Century @ Mandan (Round 2)

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Century @ Mandan (Round 2)

Postby skyman13 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:11 am

Any thoughts on theis game on Feb 4..Both teams play really good defensive schemes..so if the Braves can get Big K going early that would maybe give them the edge..Better get to the gym in Mandan by the time the JV game starts to get a good seat..should be a good one...The game in Dec saw both teams play hard but not effectively shoot the ball...But still see it as maybe 51 to 47 Mandan
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Re: Century @ Mandan (Round 2)

Postby luvsports » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:28 am

Century has not been playing its best basketball...shooting is terrible. Mandan by 12.
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller_2010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:04 am

Mandan will thrash Century by 15+. "Birdman" will go 1-7 from the field, "The Speed" will be outhustled by Coyle, "The Plumber" Rivinius will not be shutting off any water, and frankly if his name implies right, "Govig or Go Home" will be going home during halftime.
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby sniperfan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:49 pm

Baller 2010 you don't know anything do you? First of all if you saw The Birdmans stats hes shooting over 50 percent for the season and will easily shoot that well against mandan. There will be no way the speed will be outhustled by a sohpmore. The speed is a senior and will just embarass the sophmore. The Plumber can shut off anyones water if he wants to. Kielpinski is the softest post in the state. He might be big but plays like a girl. The plumber will push him around anyday. and frankly govig talks for itself. Century will win by 10!
sniperfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baller24 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:18 pm

sniperfan wrote:Baller 2010 you don't know anything do you? First of all if you saw The Birdmans stats hes shooting over 50 percent for the season and will easily shoot that well against mandan. There will be no way the speed will be outhustled by a sohpmore. The speed is a senior and will just embarass the sophmore. The Plumber can shut off anyones water if he wants to. Kielpinski is the softest post in the state. He might be big but plays like a girl. The plumber will push him around anyday. and frankly govig talks for itself. Century will win by 10!

Over 50 percent?! try 40.7, you obviously are not a true fan of Century if you didnt know that.. You should feel ashamed to call yourself a Century fan..
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:15 am

Mandan by 10-12. Coyle has really come into this own during this stretch of the season, and Mandan's offensive has been clicking. Of their last 12 halves of basketball, I think 10 of them were very high quality. Century is a solid defensive team, but until an individual who can create offense emerges, I think they will struggle against some of the better teams in the WDA in late game situations.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby skyman13 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:04 am

Yes they have had many good halves over the past few weeks...Saw them play all but the Williston game in Will...Heard they had a sluggish second half there...Kielpinski has shown them the way IF the team finds him touches early and often thus opening up shooters like Eisenbeis and Coyle who have been consistent scorers for them...Have heard there may be a little "team" issue with a player calling the Coach and complaining about time on the court..Mandan doesnt need this type of disruption when they are playing well..Lets see how this plays out...Century will play solid D ..Dont count them out...
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:15 am

None of the players from Mandan have been calling the coach and complaining about their playing time. I am 100% sure.

Almost all of the problems come from parents calling and complaining. Those of you that are, I suggest you stop. You should realize that Horner has a 34-3 record at Mandan High. Mandan will not benefit if he leaves.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby skyman13 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:45 am

just what I was told by someone very close to the situation..also was stated that there are some facebook comments concerning this..I would love it if this was all speculation and rumor..Mandan program has a good thing going right now...Go Braves !!
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:02 pm

Being almost as close to the situation as possible, I can tell you with 100% certainty that the problems are not with the players calling Horner. This is all speculation and rumor. Go Braves! Good luck on Thursday.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby skyman13 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:41 pm

I trust in your comment...Maybe it was a parent of a young man playing??...Wouldnt be the first time at any level that this situation wouldnt come up...Guys are buying into Horner coaching philosophy...Many more positives to outweigh any little negative press
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:04 pm

sniperfan wrote:Baller 2010 you don't know anything do you? First of all if you saw The Birdmans stats hes shooting over 50 percent for the season and will easily shoot that well against mandan. There will be no way the speed will be outhustled by a sohpmore. The speed is a senior and will just embarass the sophmore. The Plumber can shut off anyones water if he wants to. Kielpinski is the softest post in the state. He might be big but plays like a girl. The plumber will push him around anyday. and frankly govig talks for itself. Century will win by 10!

Reality Check!!! Brian has been playing well the last several games. If you think he plays like a girl (which he doesn't) and you are still can't hold him... What does that say about your players!!! On his worst day, he is better than Century's posts.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby powercat » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:23 pm

I heard that Kielpinski is so mad about getting his water turned off so many times that he is coming to the game with some Draino. So i expect him to put atleast 25 and 12
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbball1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:40 pm

I bet you wont have much to say after the game :lol:
ndbball1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:59 pm

results?
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:06 pm

83-55. Kielpinski with 22, 8-9 shooting, 6-7 from the line. Coyle had 14. Friesz with 11. Flaa with 9. Miller with 8. Eisenbeis with 7. Zinke with 6. Janz had 4. Collins had 2.

I might be off with Miller and Zinke.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:54 am

guess century isnt as good as I thought.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:03 am

Not really. This was a case where Century played very bad and Mandan played very good. Obviously I must credit Mandan's defense. Century is still a top 5 team. Mandan is better than many thought. A big key was the shooters hitting. Flaa and Friesz hit 5-6 from 3, which is a huge help, because that frees up Kielpinski.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 am

still an off night shouldnt be a 28 point loss to a team with a similar record. I knew Mandan was good but couldnt really validate Century's success until I saw what they did with competition with a team they were supposed to "compete" with. But, didnt they play a pretty good game against Bismarck High earlier this year?
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:10 am

off topic but, nice Dickinson.. a 20 point loss to Williston after beating Century.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:11 am

Mandan is still 12-2, with losses coming to BHS and WFHS, 2 top 5 teams. Century has lost to Mandan by 1, BHS by 5, Mandan by 28, and Joe by 1. With Joe hitting a game winning fadeaway. Century could very easily have only one loss, that being tonight's game. A win against West Fargo, and close games with BHS and MHS show that Century is a legit team.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:18 am

True. But, the 28 point loss. Good teams don't lose by 28 IMO.
1. Bismarck
2/3. North/Mandan
4. West Fargo
5. Century
IMO Century at best, is the 5 right now in state.
The loss tonight would be like the North/WF game on saturday being a blowout. Very unlikely. I will give them legit status back if they can beat Bismarck last game of the year :)
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:22 am

I would agree with your rankings. I don't see any other team who would sneak into the top 5. I would have liked Red River, but the loss to Shanley hurts them. And seeing every team in the WDA, I can't take anyone else over Century, even though Dickinson did beat them, because Joe can't be god every night.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:28 am

If they get beat again by Bismarck, which is very likely, I dont really see any wins that would validate the top teams to fear them. They have a monsterous lineup but if you cant beat the teams at the top you are supposed to be competing with, then they shouldnt receive the same respect as the others.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:31 am

Personally, I would be most scared of the teams that are always close. If a team can play with you for a full game, even if they lose, as a player you know that they have the ability to win. Century has been like that on both ends. Having good games with the top, BHS and MHS, and the bottom, DHS, MHS, WHS, Century shows that they can beat, or be beaten by, any team. These types of teams can be scary at tournament time.

I still find it hard to rank Century lower or higher than fifth, and I think that is the perfect spot for them, as of now.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys