BISMARCK DEMONS

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

BISMARCK DEMONS

Postby skyman13 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:57 pm

DEMONS ONLY GAVE UP 40 POINTS (WITHOUT DONTE SMART) TO MINOT ..THEY ARE PLAYING GREAT DEFENSE THROUGHT THE WDA...ONLY ALLOWING 42 A GAME...CAN ANYONE FIGURE OUT A WAY TO INCREASE THEIR SCORING AGAINST THAT SUFFOCATING MAN TO MAN...GOING TO VERY HARD TO BEAT

HAVE TO MATCH THEIR DEFENSIVE INTENSITY AND MUST PRODUCE SOME OFFENSIVE CONSISTENCY
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Re: BISMARCK DEMONS

Postby TheYessMan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:34 pm

skyman13 wrote:DEMONS ONLY GAVE UP 40 POINTS (WITHOUT DONTE SMART) TO MINOT ..THEY ARE PLAYING GREAT DEFENSE THROUGHT THE WDA...ONLY ALLOWING 42 A GAME...CAN ANYONE FIGURE OUT A WAY TO INCREASE THEIR SCORING AGAINST THAT SUFFOCATING MAN TO MAN...GOING TO VERY HARD TO BEAT

HAVE TO MATCH THEIR DEFENSIVE INTENSITY AND MUST PRODUCE SOME OFFENSIVE CONSISTENCY

skyman, i guaruntee by the end of the season your demons will not be the one who will carry that state trophy at the end of the year.
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby skyman13 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Not my Demons..just was stating facts about how intense their D was...However was a BHS grad...I believe Mandan and Century have potentail at WDA..with a possible sneaker team like Dix in the mix...Any of 4-5 teams in West can win State title..North and WFargo are top of class in East..They play Sat
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvsports » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:55 pm

YesMan - tell us...
Who is your pick to be the ones holding the championship trophy at the end of the year?
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:11 pm

It's Bismarck's to lose...

I was at the game last night against Minot and Bismarck was gracious at the end of the game. They could've widened the final score numberous time over the last four minutes but didn't. They passed around the outside to kill time. I don't know if Donte would have made that much differents in the game. Bismarck would have still won the game IMO.

I don't see anyone stopping them except themselves...

This from a Magi fan. :D
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby toddjames » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:17 pm

Good team with plenty of balance. Two guys that really played well against minot: Jake Miller has a real quick first step and can knock shots down, Thorton is extremely athletic and can get to the basket. As a team, real tough defensively. If they can play with consistency on the offense end, they are going to be tough to beat come tournament time....
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Bismarck could just about pull all starting 5 out and send in another 5 as a rotation and not miss too much.
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:25 pm

The only way Bismarck will not win state is if another team plays actual smart basketball. BHS gets so many point in transition, because of the pressure they put on other teams. If it gets into a grind out game, then they MAY be vulnerable.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:27 pm

balla45 wrote:The only way Bismarck will not win state is if another team plays actual smart basketball. BHS gets so many point in transition, because of the pressure they put on other teams. If it gets into a grind out game, then they MAY be vulnerable.

This is true but that team would have to play error free :wink:
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Exactly. Either that or catch Bismarck on a really off night. I will be surprised if they go undefeated through the WDA tournament honestly. Some random player always seems to get really good at WDA. Time will tell though.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:39 pm

balla45 wrote:Exactly. Either that or catch Bismarck on a really off night. I will be surprised if they go undefeated through the WDA tournament honestly. Some random player always seems to get really good at WDA. Time will tell though.

It's gonna be a great WDA tourney...
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller_2010 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:47 pm

Why hasn't Smart been playing?
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby ThunderDMN » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:35 pm

No, BHS will win the WDA and most likely state.
ThunderDMN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:00 pm

I think BHS loses to Mandan at Mandan. This might be the only game they lose all year, but I do not see them winning this game.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:53 pm

I will take the field over Bismarck at state.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:51 am

Donte has not been feeling good, flu or something like that. So he hasn't been playing the past few games. He did see some action @ Dickinson.
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:54 am

roundem6 wrote:I will take the field over Bismarck at state.

You better pack a "BIG" lunch...
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:52 pm

I dont pack a lunch, I just get hot lunch.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:40 am

seems to me that the only team that could beat bismarck is mandan
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby ThunderDMN » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:25 pm

Mandan is the only team that is capable of beating Bismarck but, honestly I don't see it happening. If it does it will be when they go to Mandan, but I highly doubt it. Bismarck will not lose to them in the WDA, guartanteed. Miller will not let it happen and neither will Esley, Jake, Jaylen, and Nick in the there senior years. They are all great competitors and I truely believe they will take state this year.
ThunderDMN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:18 pm

the Bismarck Recruits should win state.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:43 pm

ThunderDMN wrote:Mandan is the only team that is capable of beating Bismarck but, honestly I don't see it happening. If it does it will be when they go to Mandan, but I highly doubt it. Bismarck will not lose to them in the WDA, guartanteed. Miller will not let it happen and neither will Esley, Jake, Jaylen, and Nick in the there senior years. They are all great competitors and I truely believe they will take state this year.

I think you all vastly underestimate the EDC. Right now, from the recent games I have watched, Mandan is the best team in the WDA. There is a lot of time until state. If Mandan's shooters continue their hot streak, they will not lose. Flaa, Eisenbeis, Coyle, and Friesz are something like 16-22 from 3 in the last 2 games.

Mandan's biggest advantage over Bismarck is Kielpinski. BHS has no true go to scorer right now, because Finley has been struggling, and Esley is an all around player, not the type to take over offensively, in most cases, where Kielpinski has seemingly been able to do whatever he has wanted to for a long stretch.

Time will tell though.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby DSCP1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:01 pm

roundem6 wrote:I dont pack a lunch, I just get hot lunch.

Thumbs Down for that one.
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:19 pm

thumbs down?!?! :roll:

Agree with balla45. The East is very underrated but I only see North or WF actually competing well at State. Red River could if they caught a really big hotstreak shooting the 3 but other than that, no chance because of their lack of defense to make up for an off night shooting. I would say Bismarck Recruits are the favorites going in, as they should be. But, like I said I will take the field over Bismarck next month at the Civ.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ThunderDMN » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:20 pm

balla45 wrote:
ThunderDMN wrote:Mandan is the only team that is capable of beating Bismarck but, honestly I don't see it happening. If it does it will be when they go to Mandan, but I highly doubt it. Bismarck will not lose to them in the WDA, guartanteed. Miller will not let it happen and neither will Esley, Jake, Jaylen, and Nick in the there senior years. They are all great competitors and I truely believe they will take state this year.

I think you all vastly underestimate the EDC. Right now, from the recent games I have watched, Mandan is the best team in the WDA. There is a lot of time until state. If Mandan's shooters continue their hot streak, they will not lose. Flaa, Eisenbeis, Coyle, and Friesz are something like 16-22 from 3 in the last 2 games.

Mandan's biggest advantage over Bismarck is Kielpinski. BHS has no true go to scorer right now, because Finley has been struggling, and Esley is an all around player, not the type to take over offensively, in most cases, where Kielpinski has seemingly been able to do whatever he has wanted to for a long stretch.

Time will tell though.

Yes, i agree that Kielpinski will do great, and score and rebound. However, I also think that Dexter and the rest of Bismarck's defense (who is great) will be able to contain him and not allow him to take over the game. I would also like to add that I deffintly do not think that Bismarck will have trouble scorer the ball they are such an experienced team and even if Finley doesn't do as good as normal they will be fine due to all everyone else on the team that can score the ball. I also highly doubt that Flaa, Eisenbeis, Coyle, and Friesz will do that good against Bismarck's guards. With all of that I am happy to say that Bismarck will remain on top, beat mandan and end up winning another state title.
ThunderDMN
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Boys