Nik Savageau

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Nik Savageau

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:11 am

How is 58-53 almost 30? That alone makes your entire post a joke.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:21 am

it does say 78-51 on West Fargo's site.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:22 am

roundem6 wrote:it does say 78-51 on West Fargo's site.

It did say 58-53 on the scoreboard, in the Fargo Forum, in the Bismarck Tribune, in the Mandan News, in the West Fargo Pioneer, and on Mandan's site.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:30 am

Early in the year as well. Just a comment on North/South tonight, the games are returning to the same atmosphere as they were 6-8 years ago, great turnout from both sides of Fargo. I think the shanley, devils lake, south comment was made when both teams had about 3 wins on the year and since then, Shanley and South have both beat WF, along with probably 5 other wins, and Devils Lake has made a late season push. Maybe the East isnt necessarily better but more balanced top-to-bottom.

I really only think that 2 teams from each conference have a legitimate chance at winning state. North and WF (if they can get their offense back together) and obviously Mandan and Bismarck from the West.
Last edited by roundem6 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:32 am

balla45 wrote:
roundem6 wrote:it does say 78-51 on West Fargo's site.

It did say 58-53 on the scoreboard, in the Fargo Forum, in the Bismarck Tribune, in the Mandan News, in the West Fargo Pioneer, and on Mandan's site.

Ok i believe you haha. Doesnt really matter because it was like the first game of the year, or close to it.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:34 am

roundem6 wrote:Early in the year as well. Just a comment on North/South tonight, the games are returning to the same atmosphere as they were 6-8 years ago, great turnout from both sides of Fargo. I think the shanley, devils lake, south comment was made when both teams had about 3 wins on the year and since then, Shanley and South have both beat WF, along with probably 5 other wins, and Devils Lake has made a last season push. Maybe the East isnt necessarily better but more balanced top-to-bottom.

I really only think that 2 teams from each conference have a legitimate chance at winning state. North and WF (if they can get their offense back together) and obviously Mandan and Bismarck from the West.

My opinion does not change. Hanstad would light up Shanley, South, Devil's Lake, etc. I just watched him torch Mandan for 26 and 13. This is with him getting blocked twice by Kielpinski, and having a few shots altered by him. Take the 6'8'' guy out of the paint and Joe has 30-35. This is with a 6'3'' guy chasing him the entire game. No one in the EDC has that much size.

I was never commenting on how good the teams were, I was commenting on Savi's ability to play against these teams compared to Hanstad's ability to play against these teams.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:36 am

roundem6 wrote:Early in the year as well. Just a comment on North/South tonight, the games are returning to the same atmosphere as they were 6-8 years ago, great turnout from both sides of Fargo. I think the shanley, devils lake, south comment was made when both teams had about 3 wins on the year and since then, Shanley and South have both beat WF, along with probably 5 other wins, and Devils Lake has made a late season push. Maybe the East isnt necessarily better but more balanced top-to-bottom.

I do not think West Fargo will win state. I would take Red River over them. Star players carry their teams to a championship, and I don't think West Fargo has that one guy. Well coached team that overachieves year in and year out.

Savageau can lead his team to a title, as can Kielpinski, as can Finley. Schreiner may also have this ability, and Hoffart seems to be a pretty good player. Have never seen him, but numbers don't lie.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:42 am

Savageau has been gettin more double teams as of late. Tonight he was gettin doubled right when he crossed half court and went for 24 8 and 6. IMO Savy would have the similar stats no matter EDC/WDA.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:48 am

roundem6 wrote:Savageau has been gettin more double teams as of late. Tonight he was gettin doubled right when he crossed half court and went for 24 8 and 6. IMO Savy would have the similar stats no matter EDC/WDA.

I'm not arguing that. I am well aware of how good Savageau is. I'm saying that Joe's stats would vastly improve playing in the EDC. He would not have to play BHS, CHS, or MHS. These teams usually lower a player's stats. That is 6 games, where he could be playing Wahpeton, South, and Shanley. This could be the difference between 120 points (20 a game) and 180 points (30 a game). This would dramatically effect his overall season stats.

I have not even started on the Grand Forks teams. Many on this site from the EDC state that Red River does not play defense, so that seems to be another two games that Joe goes for about 30. I assume Central would go the same way.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:53 am

This may just be a logical fallacy, but I do not think it is hard to believe that Hanstad would average 32-35 a game against Central, South, Red River, Wahpeton, Shanley, and Devil's Lake. Now even is he goes for 20-25 against North and West Fargo, that leaves him with anywhere from 464-520 points in 16 games, or an average of 29-32.5.

Does this seem to be accurate to you?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:57 am

Dont think his stats would improve as much as you think. Who's to say that Shanley, South, Devils Lake, etc. would not do the same things to Joe that the West teams do? and why even compare games against the top 3 in WDA against games vs. average east teams? Nik could be playing TM, StMarys, and Williston.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:02 am

roundem6 wrote:Dont think his stats would improve as much as you think. Who's to say that Shanley, South, Devils Lake, etc. would not do the same things to Joe that the West teams do? and why even compare games against the top 3 in WDA against games vs. average east teams? Nik could be playing TM, StMarys, and Williston.

They don't have the ability to. I have seen all of these teams play, with the exception of Devil's Lake. No one playing for Shanley or South can play defense like Thorton or Liggins. No one can have a 6'8'' dude waiting for him every time he penetrates.

I don't understand your question. If Nik played TM, Saint Mary's, and Williston, he would also have to play Mandan, Century, Bismarck, and Minot.

The WDA is better in the middle than the EDC is. If Joe played in the EDC, he would be challenged by the top two or three teams, and dominate the bottom five or six.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby east sider » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:03 am

So if its numbers which do you think is better: 23, 5, 5 OR 27, 7, 4 ???????????
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:04 am

east sider wrote:So if its numbers which do you think is better: 23, 5, 5 OR 27, 7, 4 ???????????

Are you serious? Obviously 27 7 and 4.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby east sider » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:06 am

I'm sure you see where I'm going with this. The first one is Sav's from this year, the second is Hanstad from last year as a Soph. Even as a soph. he was better than Sav is as a senior.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:08 am

And if Joe played Central, Wahp, Devils Lake, etc. he would also have to play North and WF.
If Nik played in the WDA, he would be challenged by the top teams and dominate the rest, just as Joe would dominate the bottom of the EDC.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:10 am

Last year doesnt exactly mean a lot to me or anyone Id say. I live in the now.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby east sider » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:13 am

roundem6 wrote:Last year doesnt exactly mean a lot to me or anyone Id say. I live in the now.

Thats your best rebuttal LOL you're a tool
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:14 am

roundem6 wrote:And if Joe played Central, Wahp, Devils Lake, etc. he would also have to play North and WF.
If Nik played in the WDA, he would be challenged by the top teams and dominate the rest, just as Joe would dominate the bottom of the EDC.

This is true. However, the EDC has more "bottom" teams than the WDA does. Making it easier to dominate the "bottom", because Nik gets to play more "bottom" teams.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:14 am

east sider wrote:
roundem6 wrote:Last year doesnt exactly mean a lot to me or anyone Id say. I live in the now.

Thats your best rebuttal LOL you're a tool

If you are going to join our discussion, don't do anything like this again. This is your official warning.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:20 am

I'll explain it this way.

This is what I think Hanstad puts up in his two games against each team in the EDC. Tell me which is not accurate, in your opinion.

Devil's Lake 54 - 27 per
North 48 - 24 per
Shanley 68 - 34 per
South 65 - 27.5 per
Central 70 - 35 per
Red River 68 - 34 per
Wahpeton 68 - 34 per
West Fargo 52 -26 per

This is 30.8 a game. Which team would slow him down? I think this is pretty accurate.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby teamramrod » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:25 am

balla45 wrote:I'll explain it this way.

This is what I think Hanstad puts up in his two games against each team in the EDC. Tell me which is not accurate, in your opinion.

Devil's Lake 54 - 27 per
North 48 - 24 per
Shanley 68 - 34 per
South 65 - 27.5 per
Central 70 - 35 per
Red River 68 - 34 per
Wahpeton 68 - 34 per
West Fargo 52 -26 per

This is 30.8 a game. Which team would slow him down? I think this is pretty accurate.

i dont think he would put up 52 against wf or even 48 against north, schultz would guard him with sav helping and schultz is the same size, therefore i see them slowing him down. and obviously shanley has no one guy to completely shut him down but they arent bad. and whose to say savy wouldnt be putting up those numbers against the lower teams in the west. i feel hed have his way with anyone but mandan an bismarck
teamramrod
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:27 am

Only thing I disagree with is all the 30+ nights. Obviously he is capable of this if he plays/shoots his best all 8 games. I just dont understand how Dickinson is 8th in WDA with the "best player." I know you have said that his teammates are just not good but I do not understand how that works out.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:28 am

All right. Even if they shut him down to 18 or 20 a game, he is still averaging about 28 a game in the EDC. Do you see the point I am making here?

I don't think Nik's numbers would change much. By your own assertion, he can pretty much do whatever he wants in the EDC, so nothing would really change in the WDA. It definately wouldn't get easier.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:29 am

roundem6 wrote:Only thing I disagree with is all the 30+ nights. Obviously he is capable of this if he plays/shoots his best all 8 games. I just dont understand how Dickinson is 8th in WDA with the "best player." I know you have said that his teammates are just not good but I do not understand how that works out.

Every coach in the WDA will say he is the best player. I can quote a coach saying he is better than Boschee was in high school.

Realistically, if Hanstad did not play for Dickinson, they would lose by 20 or 30 almost every night.

Give him even one more all conference player, and his numbers would skyrocket. When the teams can help off of every player on Dickinson's team onto Hanstad, his numbers suffer. Last year, Baker and Emmerich were legit shooting threats, so teams did not cheat off those two, and Joe killed everyone. They are gone so he plays 1on5.

Think about it this way. He had 4 fouls and was playing with 10 minutes remaining against Mandan, because if he is not on the floor, they can't rebound or score.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys