Biz/Mandan

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Biz/Mandan

Postby skyman13 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:28 am

Here they go again..Thurs..Deja Vu..ranked #1 and #2 just like the first time..Anybody out there got thoughts..Believe at home Braves will play better than the first go round...BOTH teams playing the best Defense in the WDA if not State...Good post play, timely shooting and limited turnovers will keep Mandan in the game...Get there early and enjoy the game!!
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Re: Biz/Mandan

Postby bawlhogg701 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:59 pm

Bismarck by 12 in tough atmosphere...
<{I Ball}>
bawlhogg701
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:14 pm

I would be surprised if Bismarck doesn't come with a ton of pressure... I'm sure they'll want to push the tempo of the game...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller_2010 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:55 pm

BHS pulls away at the end for a 7-10 point win
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:27 am

Mandan wins this game in convincing fashion.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby powercat » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:17 am

Bismarck by 20 +/- 5 depending on when they pull the starters.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvsports » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:59 am

Mandan by 7 points - last loss of the year for BHS
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby skyman13 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:19 pm

IT is all contingent on how Mandan handles the Demon pressure and smothering D..If they can do that and stay composed..I believe it will go down to the last few minutes...I would say Biz by 4 in a close one..Mandan has #2 in WDA locked up but this game is a gut check to see how they can play with the Top Dog..would give them confidence going into trny!!
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:19 am

correct me if i am wrong here but if mandan wins and both teams up winning out (which is likely) does the tiebreaker will the tiebreaker between the two come down to head to head point differencial? If so mandan would have to beat BHS by more than 14 points to get the number 1 seed
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 am

I think it goes to overall record. Anyone know for sure?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:27 am

I think it is head to head point differential first, then overall.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:32 am

Thank you. On a sidenote, I just glanced through. There are only 6 teams in the state above .500 right now.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:01 pm

It's been a crazy year for everyone
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby october23sp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 pm

Get ready for the worst reffed game of the year ladies and gents.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Mandan 54 Bismarck 48

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby luvsports » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 pm

luvsports wrote:Mandan by 7 points - last loss of the year for BHS

I wasn't too far off....we will see if the 2nd part of the statement remains true.
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:19 pm

so what is the deal with the WDA Tourney seedings? who knows for sure, head-to-head point differential or overall? Im leanin towards the head to head differential..
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby skyman13 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:41 pm

I would lean on that theory as well..Biz is a plus in point differnece..Could come down to that last game vs Century next Thurs at CC..Mandan must also take care of their own @ Dix..Both are locked in @ 1 and 2 seeds..

Great atmosphere for a game..Both teams played hard-nosed D..Biz didnt shoot the ball very well..on other hand Mandan perimeter players didnt either..Brian K has been consistent for about 6-7 weeks now and the team feeds off of him..Mike Miller was the best player on the court Thurs nite..!!

Round 2 to Mandan..Round 3 WDA ??
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbfollower » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:18 am

What an awesome game last night! Congratulations to the Mandan Braves for outlasting the Demons. It was a hard played game.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon201 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:06 pm

That will be the last time Bismarck loses to Mandan. They'll shoot a heckuva lot better at the Civic Center than that, and somehow I imagine the push-off and over-the-back fouls on Kielpinski will not be quite as ... unseen? Great atmosphere for a game last night. But a note to Mandan fans - you don't chant overrated at the end of a game when you were #2 and they were #1. You do that when you're unrated, or maybe #5, and knock them off. If BHS had been overrated, that means you were underrated, and you were #2 and the defending champs. That chant just didn't apply last night. When you're defending champs, you're not allowed to chant that all year, especially with Mandan's record.
demon201
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:16 am

Now I might say overrated hahaha
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby luvsports » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:59 pm

roundem6 wrote:Now I might say overrated hahaha

yep = what was Jamestown rated? :D
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbball1 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:40 pm

demon201 wrote:That will be the last time Bismarck loses to Mandan. They'll shoot a heckuva lot better at the Civic Center than that, and somehow I imagine the push-off and over-the-back fouls on Kielpinski will not be quite as ... unseen? Great atmosphere for a game last night. But a note to Mandan fans - you don't chant overrated at the end of a game when you were #2 and they were #1. You do that when you're unrated, or maybe #5, and knock them off. If BHS had been overrated, that means you were underrated, and you were #2 and the defending champs. That chant just didn't apply last night. When you're defending champs, you're not allowed to chant that all year, especially with Mandan's record.

this is very funny haha, who are you to make the rules on what fans chant, this is just a fun chant for the fans and its not just mandan who does it, many schools do it when they beat a higher ranked team. your just mad because your demons lost.
ndbball1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:48 pm

ndbball1 wrote:
demon201 wrote:That will be the last time Bismarck loses to Mandan. They'll shoot a heckuva lot better at the Civic Center than that, and somehow I imagine the push-off and over-the-back fouls on Kielpinski will not be quite as ... unseen? Great atmosphere for a game last night. But a note to Mandan fans - you don't chant overrated at the end of a game when you were #2 and they were #1. You do that when you're unrated, or maybe #5, and knock them off. If BHS had been overrated, that means you were underrated, and you were #2 and the defending champs. That chant just didn't apply last night. When you're defending champs, you're not allowed to chant that all year, especially with Mandan's record.

this is very funny haha, who are you to make the rules on what fans chant, this is just a fun chant for the fans and its not just mandan who does it, many schools do it when they beat a higher ranked team. your just mad because your demons lost.

Agreed. How cant you be overrated when everyone is talkin how they arent gonna lose all year?
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Are you aware that over-the-back is not a foul? This is just something that parents and fans yell a lot.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys