lead his Dickinson crew to an undefeated season, he surely would not have beat Red River by himself, especially taking into account the inept play of his teammates in both games (Savageau's teammates at Fargo North).

Studwise, he isn't on the same level. ND high school team impact wise, he's above and beyond (because he's a year older).

Like what's been stated earlier, they 2 different kinds of players. It's like an extreme comparison of Tracy McGrady (in his prime) and Derron Williams.

You can't even compare the 2 individually in comparison. I'm not even sure why people in this thread are trying.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:37 am

Having played all of these people, I can say that Nik's supporting cast is better than Joe's at every position.

How is Nik above and beyond because he is a year older? Joe has taken third place at state while having 42 in the third place game.

It is easy to compare these two, because it is nothing like Tracy and Deron.

Also. Joe pretty much beat Red River by himself at state last year, and Red River is the same team both years, so it isn't a stretch to say he could have done it again.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby senser » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:43 am

Nik's supporting cast is nowhere near a state calibur team. WIth Nik they are a legitimate contender. He makes his teammates better. It isn't that hard to see, really.

Well then, I'll just have to make the end of comparison of the two at State next week.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:44 am

I do see that.

You don't see that Joe's team probably would not win a single game without him.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby senser » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:46 am

LMAO

They lost to Turtle Mountain. Twice I see. Did Joe miss those games?
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:48 am

Nope. He averaged over 30 in those games.

This seems to back up what I say. If Dickinson can not beat Turtle Mountain with the state's best player, who would they beat without the state's best player?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby senser » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:50 am

Well, at least we can put that absurd "undefeated with Fargo North" nonsense away. I understand that Hanstad blows him away on an individual skill level, but that's disrespect to Nik Savageau. And how come Dickinson can't get players? The high school is significantly bigger than Fargo North, with significantly more guys to choose from.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:53 am

I stand by that. I think it is very likely that North would have gone undefeated with Hanstad. A slightly different turn of events and they would have gone undefeated with Savageau.

I don't see how I am disrespecting Nik Savageau by thinking Hanstad is a better player.

Dickinson had players. They graduated. They won state 3 years ago. They also lost a very good coach.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:04 am

I will add that I wish Savageau had received the NDSU offer his first year, because I think he could have contributed and done very well at that level. You really have no idea how good I think Savageau is or how much I respect his game. Starting from the first time I watched him play with him dropping 9 threes against Kielpinski's team in Mandan I knew he was very good. Nik is one of the best North Dakota players I have watched or played against in high school basketball. Right up there with Allard, May, Martinez, Erdmann, Kick, Wilhelm, Belohlavek, et all. There is no disrespect, I just think Hanstad is better.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby KiNg LeBrOn » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:56 am

senser wrote:LMAO no, North would not be undefeated with Hanstad. If he can't lead his Dickinson crew to an undefeated season, he surely would not have beat Red River by himself, especially taking into account the inept play of his teammates in both games (Savageau's teammates at Fargo North).

Studwise, he isn't on the same level. ND high school team impact wise, he's above and beyond (because he's a year older).

Like what's been stated earlier, they 2 different kinds of players. It's like an extreme comparison of Tracy McGrady (in his prime) and Derron Williams.

You can't even compare the 2 individually in comparison. I'm not even sure why people in this thread are trying.

If you would have been able to see the WDA tournament, you would agree that Hanstad would be able to lead North to an undefeated season. He has zero help from his supporting cast. No one could do better with Dickinson than him. The other teams run 4 guys at him. Without him, they wouldn't have even made it to WDA. But he kept them close to Mandan and Century and beat Jamestown by 20. If they were in tourney without him they would have lost by 40.
Swag is vicious
KiNg LeBrOn
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys