Nik Savageau

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Nik Savageau

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:18 pm

You couldnt be more wrong.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Indy5 wrote:I watched that game and yes Savageau looked good, but not amazing. Funny thing was I talked to a guy who has never seen or heard of this topic and we were talking about the state class A. He said he watched that North-Bismarck game and that one kid from North looked pretty good. He wasn't sure on his name and said looked good but not amazing. Maybe Saul saw what he did.

11-15 from the field is ok I guess.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:19 pm

roundem6 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:I watched that game and yes Savageau looked good, but not amazing. Funny thing was I talked to a guy who has never seen or heard of this topic and we were talking about the state class A. He said he watched that North-Bismarck game and that one kid from North looked pretty good. He wasn't sure on his name and said looked good but not amazing. Maybe Saul saw what he did.

11-15 from the field is ok I guess.

I didn't say it was ok. I said it was very good. And when I determine a player's skills I look at more than just how much he scored. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a great game by Nik, just not amazing like NDSU was just certifiably insane not to offer him.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:42 pm

Senior Athlete of the Year.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:16 am

King James wrote:college coaches don't just recruit on talent, im not saying nik is talented enough to play at ndsu, but coaches will ask around to see what kind of person the kid is and maybe they heard nik has a bad attitude and thats why they chose not to recruit him. this is just me but it seemed like he didnt even care that they were losing yesterday he was just happy he was getting his points

This is extremely off base and pretty unintelligent. Nik did a good job of keeping his emotions to himself when his teammates were struggling. Nik is very unselfish on the court, points arent a big deal to him, especially if his team is getting pounded. If you would have seen the interview with him after the game, you see the dissappointment/sadness. Trust me, I guarantee he cared a lot. Dumb post King James
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:59 am

not dumb at all. hes going d3 for a reason guys. get real. ndsu was not dumb for not offering him. if he is talented enough why isnt he going division 2 or 1? and usf hasnt gone d2 yet and it isnt for sure that they will yet. there is obviously some reason. is it his talent? his athleticism? because the way people talk its neither of those 2 things. being 5'11 isnt an excuse either. there are plenty guards under 6 ft playing d1 and d2 ball. Nik may have stay composed this past weekend but coaches may have saw something this year this past summer or last year that didn't like about his attitude.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:21 am

I think anyone that knows Nik, or Nik himself for that matter, would take offense to that because there is no one on North that wanted to succeed more than him all year.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:29 am

King James wrote:not dumb at all. hes going d3 for a reason guys. get real. ndsu was not dumb for not offering him. if he is talented enough why isnt he going division 2 or 1? and usf hasnt gone d2 yet and it isnt for sure that they will yet. there is obviously some reason. is it his talent? his athleticism? because the way people talk its neither of those 2 things. being 5'11 isnt an excuse either. there are plenty guards under 6 ft playing d1 and d2 ball. Nik may have stay composed this past weekend but coaches may have saw something this year this past summer or last year that didn't like about his attitude.

I believe he is going to usf because he got a really good scholarship and for some personal reasons. He was good enough to play for NDSU this year. I dont even know what you are getting at..? The original argument was because you made a dumb comment saying Nik "didnt care his team was losing and that he is just happy he is getting his points". Get real
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:31 am

He is trying to bash on his attitude, which evidently he knows nothing about.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:36 am

GFRR99 wrote:
King James wrote:not dumb at all. hes going d3 for a reason guys. get real. ndsu was not dumb for not offering him. if he is talented enough why isnt he going division 2 or 1? and usf hasnt gone d2 yet and it isnt for sure that they will yet. there is obviously some reason. is it his talent? his athleticism? because the way people talk its neither of those 2 things. being 5'11 isnt an excuse either. there are plenty guards under 6 ft playing d1 and d2 ball. Nik may have stay composed this past weekend but coaches may have saw something this year this past summer or last year that didn't like about his attitude.

I believe he is going to usf because he got a really good scholarship and for some personal reasons. He was good enough to play for NDSU this year. I dont even know what you are getting at..? The original argument was because you made a dumb comment saying Nik "didnt care his team was losing and that he is just happy he is getting his points". Get real

If he is good enough to play at ndsu right now saul phillips would offer him. but i guess the coach who took the bison to the tourney last year has no idea what he is doing.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:38 am

Just compare him to the guards they have now.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:39 am

King James wrote:
GFRR99 wrote:

If he is good enough to play at ndsu right now saul phillips would offer him. but i guess the coach who took the bison to the tourney last year has no idea what he is doing.

You were the one who just said that it was his attitude that prevented him going place, not his ability. So maybe saul thought his "attitude" wasnt good enough. Doesnt mean that he isn't good enough. Contradicting yourself
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:49 am

and you said he was good enough to play there this year. which is why i said if he is good enough to play there now saul would offer him. so no i am not contradicting myself.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:52 am

King James wrote:and you said he was good enough to play there this year. which is why i said if he is good enough to play there now saul would offer him. so no i am not contradicting myself.

Your IQ might be lower than 70.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:59 am

No. 3.5 student my whole life actually. you over rate nik savageau
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:01 am

You overrate your ability to evaluate a player or their attitude.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:02 am

I'll mod you guys later, keep it civil.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:05 am

you could pass as nik's mom the way you are so discouraged over this thing. i said it seemed to "me" he didnt care so much as winning as much as scoring and being individually successfull. so that is my opinion
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:10 am

And it seems to "me" that you are 100% incorrect.
You could pass as Mike Hendrickson.
Most ridiculous thing I've heard, saying Nik didnt care.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:14 am

let me restate it then. he cared more about his individual success over his team success,
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:40 am

Ok this may be off topic but its annoying me. King james, stop saying USF is DIII. They are not and never will be. They are NAIA, which is a totally different association than the NCAA. The NAIA is better than DIII because DIII can't give athletic scholarships. They are moving to DII so they can get more schlolarships and be in a more prestigous league.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby jonny906 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:29 am

King James wrote:
GFRR99 wrote:

wow you should get your facts right. saul infact did not recruit ben woodside and friends, the coach did before him. saul is now playing a freshman point guard who i have seen play many times and i can tell you for a fact that sav would have more of an impact on that team than he does, so by saying that he is not going to ndsu because he isnt good enough is rediculous, if he wanted to he could walk on and by the 3rd week of practice he would be on track to never pay for school again, get to know the kid and you will know why he is going to usf, personal reasons (cough hot girlfriend cough)
jonny906
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:46 am

No doubt that the person in your last sentence played a large role in Nik's decision, but let's leave his personal life off this message board. But yes, there is much more to his decision that basketball. He most likely would have got 4 years free at NDSU, had he decided to go there.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Indy5 wrote:Ok this may be off topic but its annoying me. King james, stop saying USF is DIII. They are not and never will be. They are NAIA, which is a totally different association than the NCAA. The NAIA is better than DIII because DIII can't give athletic scholarships. They are moving to DII so they can get more schlolarships and be in a more prestigous league.

The MIAC conference is just as good if not better than the DAC. Yes they can't offer athleic scholarships but there are other ways of finding players schollys and that doesn't mean that the level of play is lower. Trust me.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:22 pm

InsideMan wrote:
Indy5 wrote:Ok this may be off topic but its annoying me. King james, stop saying USF is DIII. They are not and never will be. They are NAIA, which is a totally different association than the NCAA. The NAIA is better than DIII because DIII can't give athletic scholarships. They are moving to DII so they can get more schlolarships and be in a more prestigous league.

The MIAC conference is just as good if not better than the DAC. Yes they can't offer athleic scholarships but there are other ways of finding players schollys and that doesn't mean that the level of play is lower. Trust me.

Yes I knew that but its less appealing to most players when they don't know for sure if they will be able to get a full ride. Some DIII conferences are as good or better than NAIA ones. You could also argue there are some NAIA conferences as good or better than DII conferences though.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys