North vs. West Fargo Part II

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

North vs. West Fargo Part II

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:23 am

I dont expect many responses to this, primarily because the site is full of WDA users.

Top 2 teams in the East go at it Saturday in a HUGE game for postseason positioning for both teams. Last time, the game was decided in the last 2 seconds. I expect the encore be just as good. West Fargo plays great. hardnosed defense, but I think they lack a leader and a playmaker and the court. North has Savageau and this is the reason I will pick North to get the season sweep of the Packers. 67-63.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: North vs. West Fargo Part II

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:26 am

I like North by double digits in this one.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:38 am

If North's post committee can pick it up and toughen up, I dont think North will have a problem because Sav, Strom, Schultz, etc. should not have a problem with WF's guards. However, if the so-called "bigs" of North play like they did last time against WF, I could see a game that comes down to the last seconds again.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thecook » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:48 am

I believe that WF can beat North and lock up the edc.
thecook
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:55 pm

a win would not lock up edc for them necessarily. Comin off a 1 point win vs. South in a game they should have lost, and WF is way less talented than North IMO. Savageau is the difference maker in this matchup because WF does not have a leader on the floor, like Savy is to North.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fargocatcher10 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:53 am

yeah ill disagree with that because i think that west fargo does have a leader on the court. obviously hes no savajeau but Farkas handles the team well.. He has had a couple 10+ assist games. And again look for Flaten to look onto Savy and not let him do much. I think West Fargo is underestimated and they have a good chance to compete for state.
fargocatcher10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:24 am

idk about flaten not lettin sav do much. He did have 23 last time they played, unless that qualifies for shutting him down, I think he did pretty much what he wanted.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby teamramrod » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:12 pm

north will dom up tonight, sav will do wat he wants and now that mullen is more of a in their post and schultz playing alot better i dont see this being as close as last time. north will also have the advantage of the 6th man even at wf considering they do have the best student section in the state
teamramrod
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:03 pm

North victory by like 25 I believe. North dominated that game from start to finish. Sav didnt get his average but was extremely efficient shooting and getting everyone involved. Nick Schultz had 26. Story of the game was North's defense IMO, West Fargo had 19 points at half thanks to a buzzer beater by Flaten. You were wrong about Farkas, really handled the team well tonight.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:57 am

WEST FARGO STATE CHAMPS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:20 pm

whoever is relying on the Forum for stats needs to stop. Nik had atleast 4 assists to Schultz alone, I would say he had at the minimum 10 assists last night and the Forum said he had 4.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Stats are only as accurate as student managers are. Usually student managers are not exactly "gifted" at their jobs. This is why coaches should restat the games themselves.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:45 pm

This is the first time I've really noticed for North's stats though. Anyone at that game with baskeball knowledge would have seen 4 assists by Nik in the first 10 minutes.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:38 am

Schultz dominated this game.
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys