Whats wrong with Souths ADMINISTRATION

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Whats wrong with Souths ADMINISTRATION

Postby roundem6 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:20 pm

exactly my point. I would take South Girls over the South Boys by double digits :D
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Home Run » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:15 am

Not a very intelligent or enlightening post, but I need to send it any way as I'm excited about the South game tonight with their victory over EDC challenger from Red River. Congratulations South as you are playing much better as of late. Here's to hoping that they make a push in the upcoming EDC tournament.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby PWB4LIFE » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:19 pm

I heard souths principals tried to get this topic removed from this webpage haha
PWB4LIFE
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Don't believe everything you hear.

If they want to keep a close handle on things that is their choice, since they are ultimately responsible for the actions of their students while they are attending sporting events.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller#1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:05 pm

Indy5 wrote:
bruins44 wrote:I was at the Shanley South boys game on Friday night, the South student section was all dressed in red polo shirts and kaki pants, I thought they did a great job.
The only black eye was the two boys dressed up as a priest and a nun, I thought that was uncalled for and they should have been asked to change clothes. Over all it was the best South student section I have seen all year!

I think the priest and nun is kinda funny. I'm sure no one was offened (at least they shouldn't be). Student sections need to step things up more. There isn't a whole lot of creativity out there. There is some but I would like to see more. I think Minot does a good job.

Sounds like lots of people were offended by South's student section at the Shanley game according to the editorial in Sunday's Fargo Forum. Mocking somebody's religion at a high school basketball game is taking it too far.
Baller#1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby intensity » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:33 pm

Baller#1 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
bruins44 wrote:I was at the Shanley South boys game on Friday night, the South student section was all dressed in red polo shirts and kaki pants, I thought they did a great job.
The only black eye was the two boys dressed up as a priest and a nun, I thought that was uncalled for and they should have been asked to change clothes. Over all it was the best South student section I have seen all year!

I think the priest and nun is kinda funny. I'm sure no one was offened (at least they shouldn't be). Student sections need to step things up more. There isn't a whole lot of creativity out there. There is some but I would like to see more. I think Minot does a good job.

Sounds like lots of people were offended by South's student section at the Shanley game according to the editorial in Sunday's Fargo Forum. Mocking somebody's religion at a high school basketball game is taking it too far.

I am guessing the person who wrote that editorial has not seen too many large student sections in action. Student sections make fun of the opposing team, regardless of whether they are religious or not. For example, the North student section. If they are playing the Red River Roughriders, then they will dress up as cowboys. If they are playing the Fargo South Bruins, then they will dress up in hunting gear and bring a teddy bear with a noose. If they are playing the Shanley Deacons, they will dress up as nuns and priests.

If the writer of the editorial is complaining against student sections in general, okay. If he/she is saying that South makes fun of them because they are religious, he/she is just wrong.
intensity
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsguruguy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:29 pm

intensity wrote:
Baller#1 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I am guessing the person who wrote that editorial has not seen too many large student sections in action. Student sections make fun of the opposing team, regardless of whether they are religious or not. For example, the North student section. If they are playing the Red River Roughriders, then they will dress up as cowboys. If they are playing the Fargo South Bruins, then they will dress up in hunting gear and bring a teddy bear with a noose. If they are playing the Shanley Deacons, they will dress up as nuns and priests.

If the writer of the editorial is complaining against student sections in general, okay. If he/she is saying that South makes fun of them because they are religious, he/she is just wrong.

AGREE!!!
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby trigger » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:13 pm

sportsguruguy wrote:
intensity wrote:
Baller#1 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

AGREE!!!

I believe she was the mother of one of the Shanley players ?
trigger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoops4lyf40 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:24 am

trigger wrote:
sportsguruguy wrote:
intensity wrote:
Baller#1 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

AGREE!!!

I believe she was the mother of one of the Shanley players ?

grandmother actually. haha. Dunn is the player
hoops4lyf40
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stallng » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:10 pm

sportsguruguy wrote:I have always wondered why fargo souths student athletes are almost non existent at there sporting functions. Well I know why now. I was at a varsity boys basketball game , south against devils lake.There was a below average student crowd when compared to other schools in the EDC. I saw and heard a young man say "that was an ugly shot " when a firebird missed a free throw. The principle and athletic director kicked this young man out of the game. After that incident the student body stood hardly cheered afraid of the reprocussions. Give me break!! Has the administration ever been to a game other than a south game? Well I have! It is pathetic compared to what other schools get for student body. Reason they do IMO, other schools let there student body enjoy themselves and CHEER!! Isnt that why you have home court advantage? I recently went to a North vs. South girls and boys game, it was at North. The student body was huge! At the girls game they were chanting at every free throw South took, plus saying the team was overrated! They were very loud! That is called home court advantage! Not at south you get into trouble if you open your mouth and cheer,so why would a student support there athletes if they get yelled at for every little thing. I could type numerous pages on other schools chants and how big there student crowds are, but i'm not going too. Bottom line is South Adminstration needs to let these young people be kids and have some fun as long as it is in good taste.Coaches from South you just as well not play any home games because you dont have the student body there to cheer your sqad on!

I have a heard in conversation from students that go to south, and I am told that in between classes how students sit in the hallways and will makeout with each other. Nothing is said to these kids, Why? Reason! Administration could care less! There is no authority figure anywhere around in between classes! I guess what i am trying to say is south administration you have far more problems in that school than students being loud and cheering for the team they love! Let them be kids and support there teams like every other school in the state!!

yeah i do, whats it to ya? just kidding i dont even know where south is in fargo haha :lol: :lol: :D
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys