Nik Savageau

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Nik Savageau

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:57 pm

InsideMan wrote:It all depends on how smoothly the transition period goes.UMary's situation was the best case senario but it is the norm. Look at the mess the Sioux are in. That program is in shambles. He could possibly get 2 years but as far as I know they haven't been accepted into the conference yet. If they do get in they are going to get pounded by those team. The northern sun is one of the best D2 conferences in the country.

I think they would do just fine in the northern sun. Their recruiting class for this year is excellent with BK and Nik. NDSU made a mistake not offering Nik. He is better than a majority of the players on the roster right now.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby InsideMan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:14 pm

GFRR99 wrote:
InsideMan wrote:It all depends on how smoothly the transition period goes.UMary's situation was the best case senario but it is the norm. Look at the mess the Sioux are in. That program is in shambles. He could possibly get 2 years but as far as I know they haven't been accepted into the conference yet. If they do get in they are going to get pounded by those team. The northern sun is one of the best D2 conferences in the country.

I think they would do just fine in the northern sun. Their recruiting class for this year is excellent with BK and Nik. NDSU made a mistake not offering Nik. He is better than a majority of the players on the roster right now.

BK is a long way away from being able to compete in the Northern Sun. He can't hold his own against a 6'4'' post what is he going to do against 6'10'' - 7' kids that he is going to play against on a nightly basis. From the way it sounds, alot of what he has to improve is above his shoulders. There is a reason that UMary quit recruiting him.

With that said, he does have great base and could become a good player if the light comes on but based on what I saw last weekend he has a ways to go. I do hope that everything works out for him - I just question why choose USF if they are entering a new conference and aren't going to have anything to play for a couple years.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:49 pm

USF will be accepted into the NSIC. They and Minot State are moving up because the conference wants to expand to 16 teams. USF gives them a school to add to the south, and Minot gives them one for the north.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:45 am

How do you know that they will be accepted? Im not questioning whether you are right or not I'm just curious as to where you get your information. 16 teams is huge. That will be a super conference. I'm guessing the DAC is close to folding.

Its too bad they don't divide the conference into east and west - seems to make more sense to me.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:41 pm

InsideMan wrote:How do you know that they will be accepted? Im not questioning whether you are right or not I'm just curious as to where you get your information. 16 teams is huge. That will be a super conference. I'm guessing the DAC is close to folding.

Its too bad they don't divide the conference into east and west - seems to make more sense to me.

I've heard also Minot State and USF are all but accepted right now in the NCIS. :D
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby InsideMan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Again, I'm not saying that I don't believe you, I'm just questioning where you guys are reading this so I can read it myself.

Lets hope that they have a good compliance department so they can get in the minimum of 3 years most likely starting next year. There is no way I would go to a school that can't play for anything. Anybody that is a competitor wouldn't want to do that unless it is a perfect situation like NDSU had.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:36 pm

For me, it's just who I know and ask questions too... There was no secret meetings or anything to the like, it's just common knowledge these two colleges where talking to the NCIS.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby InsideMan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:53 pm

I know that they have been talking to the NSIC but I want to know if the ball is rolling on their application into the conference.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:34 pm

I have a relative who plays football for MSU. Also I saw a write-up on the Minot Daily News's website awhile back saying that Minot State and USF were both all but in.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:25 am

Well they already missed out on getting in next year so they are a minimum of 4 years out. After/if they get in, they are going to get absolutely crushed for a minimum of 2 years which basically wipes out their whole careers. The difference between the DAC and Northern Sun if night and day. Trust me. If you don't believe me, go to a game and look at the type of players that the teams have and the level of play.

Im sure USF is a nice school but im not sure why a competitor would want to go to school that can't play or anything. Hopefully they properly handle the transition or else they are going to turn into UND bball program.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:28 pm

InsideMan wrote:Well they already missed out on getting in next year so they are a minimum of 4 years out. After/if they get in, they are going to get absolutely crushed for a minimum of 2 years which basically wipes out their whole careers. The difference between the DAC and Northern Sun if night and day. Trust me. If you don't believe me, go to a game and look at the type of players that the teams have and the level of play.

Im sure USF is a nice school but im not sure why a competitor would want to go to school that can't play or anything. Hopefully they properly handle the transition or else they are going to turn into UND bball program.

Their biggest reasons for wanting to move up is football. USF was absolutely dominate this year. They could have won the DII title and could have contended for the FCS title. I know it sounds crazy but they were quite possibly the best team in the history of the NAIA.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:05 pm

Indy5 wrote:
InsideMan wrote:Well they already missed out on getting in next year so they are a minimum of 4 years out. After/if they get in, they are going to get absolutely crushed for a minimum of 2 years which basically wipes out their whole careers. The difference between the DAC and Northern Sun if night and day. Trust me. If you don't believe me, go to a game and look at the type of players that the teams have and the level of play.

Their biggest reasons for wanting to move up is football. USF was absolutely dominate this year. They could have won the DII title and could have contended for the FCS title. I know it sounds crazy but they were quite possibly the best team in the history of the NAIA.

They were nasty but lets not get carried away. Its a whole different level.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:39 pm

InsideMan wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

They were nasty but lets not get carried away. Its a whole different level.

Did you watch them? i saw them in person once(gorgeous stadium they have down there) and I watched the national championship on TV. That was the only game within 14 all year(I'm pretty sure) and Lindenwood was legit too.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:24 pm

Im not saying that they weren't impressive or dominate because they were. I am just saying that it is a whole different ball game. Especailly in basketball.

There are alot of good reasons for wanting to join the NSIC. If I was the AD of both schools I would be trying to do everything I could do to get into the conference because the NAIA and the DAC conference is a far inferior product.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:55 pm

InsideMan wrote:Im not saying that they weren't impressive or dominate because they were. I am just saying that it is a whole different ball game. Especailly in basketball.

There are alot of good reasons for wanting to join the NSIC. If I was the AD of both schools I would be trying to do everything I could do to get into the conference because the NAIA and the DAC conference is a far inferior product.

Yeah I know its a whole different level and especially in basketball but my claims for their football team remain the same. Half of their team were highly recruited by non BCS conference FBS schools but were too dumb to pass clearing house. That mean no FBS,FCS,DII, or DIII for them. So what do you do? Go to the best NAIA team in the country and just roll everyone.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:46 pm

The only problem with that logic is that they aren't going to be able to get those players in anymore. The are going to have to play by the same rules.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:15 pm

InsideMan wrote:The only problem with that logic is that they aren't going to be able to get those players in anymore. The are going to have to play by the same rules.

Yeah thats true so this actually could hurt them if you think about it. Its a great time to be Carroll College and maybe Lidenwood. Now that USF will be gone, they can pick up the scraps. :D
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby InsideMan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:44 pm

haha yeah I always her of players going to Carroll and USF for just that reason. What a tradgedgy - players actually having to qualify academically. Also, making it though the NCAA clearing house is not hard or demanding at all. If a person can't qualify academically the future doesn't look too bright.
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby east sider » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:35 pm

kid looked like the best player in the state in the second half today, can't believe NDSU didn't recruit/offer him. Somebody please tell me UND tried to??
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby october23sp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:34 pm

Wow, he is a stud, I'm glad BHS had the game won when he did go off.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:59 pm

Phillips is dumb. Nik would have been successful on his team.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby greatbambino » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:30 pm

roundem6 wrote:Phillips is dumb. Nik would have been successful on his team.

saul is not dumb, actually far from it. he just brought in a 5'10" guard this past year. ndsu's needs this recruiting class was for bigger players to play forward, not more sub 6' guards. look at the guys theyre bringing in next year: marshall bjorklund and trayvonne wright. both are big guys. however, if nik was a year older he would be at ndsu instead of zastrow.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:00 pm

I meant dumb in the sense that he did not go harder at Savy.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:07 am

I watched that game and yes Savageau looked good, but not amazing. Funny thing was I talked to a guy who has never seen or heard of this topic and we were talking about the state class A. He said he watched that North-Bismarck game and that one kid from North looked pretty good. He wasn't sure on his name and said looked good but not amazing. Maybe Saul saw what he did.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:35 pm

college coaches don't just recruit on talent, im not saying nik is talented enough to play at ndsu, but coaches will ask around to see what kind of person the kid is and maybe they heard nik has a bad attitude and thats why they chose not to recruit him. this is just me but it seemed like he didnt even care that they were losing yesterday he was just happy he was getting his points
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys