EDC/WDA

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

EDC/WDA

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:25 am

Seeds are all set for next weeks tourneys.

WDA- No suprises.

Bismarck vs. Mandan championship as everyone expects, toss up from there.
Think Century and Jamestown get the 3 and 4.

EDC- Pick is North, their road to the ship is vs teams they are 6-0 against.

North vs. Wahp
WF vs. Central
Devils Lake vs. RR ----Red River is on a decline of late and I see DL gettin it done again.
South vs. Shanley---- Should be the best 1st round game, South squeaks it out.

North vs. South
WF vs. Devils lake

North vs. WF ; with Red River and Shanley gettin the 3 and 4.
North has dominated the EDC all year and should continue success into EDC tourney.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: EDC/WDA

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:09 am

FN over Wahp
Shanley over South
WF over GFC
GFRR over DL

Loser out
South over Wahp
DL over GFC

Semis
Shanley over FN (my upset)
WF over GFRR

Region Qualifiers
South over GFRR
FN over DL

Championship
WF over Shanley
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby thecook » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:55 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:FN over Wahp
Shanley over South
WF over GFC
GFRR over DL

Loser out
South over Wahp
DL over GFC

Semis
WF over GFRR

Region Qualifiers
South over GFRR
FN over DL

Championship
WF over Shanley

that is one huge upset. most likely won't happen though
thecook
NDPreps Reserve

Postby schmiddy101 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:29 am

I could see minot getting in there as the fourth seed from the west
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 am

I think Shanley is good, just when they play North Savy can shut down Rodenbiker so the rest of the team struggles.I dont see them beating North.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Home Run » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Does anybody have the tournament scores from today? In particular, Fargo South versus Wahpeton. Thanks for any information on the EDC tournament for anyone who attended any of the games today/tonight.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:10 pm

I see Dickinson beat Jamestown convincingly today. I imagine Hanstad is doing great as always but looks like the role players had to step some for that effort. I also saw they only lost to Mandan by 10 so thats not too bad.

So now they get cross bracketed to play Century. Any predictions on that one? Beginning of the year Century looked good but now they've kind of hit a skid.

My predictions for tomorrow:

Mandan over Bismarck- One possesion game the whole way and I think it will come down to Bismarck having the last shot and missing. I have no clue why but I just feel thats how it will go.

I'll take Minot over Williston over Williston by about 7.

Dickinson over Century- This is more what I'm hoping for just because I want to watch Hanstad next weekend. I feel Century hasn't been playing great lately and Joe will step it up to get his team to state. I think he will have 35-40. The deciding factor will be if he can get a little help from somone else. Alls it will take is one person to step up and play well to give Joe some help.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:37 am

I also hope Dickinson can pull it off for the same reasons. Only a 11 point loss to Mandan and a convincing win over Jamestown, I think they can pull it off against Century if they get a tad bit help from the role players.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:38 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:FN over Wahp
Shanley over South
WF over GFC
GFRR over DL

Loser out
South over Wahp
DL over GFC

Semis
WF over GFRR

Region Qualifiers
South over GFRR
FN over DL

Championship
WF over Shanley

Almost had the Shanley upset, they were winning much of the game.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:59 am

Home Run wrote:Does anybody have the tournament scores from today? In particular, Fargo South versus Wahpeton. Thanks for any information on the EDC tournament for anyone who attended any of the games today/tonight.

Championship
North vs. WF

State Qualifiers

South vs. RR
DL vs. Shanley
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Home Run » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:16 am

Thanks for the updates. I have been predicting a South state tourney birth, but I was hoping it wouldn't be against such a high scoring team like Red River to advance. It will be hard to score enough points to advance, but maybe Red River's "cold-shooting"and a quality defensive game plan/effort can keep them in check like West Fargo did to RR. I realize West Fargo is a great defensive team, but I think South has the athletes to do this against Red River as well. I guess we will find out tomorrow. Thanks again for the update. Good to see Wawers finishing his senior year in such a strong fashion.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:20 am

Ya WF is great defensively but I thought RR could have scored more with their guards. I think South has a decent chance of getting the win tomorrow due to RR's coldness of late and Red Riv doesnt play D very well. Should be a good game.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:31 am

I think that Dickinson will beat Century. Jarl and Nate have stepped their game up during the tournament and Joe was able to do well last night when Jamestown couldn't double him. I think they beat Century at the free throw line at the end.

Williston and Minot will be a very close game as well. Williston's seniors have really come to play this weekend, and I won't count them out. However, Minot is a rock defensively, and Jesse Crosby has been playing well.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:22 pm

State Bound:

Title Game to come...

#3 Shanley
#4 South
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Home Run » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:39 pm

Yes, it is truly great to see South get back to the big dance! Granted the state tournament will be extremely tough for them, but I kept up hope that they would get in. Unfortunately they will play either Bismarck or Mandan first round if I'm correct with how the bracketing works. Ouch! Yet still making it to the tourney is a major step in the right direction for the Bruins Program. Congrats Bruins!
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby Home Run » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:43 pm

Just saw the score of the Mandan - Bismarck game with two point victory for Bismarck. Last second shot? Details anyone?
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:32 pm

Close to the end. BHS up by 4, Coyle hit a jumper, Finley was fouled, missed, Coyle raced up the court and missed the potential game tieing shot.

Nice win by BHS.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:55 am

North had a 14 point lead at one point tonight I believe and just got lazy. If they want to go anywhere in state, they need to get a killer instinct. Red River really disappointed this weekend. South and Shanley played really solid this weekend but they wont beat the top WDA seeds.
The two EDC championships were two of the best games I've watched this year. The North girls battled all game and got it into OT with South and Dehne barely missed a half court winner. Then, WF battled back and beat North in the boys. Great basketball this weekend.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys