EDC/WDA

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

EDC/WDA

Postby roundem6 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 pm

Early in year, everybody was convinced the the WDA was so much more solid top to bottom than the EDC. Now, I believe the EDC is the better of the two conferences. South and Devils Lake have come alive as of late and now there is more balance in the East compared to the West. Central and Wahpeton are the only 2 terrible teams and everyone else above that is average to good from the 1-6 spots.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: EDC/WDA

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:54 pm

I don't think the EDC is better, just topheavy. The middle is more balanced I guess, but I don't think anyone thought any teams outside of Fargo North, West Fargo, and Red River were very good. Coaches in other league's I have talked to stated that 1-7 in the WDA is better than 2-8 in the EDC, basically stating that Williston or Saint Mary's would be the second best team in the EDC. State tournament will be very telling.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby digger » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:59 pm

roundem6 wrote:Early in year, everybody was convinced the the WDA was so much more solid top to bottom than the EDC. Now, I believe the EDC is the better of the two conferences. South and Devils Lake have come alive as of late and now there is more balance in the East compared to the West. Central and Wahpeton are the only 2 terrible teams and everyone else above that is average to good from the 1-6 spots.

I don't put much credence in the balance argument. The EDC may be balanced, but that balance is between average teams. In my opinion North is the only EDC team that has a shot at winning a state championship, I just don't see any of the other teams being able to put together a multi-game run against increasingly tough competition.
Last edited by digger on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby teamramrod » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:56 pm

wat about red river or wf or even south for that matter. i think all three those teams could make a run at state. mainly red river because if they shoot the three like they do against north they will beat anyone. and wf beat mandan earlier this year so i dont know how you can say the west is so much more dominant then the east.
teamramrod
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:55 pm

balla45 wrote:I don't think the EDC is better, just topheavy. The middle is more balanced I guess, but I don't think anyone thought any teams outside of Fargo North, West Fargo, and Red River were very good. Coaches in other league's I have talked to stated that 1-7 in the WDA is better than 2-8 in the EDC, basically stating that Williston or Saint Mary's would be the second best team in the EDC. State tournament will be very telling.

I think that's just your WDA bias talkin. There is no way St. Mary's or Williston would be 2nd best in EDC. WDA's top may be better with Bismarck and Mandan but the EDC is more competitive and balanced top-to-bottom. I think at state it will be 2 East and 2 West teams in the state semi's since obvioiusly Bismarck and Mandan are better than what the East has to offer at 3 and 4. And likewise, I think the top 2 seeds out of the east get Ws in the 1st round of games.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:28 am

I don't agree with the statement, I just said that I have heard other coaches say this. I still think North, West Fargo, and Red River all have a legitimate chance at making a run at state. As do Mandan, Bismarck, Century, and Jamestown.

Jamestown might surprise people, me included. They start three 6'4'' kids that can hit the three along with a heady point guard. If they are hot at the right time, they could make some noise.

I like a North-Mandan/Bismarck final. Depending on the seeding.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:20 pm

Depending on the EDC Tourney, I dont think the lower seeds really have a chance unless they can pull something off against Bis/Mandan in the first rounds.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby secondwind » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Balla45 & digger are correct; other than North, the EDC is very average this year. Even North I would consider only being a very good team, not a great team. Savageau is the wildcard as he is talented enough to put North on his shoulders and carry them quite a ways. If you look @ EDC/WDA senior class as a whole this year their is very little college material playing, thus quality of basketball is down IMO.
secondwind
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys