BISMARCK DEMONS

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: BISMARCK DEMONS

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:24 pm

Finley hasn't been playing as well as he could be all season. I had him as my 5th first team all stater coming in this year, and have been surprised with his performance. His team is winning however, so I do not fault him.

Bismarck's defense is great, but right now, Mandan is the better team. However, the game is 8 days away. This will be a nice #1 vs. #2 game.

That said, I hope Kielpinski and the other senior Braves go out on top, finishing their careers on a high note, with two straight championships.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Miller gets most of the pipeline-state recruits In ND so you should be predicting a Bismarck win. Balla45 what was the name of the starting lineup u gave one time with all their hometowns? that was great, wish i could remember it.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:30 pm

Their starting lineup is pretty much just BHS. I just stated that they have players from Memphis, New Town, Turtle Mountain, and Parshall.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Finley, Fox, Werner, Esley, and who else starts?
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:33 pm

No. Finley, Miller, Werner, Thorton, Jolliffe.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:35 pm

Forgot about Miller. Didnt know Jolliffe started either.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby goteam11 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:37 pm

roundem6... your not trying to imply that esley is a recruit are you?
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:39 pm

goteam11 wrote:roundem6... your not trying to imply that esley is a recruit are you?

No. I'm assuming he didn't realize that Jolliffe started. Everyone knows about Esley.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby goteam11 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:40 pm

balla45 wrote:
goteam11 wrote:roundem6... your not trying to imply that esley is a recruit are you?

No. I'm assuming he didn't realize that Jolliffe started. Everyone knows about Esley.

oh alright. just checking
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:42 pm

negative. I know Esley is not, same with Jolliffe, Werner, and Miller. who is it? Finley, Fox, Poitra? I dont even know :)
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:43 pm

roundem6 wrote:Forgot about Miller. Didnt know Jolliffe started either.

LOL exactly what balla45 just said.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Transfers are Caley Fox, Vince Fox, Jalen Finley, Kevin Poitra, and I do not know what you would call Dewayne Liggins.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:52 pm

wow. Do they just go deep on the bench and pressure all game or what do they do that their D is so good?
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:55 pm

roundem6 wrote:wow. Do they just go deep on the bench and pressure all game or what do they do that their D is so good?

The longest team I have seen this year. Football style mentality on defense. They do not let people move freely around the court. Esley, Nick, Dewayne, Kevin all rotate on the other team's best two players and usually lock them down.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:49 am

Esley has obviously been in bismarck pretty much his entire life... recruiting talk with him shouldn't be there, Vince has been in bismarck since he was a freshmen or sophmore and doesn't even play any meaningful time, i really don't know why dewayne's family moved to bismarck but if you really think that miller went down to memphis to get dewayne liggins to come to bismarck and play basketball you are just dreaming, KP came to bismarck high because of track, he is a very good high jumper and wanted to come to bis high to get the coaching of zittlemen and anderson for track, Caley and Jalen likely did come to bismarck just so they could play basketball for bismarck high.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:09 pm

squeak63 wrote:Esley has obviously been in bismarck pretty much his entire life... recruiting talk with him shouldn't be there, Vince has been in bismarck since he was a freshmen or sophmore and doesn't even play any meaningful time, i really don't know why dewayne's family moved to bismarck but if you really think that miller went down to memphis to get dewayne liggins to come to bismarck and play basketball you are just dreaming, KP came to bismarck high because of track, he is a very good high jumper and wanted to come to bis high to get the coaching of zittlemen and anderson for track, Caley and Jalen likely did come to bismarck just so they could play basketball for bismarck high.

That might be true in a lot of cases but I just don't like the "recruit" term. I don't know what you could call them but thats not it. That is saying that Miller (Or any coach in other instances) went and sat in their living room, trying to convince them to come to their school. Kinda like you see on TV shows. it happens often on Friday Nights Lights if anyone watches that. The point is, that does not happen. Usually the player is not happy with his current situation or just wants more exposure and so they transfer to a program that will give them what they want. They may want to be on a championship contender, more exposure, more playing time, or maybe just maybe (and I know it sounds certifyibly insane) but they might think that school offers a better education.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ThunderDMN » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:15 pm

squeak63 wrote:Esley has obviously been in bismarck pretty much his entire life... recruiting talk with him shouldn't be there, Vince has been in bismarck since he was a freshmen or sophmore and doesn't even play any meaningful time, i really don't know why dewayne's family moved to bismarck but if you really think that miller went down to memphis to get dewayne liggins to come to bismarck and play basketball you are just dreaming, KP came to bismarck high because of track, he is a very good high jumper and wanted to come to bis high to get the coaching of zittlemen and anderson for track, Caley and Jalen likely did come to bismarck just so they could play basketball for bismarck high.

DeWayne family moved to due to the violince in Memphis.
ThunderDMN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:21 pm

This is the Jalen Finley I was expecting all season. Very solid against Dickinson with 24 points and 7 or 8 rebounds. Playing like a first-team all stater. Hanstad looked good with 21 as well.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ThunderDMN » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 pm

Bismarck High School= Best team in the state
ThunderDMN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:13 pm

ThunderDMN wrote:Bismarck High School= Best team in the state

Especially if they keep playing like they did tonight. When Jalen is scoring, and the shooters are hitting, this team will be incredibly difficult to defeat. I left this game very impressed.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:12 pm

Mighty-Mouse wrote:
roundem6 wrote:I will take the field over Bismarck at state.

You better pack a "BIG" lunch...

What do you think about my lunch now?
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:17 am

roundem6 wrote:
Mighty-Mouse wrote:

Lunchables aren't very filling... :D :D :D

Even tho Bismarck lost their last two games, I still see them in the WDA championship game. Miller has a way when everything is on the line.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby luvsports » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:20 am

Mighty-Mouse wrote:
roundem6 wrote:
Mighty-Mouse wrote:

Even tho Bismarck lost their last two games, I still see them in the WDA championship game. Miller has a way when everything is on the line.

Just a thought - Miller has always had Mattern and his basketball brain on his bench in past years. Will be a fun WDA
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:20 pm

luvsports wrote:
Mighty-Mouse wrote:
roundem6 wrote:
Mighty-Mouse wrote:

Just a thought - Miller has always had Mattern and his basketball brain on his bench in past years. Will be a fun WDA

I know and see what you are saying. Saddle up boys, the fun is just getting ready to start... :wink:
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovinball40 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:30 pm

I don't know if it's so much the Demons....I think that it has alot to do with Coach Miller. He hasn't been rotating his players like he did in the beginning of the season. He used to utilize his bench and run the day light out of other teams. Coach Miller also doesn't scream and hollor like he did in the early season. He just has been doing alot of things out of character and it makes me wonder what his plan is? The last two games he used maybe six players. He has all the talent in the world, but if he doesn't use it....he will lose it.

Does anyone have a clue what he is up to? I can't seem to figure it out.
lovinball40
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys