Nik Savageau

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Nik Savageau

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:42 am

hope i can see Dickinson play at the Civ in 2 weeks. I know North will be there, Dickinson will not beat Mandan (if they can beat TM) so what are the chances they pull out 2 straight in WDA?
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:43 am

It is not going to happen. If you want to see them badly, I'll burn the Mandan@Dickinson game to my laptop and send it to you.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:48 am

should do that if you dont mind.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:50 am

Will do. At the moment I only have Dickinson@Mandan. I will get the other soon. I'll send it this week sometime.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:57 am

Back to the EDC/WDA topic, I think its fair to say that I have a bias towards and East as do you to the West.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:02 am

roundem6 wrote:Back to the EDC/WDA topic, I think its fair to say that I have a bias towards and East as do you to the West.

I do not agree with this completely. Many of my biases come from me being friends with the people who are playing. I am much less likely to speak negatively about players that I like. I am obviously biased towards the players that I have coached, and the players that I played with and against. I will admit this.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:06 am

Which would equal a West bias correct?
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:10 am

Not really. I have some ties to the EDC left. I'll have a WDA bias after this class graduates, but for now it is fairly even.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:36 pm

balla45 wrote:It is not going to happen. If you want to see them badly, I'll burn the Mandan@Dickinson game to my laptop and send it to you.

Could you send that to me too? I've watched Hanstad play once this year and wish I could watch him more. I just enjoy watching videos of ND high school basketball too.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:14 am

EDC Senior Athlete of the Year. Congratulations Nik.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 75ford » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:16 pm

roundem6 wrote:EDC Senior Athlete of the Year. Congratulations Nik.

Congradulations to Nik on EDC athlete of the year, but he did not have a very good finish in leading his team to the EDC title lastnite. He did not make enough freethrows down the stretch against WF, and Bergeron and him did not defend very well period. Despite his coach in the paper today accusing his team of not helping Nik. He is partly to blame also for losing a game that they had in hand with a 14 point lead in second half.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:48 pm

I will disagree with that statement. Everybody on North was watching Nik last night when WF put the zone on in the 2nd half, no one was attacking except for him. And Nik only missed 2 free throws last night I think, sure they would have helped late in the game but lets get real, Nik cant be the only contributor if North wants to be successful.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 75ford » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:10 pm

roundem6 wrote:I will disagree with that statement. Everybody on North was watching Nik last night when WF put the zone on in the 2nd half, no one was attacking except for him. And Nik only missed 2 free throws last night I think, sure they would have helped late in the game but lets get real, Nik cant be the only contributor if North wants to be successful.

It may have also been the coaching lastnite for North that done North in also. One issue that North has been continually when they give up leads is the team does not push the ball into their posts and that happened again lastnite. They have a good nucleus of posts with Schultz also that leads the EDC in rebounds, why not go inside. That is the one reason why North will struggle to win the state title this year period. That is my opinion, but also give WF alot of credit for stepping up and hitting some big shots and working hard on defense. This loss may help North in the state run although it puts them in Bismarck's bracket. But to be the best you have to beat Bismarck period. Lets see if they can bounce back it is going to be a better state tournament, and I think the east is better than the West gives them credit.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:24 pm

s
75ford wrote:
roundem6 wrote:I will disagree with that statement. Everybody on North was watching Nik last night when WF put the zone on in the 2nd half, no one was attacking except for him. And Nik only missed 2 free throws last night I think, sure they would have helped late in the game but lets get real, Nik cant be the only contributor if North wants to be successful.

It may have also been the coaching lastnite for North that done North in also. One issue that North has been continually when they give up leads is the team does not push the ball into their posts and that happened again lastnite. They have a good nucleus of posts with Schultz also that leads the EDC in rebounds, why not go inside. That is the one reason why North will struggle to win the state title this year period. That is my opinion, but also give WF alot of credit for stepping up and hitting some big shots and working hard on defense. This loss may help North in the state run although it puts them in Bismarck's bracket. But to be the best you have to beat Bismarck period. Lets see if they can bounce back it is going to be a better state tournament, and I think the east is better than the West gives them credit.

The loss does not change much as far as state goes. North will still have to beat Bismarck and most likely Mandan if they want to be crowned but now its Century instead of Minot, which should be a win. This could be a chance to re-evaluate the team from a coaching perspective, they lacked a killer instinct last night which allowed WF back in the game in the 2nd half. Back to that first post you made, I think that was just ridiculous considering you basically expected him to single handedly win that game. There was really nothing else he could have done when the team is all standing around. Also the defense comment, I did not see anything wrong with the D from him, Schock and Nelson had way too many wide-open shots. But all in all, it is a team effort and they just let it slip away.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 75ford » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:38 pm

roundem6 wrote:s
75ford wrote:

The loss does not change much as far as state goes. North will still have to beat Bismarck and most likely Mandan if they want to be crowned but now its Century instead of Minot, which should be a win. This could be a chance to re-evaluate the team from a coaching perspective, they lacked a killer instinct last night which allowed WF back in the game in the 2nd half. Back to that first post you made, I think that was just ridiculous considering you basically expected him to single handedly win that game. There was really nothing else he could have done when the team is all standing around. Also the defense comment, I did not see anything wrong with the D from him, Schock and Nelson had way too many wide-open shots. But all in all, it is a team effort and they just let it slip away.

Do not get me wrong I do think Nik Sav played a very good game, I did not expect Nik to win the game alone, but I do not understand the comments on why you think Nik was the only one doing his job on the floor for North. They are a team that plays about 10 players, it is the job of the coach to make the personnel adjustments, and also why does north continue to loose leads in games and also seem to get away from getting the ball into the posts?. North will be a strong contender at state and they do have the best floor leader in the state.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:51 pm

You dont see them getting it into the post because the posts cant always catch. Another point, I dont understand why Shultis was trapping at halfcourt early in the 2nd half, this gave them so many wide open jumpers during the run they went on.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InsideMan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:14 pm

He is a good player. Joe is better. College coaches whose livelihood depends on what kid to recruit have chosen Joe as well. Not taking anything away from Nik but that should be enough to end this arguement.

Is Nik really going to Sioux Falls?
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Nik Savageau to USF. Correct.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Yes, is that a problem?
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:17 pm

roundem6 wrote:Yes, is that a problem?

No. It is a fact and is a pretty good school.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:18 pm

InsideMan wrote:He is a good player. Joe is better. College coaches whose livelihood depends on what kid to recruit have chosen Joe as well. Not taking anything away from Nik but that should be enough to end this arguement.

I was directing that at InsideMan. I know USF is a good school.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InsideMan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:28 pm

roundem6 wrote:
InsideMan wrote:He is a good player. Joe is better. College coaches whose livelihood depends on what kid to recruit have chosen Joe as well. Not taking anything away from Nik but that should be enough to end this arguement.

Well if they get into the NSIC (which is a big if) he is going to be playing for nothing his whole career. Maybe have 1 shot at the post season his senior year if things go really smoothly. During the transition years they can't play in the post season. I didn't realize how bad it was to not play for anything untill I was a part of a team that was in that situation for one year. Just meaningless. I hope for his sake that they just stay where they are now.

This wasn't meant to be a shot at USF, just at the fact that they are going to have no opportunity at the post season.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:31 pm

InsideMan wrote:
roundem6 wrote:

Well if they get into the NSIC (which is a big if) he is going to be playing for nothing his whole career. Maybe have 1 shot at the post season his senior year if things go really smoothly. During the transition years they can't play in the post season. I didn't realize how bad it was to not play for anything untill I was a part of a team that was in that situation for one year. Just meaningless. I hope for his sake that they just stay where they are now.

This wasn't meant to be a shot at USF, just at the fact that they are going to have no opportunity at the post season.

He is redshirting, which makes me think he would get at least two postseason years. Am I correct?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:33 pm

This is correct.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InsideMan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:40 pm

It all depends on how smoothly the transition period goes.UMary's situation was the best case senario but it is the norm. Look at the mess the Sioux are in. That program is in shambles. He could possibly get 2 years but as far as I know they haven't been accepted into the conference yet. If they do get in they are going to get pounded by those team. The northern sun is one of the best D2 conferences in the country.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys